• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GillesDeRais

First Lieutenant
13 Badges
Jan 10, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
I seem to have fulfilled all the requirements: I'm a Great Power as Greece, I own all my cores, including Thrace, but the event to form the Empire doesn't appear... not even as incomplete to show what conditions aren't met... Any thoughts anyone please?

Yep. You need Konya and all the greek cores.

But try to take as many turk-culture states as you can before you form byzantium, since you'll get cores on all greek or turkish provinces you own.

Really? SO you could basically beat the Ottomans, take them back and then form Byzantine Empire with it's historical borders?

No. You'll need to own it.

@MN121MN:
Yes, basically, but you'll only get cores on provinces with a turkish or greek majority which i think equals what you see as turkish or greek provinces in the culture map mode. You only get cores when you enact the decision. And ONLY provinces you personally own, if there's turk or greek provinces in another empire, you won't get any cores there.

Last edited:
Does the "Byzantine Empire" have Turkish as a primary or accepted culture then? It seems weird to get cores on a huge majority populance, that would be treated as second-rate citizens.

You won't get any more accepted cultures, since the byzantine empire was mostly included for giggles along with Iraq being able to form babylon.

EDIT:
For babylon, you'll need to be a great power and have both advanced metallurgy and The historical theory

Last edited:
You won't get any more accepted cultures, since the byzantine empire was mostly included for giggles along with Iraq being able to form babylon.

EDIT:
For babylon, you'll need to be a great power and have both advanced metallurgy and The historical theory

Wow, Babylon sounds bizzare. I can't say I've heard of the tag either. How would you even go about forming it if Iraq doesn't exist at the game starts? I'm not a huge fan of release-play games with revolter tags, to be honest.

You form Babylon by being an awesome player.
Releasing Iraq as the Ottomans, chosing "Play as" and somehow managing to become both civilized and a great power without being crushed by someone.
Considering that people have taken the whole of africa as Liberia or creating the polish-lithuanian commonwealth as Krakow, forming Babylon probably isn't the most difficult ting to do. Just very difficult.