• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure this is not true. Remember the base engine is based on EU3 which was released Jan 2007 which is the same time that Vista was released. I seriously doubt that Paradox had access to Vista to use for game development. They might have had access to the public beta, but wouldn't have used it to develop the game.

Because it was developed during the XP era they aren't going to significantly change the base engine to allow for an OS 2 generations (or 3 for Windows 8) newer than what they started with. They must rely on Microsoft keeping their pledge of backwards compatibility.

Odd tangent, but we pretty much all use win 7 64 bit here, and have done since before FTM started.

Dark, your realism takes all the fun out of the conspirational theories here :-(

However, considering that

we pretty much all use win 7 64 bit here

your own signature becomes utterly realistic as well... :p

Hey guys,

just wanted to let you know that I've been busy with lots of stuff NOT directly related to beta signups. Have patience. :)

I've received quite a few NDAs so far, but haven't had much time to confirm many yet. Sorry about that :(

Hey guys,

just wanted to let you know that I've been busy with lots of stuff NOT directly related to beta signups. Have patience. :)

I've received quite a few NDAs so far, but haven't had much time to confirm many yet. Sorry about that :(

only 2 days left to confirm =)

Well I did now some hands-offs games right away for continious ~6+ hours in the background.. 2 runs up to 1945..
Never got any gfx problems.. :)

I can confirm/backup this, as I have had this game on for over 24 hours on very slow speed before (yes I am an ultra micro manager, don't shout at me for being too geeky! lol) never had a problem on win 7 64 bit.

Hey guys,

Stop playing with my emotions like that! :D

An email from Carsten told me that admitting people to the beta has been temporarily post-poned until the week.

Sorry if I wasn't supposed to say that -- but you know, I knew and us beta testers should know.

Thursday and still no news on being added to the beta
What's up with that?

They've already added all the people to the beta (at least, they've added me...)

They've already added all the people to the beta (at least, they've added me...)
That's odd..
I got the following email on the 5th
Hi Joe,

just wanted to confirm that I've received your NDA, and everything seems to be in order.
Also, a minor update on when you'll be added to the beta; we had hoped to add people by this Friday, but it's likely going to be early next week instead.

regards,
Carsten

Gentlemen, while I understand your eagerness, all conversation regarding the beta should be directed to me (either PM or email) and not be in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.