• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mercury211

Private
35 Badges
Jun 18, 2017
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
I aim to create two saint bloodlines in consecutive generations. But no matter how many times I savescumed, I just failed to beautify my second character, though I know he would be canonized once he was beautified (because I nurtured him to extremely high stats and he sponsored multiple mass conversions). I want to know has anyone ever succeed in creating two saint bloodlines in two consecutive characters? I want to know whether that is technically possible not being banned in game code.

Not two in row consecutive but former is great-grandson of latter.
ck2_171.png

Yes, I also succeeded in that, but I really want my second character canonized too, because he attains more than 20k piety.

It's heavily luck-based, so all you can really do is pray and hope. :) The time between determinations and notifications makes save-scumming difficult.

It's heavily luck-based, so all you can really do is pray and hope. :) The time between determinations and notifications makes save-scumming difficult.
I totally agreed. But a bit lucky thing for me is that, this character has depressed traits -- basically I can decide when he can die. That relieve me a lot of inconvenience of save scumming. And I also helped him amass tons of positive traits and avoid the disqualified ones. I can ensure that once he is beautified, he would surely be canonized according to CK2 wiki. So the odds is just the one in beautification -- one to three.

can same saintly bloodline created? in my game pope created saintly bloodline I wanted on a pope so its gone forever :D
If that bloodline is on a Dead pope, I think there is no way for you to collect that bloodline other than using console cheats. But this indeed reminds me of old time when there is a period of CK2 versions you can inherit the title of pope and play as pope with some small tricks.

If that bloodline is on a Dead pope, I think there is no way for you to collect that bloodline other than using console cheats. But this indeed reminds me of old time when there is a period of CK2 versions you can inherit the title of pope and play as pope with some small tricks.
damn it ... it was %30 religious enemy damage one :D

can same saintly bloodline created? in my game pope created saintly bloodline I wanted on a pope so its gone forever :D

Yes, the same saintly bloodline can be created more than once. :)

See this guy for example:
Saintly Bloodlines 3.jpg

By the way, he had 7 8 saintly bloodlines, of which 5 were from my own dynasty. 3 2 of those were from my player characters. There are no restrictions on the number of saintly bloodlines or their duplication. :)

Last edited:
Yes, the same saintly bloodline can be created more than once. :)

See this guy for example:
View attachment 524720

By the way, he had 7 saintly bloodlines, of which 5 were from my own dynasty. 3 of those were from my player characters. There are no restrictions on the number of saintly bloodlines or their duplication. :)
and they stack? :D
Imagine you are playing a muslim dynasty and byzantium ruler got 2 %30 damage saint bloodline :D

and they stack? :D
Imagine you are playing a muslim dynasty and byzantium ruler got 2 %30 damage saint bloodline :D

Yes, brother, they stack! :)
Combat Bonuses with Bloodlines.jpg

Note that there is currently a bug with bloodlines where combat modifiers work even when bloodlines are inactive (no other bonuses work when inactive). So even people of other religions can breed those bloodlines onto their characters and benefit from the combat bonuses. :)

EDIT: I wrote a bit about this back in April.

It seems I made a mistake earlier in the current thread: I had eight, not seven, saintly bloodlines. Of the five of my own dynasty only two were from my player characters, not three.

Last edited:

You mean those versions we have right now and were in the game since at least sons of Abraham? I wouldn't say that the version 3.3 is old... It released few days ago.

The way i know of uses exploits that are not an intended mechanic most probably, so it might be fixed in the future.

Note that there is currently a bug with bloodlines where combat modifiers work even when bloodlines are inactive (no other bonuses work when inactive). So even people of other religions can breed those bloodlines onto their characters and benefit from the combat bonuses. :)

This way you can use Christian bloodline giving damage against religious enemies against Christians :D

I like to stack the perfect Knight bloodlines (+cavalry command) and then make them have african religion so they can use fetishes and i use them as commanders for my "horsemen of the apocalypse" army

You mean those versions we have right now and were in the game since at least sons of Abraham? I wouldn't say that the version 3.3 is old... It released few days ago.

The way i know of uses exploits that are not an intended mechanic most probably, so it might be fixed in the future.

This way you can use Christian bloodline giving damage against religious enemies against Christians :D

I like to stack the perfect Knight bloodlines (+cavalry command) and then make them have african religion so they can use fetishes and i use them as commanders for my "horsemen of the apocalypse" army
I refer to versions way time before, around two years ago.

I refer to versions way time before, around two years ago.

I think @majdavlk was making the point that such exploits are still around in the current version. :)

I found this exploit when i was doing a challange run of owning all existing titles.

Yep, the exploits are still around to this day, i even made quite detailed video on youtube explaining step by step how to do it, but i think were forbidden to post link here so i will try to explain it shortly by written words.

Make someone who would be your heir unless disinherited a theocratic catholic and make him the preferatus for papacy inheritance, then ask the son to convert to a religion that either does not disable theocratic inheritance or disables theocracies, on the same day that your heir converts kill the pope and your heir will inherit papacy and become your heir, now you just have to make "succession" happen.

If you would be interested in me sending you the link to the video pm me.