• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
that is impressive.
but i doubt germany would be in position to keep all that land for long.
the harsh treaty terms make a WW2 almost inevitable.
if found it odd that ireland wasn't granted independence but on the other hand it seems that they can just rise up any day now with german consent.

watching this continue into kaiserreich would be a pleasure :)

As always, I thank everybody for your positive comments :)

Have you considered continuing this in Kaiserreich? You have some experience with modding, and the situation isn't all that different...

I did consider it, but decided against it.

1) There are plenty of Kaiserreich AARs going on these days. I made this AAR partly because I think the 1914 mod deserves more attention.

2) If you look at how this WW1 ended, you'll see that the amount of modding I'd have to do to Kaiserreich to make it more in line with the outcome would be rather significant. It would probably royally mess up all the event chains, the AI and the overall balance and the game would thus be rather boring to play.

3) One reason why I like 1914 is that it is almost lag-free. Kaiserreich is the polar opposite :) I love the mod, but playing before things start to get interesting is painfully tedious.​

(It would be great though if the mod 1914 eventually included an expanded timeline that would make playing past 1920 more interesting - if it included Kaiserreich-ish event chains that would turn the defeated countries into various dictatorships, for example.)

if found it odd that ireland wasn't granted independence but on the other hand it seems that they can just rise up any day now with german consent.

Yes, I am sure Lettow-Vorbeck's troops "forgot" a lot of weapons and ammo there as when they were leaving :rofl:

Last edited:
Well, if you do another AAR, I hope you make it another 1914.

This was a great AAR. I would say the Schlieffen plan worked in a Direct Military sense (you smashed their forces, took Paris, and sent the French armies to the south in disarray), but in a grand strategic sense it did not (the French government did not collapse, nor did France surrender).

If it's too much to do, I won't make you. Kaiserreich is pretty intense, and it would probably end up like every other AAR with that mod.

Maybe you'd like to do Russia 1914 next? A nation even worse off than Germany?:D

Hell no, the Workers' and Farmers' Republic of Switzerland!

Well, Winner, definitely lived up to the name on this one. I think Commie Switzerland would probably be a good change of scenery, but I don't think it's at all realistic to ask of you.

Hell no, the Workers' and Farmers' Republic of Switzerland!

Well, Winner, definitely lived up to the name on this one. I think Commie Switzerland would probably be a good change of scenery, but I don't think it's at all realistic to ask of you.

I think maybe a Kaiserreich game set with France Guarenteeing the Independance of a Commie Switzerland... call it 'the watchmakers revenge' :D

Beautiful AAR. Well-played and patiently crafted. I only wish you were able to extend the game as you say into 1936 with a revanchist fascist Britain and France up against a conservative democratic Germany... and perhaps her new allies in Russia ;)

A mighty fine show of German force! Now, go back to your Bohemian reformation ASAP :D

still nice AAR

Yeah, I still remember the game fondly...

only thing that wonders me, is that A-H should retain contril over bohemia after the war or at least should have some kind of treaty with them

There were no events for that, I guess. The event creating Czechoslovakia while A-H still existed probably had a very low probability of happening, but it wasn't the only weird thing in the AAR (see Communist Switzerland -> I sometimes dream about playing it :D ).