• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bug

Hi and thank you for a great mod! I especially like the historical news - they not only make the immersion better, but also show how the war approached while people in power chose to look the other way.
A bug to report - Soviet guards appear in Palawan, the Philippines. I checked into the files, there is an error in the Elites file for SU. The rule is for the unit to appear in province 1572 (Palawan) instead of 572 - Moscow.
Hope that helps.

:)

You're welcome. Two other observations after playing the SU campaign until Feb 1944 (and being on the border of Poland at that time).
First, I never got a second guard unit after the first infantry.
Second, some officers were purged that shouldn't have - Ivan Konev (he is like on the level of Rokossovsky, famous and capable) and Meretskov - he was a high-skill officer who disappeared in the purge in the game, but remained as an option for a Chief of Staff or the other military position in the cabinet. Meretskov became a Marshal and died in 1968 in reality. There might be other "unlegitimate purges" :), but these are the two that made the biggest impression on me.
BTW, I noticed something that might be an illogical game mechanics. I encircled and beat several divisions, who started retreating to a German-occupied province. When they got there, it was already mine, as well as the bordering provinces; I had expanded faster than they were retreating. Instead of disappearing though, they OCCUPIED/invaded the provinces. Maybe I should have left a unit there to technically beat them and then they would disappear, but it does not seem logical IMHO.

Kudos!

Last edited:
Thank you for this bug reports.
With the new TRP version (1.01) - we will release soon - a lot of this problems were fixed.
Guard units are decisions and will use correct country ids.
Great purge is changed too ;)

Lord Rommel, TRP-Mod

I just want to thank you guys for this Mod. I've played HOI since HOI 1 and this is the first mod that has directly addressed the serious lack of AI and other features that have made me so disappointed with the whole series. I purchased DH on the whimsical fancy that perhaps the claims to the AI issue's may have been addressed,but alas... Your whole approach from start to finish has made me even want to play Germany or Japan again. Supreme Kudo's for how you have dealt with the Pacific Theatre. I really look forward to playing both the Army and Navy faction. And finally no sinking the American or Japanese Navy's piecemeal and the attendant Land Forces. I actually saw screened transports ... very well done. Is there a Mod planned for WWI, I personally would enjoy playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.