• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dw1986

Recruit
20 Badges
Oct 11, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
Hi everyone
I’m new to the forum, I love playing CK2 and also love history, my favourite being the war of the roses up to the English civil war, I would love to play as the tudors or even the Stewart’s and wondered if there is any mod that will allow me to do this,
Many thank

you can play as the stewarts in scotland in some of the later start dates. if you have the right dlc theyll have a unique coat of arms, even. i think theyre counts of strathclyde or something, somewhere in that area, i cant remember which county precisely off the top of my head

the tudors also exist as the welsh house of tewdwr but i dont know if theyre higher than baron level at any start date, so they might be unplayable without some wrangling. if youre not in ironman you can just console grant them a county and play as them. they dont have a unique coa though so realistically whats the point, complete trash dynasty until paradox lets me give them money for worthless cosmetics

yeah though as my mans blah said eu4 begins in 1444 so it covers all of that if you dont mind playing as a nation rather than a specific character

you can play as the stewarts in scotland in some of the later start dates. if you have the right dlc theyll have a unique coat of arms, even. i think theyre counts of strathclyde or something, somewhere in that area, i cant remember which county precisely off the top of my head

the tudors also exist as the welsh house of tewdwr but i dont know if theyre higher than baron level at any start date, so they might be unplayable without some wrangling. if youre not in ironman you can just console grant them a county and play as them. they dont have a unique coa though so realistically whats the point, complete trash dynasty until paradox lets me give them money for worthless cosmetics

yeah though as my mans blah said eu4 begins in 1444 so it covers all of that if you dont mind playing as a nation rather than a specific character

Again can I say many thank, it’s a shame that I will not by the looks of it play this in CK2 but I will take the advice on board and look at EU4

Hi everyone
I’m new to the forum, I love playing CK2 and also love history, my favourite being the war of the roses up to the English civil war, I would love to play as the tudors or even the Stewart’s and wondered if there is any mod that will allow me to do this,
Many thank

Not playable but there is the mod called Western Europe: the rose the lili and the oak. Its in progress since 2015 and I fear it will never be released. However, it would deeply focus on gameplay as a noble in europe in the late middle ages and I think the creator said Battle of Bosworth would be a starting date so you could play as Henry VII.

bear in mind that dynastic intrigue isn't a Thing in EUIV so check it out carefully before you decide to buy it. the interface works in a very similar way but the games are totally different.

having said that, i love using the EUIV Converter DLC and playing from 769 - 1821. if i'm lucky.

Unfortunately the War of Roses is a bit beyond the end date, but I must admit that it would fit CK2 perfectly and would probably make a great late game DLC. That and all the craziness the Borgia, Medici, Visconti, etc. got up to in Italy.