• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any chance you can launch a limited offensive to the south to take pressure off Romania. As has been pointed out you need their oil badly even with the victories elsewhere, without Romanian oil you'll be unable to parry future Russian blows. Perhaps the 19th Army once it's finished in Italy should redeploy to steady the Bulgarian lines.

Impressive to see the AI taking advantage of the withdrawal though.

The fuel situation is not too bad at the moment.Ive managed to get trade deals with Sweden,Nationalist Spain and Japan for fuel.All being well, there will be offensive action in the Spring...;)

Wait, offensive in Spring? You mean of 1946? Damnnnn... in HOI2 with the easy settings France fell October 1944 and I was completely annihilate by June 1945... however I did make an awesome defense with twenty infantry divisions on one side of a river against 60 attacking Allies on the other... I did lose Berlin and half of my protectorates before I surrendered tho :(

December 1945-The Lines Redrawn.

December 1945 and Operation Wiedergeburt has finished.The German lines have withdrawn and reorganised into powerful new armies.The German High Command is confident that further Russian advances can be stopped, even with their superior numbers.

61774550.jpg

16551324.jpg

68939432.jpg

63930918.jpg

26132455.jpg

Intelligence Report-Russian Army Land Units

36778844.jpg

German Army Land Units

11382210.jpg

Japanese Remain Dominant In Asia.

51721883.jpg

65145887.jpg

Operation Bear Trap

Preparations have begun for Operation Bear Trap, a fresh German offensive against the Red Army scheduled to begin in Spring 1946.Even though the Red Army is considerably bigger, German leaders are putting faith in their superior armored divisions. They are also hoping that recent technological advances can give the German forces a vital edge.Commanders in the east are still awaiting the arrival of the last army from Italy that is due to be redeployed shortly.

The situation looks pretty good!

Yes, apart from the sheer size of the Red Army(they now have over 2000 land brigades which are increasingly massing on the front!!!)....a bloody battle is coming....

Uh oh... 2000 for the Soviets, what about you?

:/

It's even worse because you probably have some more divisions guarding Italy, France and the Balkans, right?

EDIT: Holy crap! 5,000 manpower? Don't you only start off with like 500? And also, doesnt the divisions have such low health (like 20%) that it will take like 10 just to fully reinforce one? :O CHEATER!

:/

It's even worse because you probably have some more divisions guarding Italy, France and the Balkans, right?

EDIT: Holy crap! 5,000 manpower? Don't you only start off with like 500? And also, doesnt the divisions have such low health (like 20%) that it will take like 10 just to fully reinforce one? :O CHEATER!

No cheating.Manpower starts higher in 1944 scenario.And I have not built much really because of low IC...and most of IC has been going on upgrades...I would like to use all that manpower...but can't...

That sucks... how about making just two or three infantry/armor divisions? :D It won't dent your manpower at all, really. I've never even come close to 5000, let alone 1000 in HOI3. I HAVE however managed to get 700 as Hungary after taking over all the balkans and Turkey (before I made the latter a Puppet) :|

Well,on average I'm putting about 150-180 IC for unit production.I always have 1 or 2 super heavy/heavy arm div being built(28IC each)and a few air squadrons which I badly need...and that's it really.Infantry divs are not the primary requirement right now.

Ya, I kinda find infantry inferior once I make roughly 20-30 Mechanized divisions in my army, then I begin disbanding or sending my infantry to guard duty while I replace them with mechanized troops. THem and armor are awesome together :D

Operation Bear Trap

hoi31r.jpg

3rd Panzerarmee
Panzergruppe West
Rear support-16th and 18th Armies

4th Panzerarmee
Armata 4
Rear support-9th Armee

1st Panzerarmee
Rear support-8th and 14th Armies

2nd Panzerarmee
10th Armee
Rear support-19th Armee

Operation Bear Trap is scheduled to commence sometime in June,1946.

That looks very daring, I think advancing that far may overextend your lines and allow the Soviets to penetrate your defenses. Hopefully tho it will allow you to take back the rest of Hungary, Romania and maybe even Bulgaria.

That's a pretty ambitious plan. Do you think you have the forces to go through with it?