• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good that at least 10 people live in Grönland. means a lot of incest! :D
So, there are a lot of indian federations in north america?
Would be realistic, since the vinlandian existence has brought the local civilizations to a new level, causing greater federations controlling many provinces to unite and become nations.
Even maybe republics... :D

Bingo Brett said:
This is pretty interesting. I'll be following along. Keep it up! :)
thanks, nice to know people take an interest

Enewald said:
Good that at least 10 people live in Grönland. means a lot of incest! :D
So, there are a lot of indian federations in north america?
Would be realistic, since the vinlandian existence has brought the local civilizations to a new level, causing greater federations controlling many provinces to unite and become nations.
Even maybe republics... :D

Thanks for reading Enewald, somehow this is the second time you bring up incest in an AAR of mine :D

I'm guessing it's just ten men playing lots of chess, or maybe a penal colony

Rabid said:
I like where you're going with this, the last AAR was good but it's shaping up to be more interesting with the new events and such :)

yeah new events ... if you have any brilliant ideas let me know, I'm still modding along the way ;)

demokratickid said:
Good to see the further smashing of the Abenaki!

I was just very lucky, ai could have made the war quite messy on me, but they didn't decide to go head on with me, or even try to lift the siege on the capital, and with their capital in hand, ending the war soon was easy for me:)
Since they have a mission on Eriksey, they'll probably attack me soon enough for revenge.

I liked the vassal creation a lot, both from a realistic and a strategic perspective.

Do you have a COT? With the huge cash haul from the last war would guess you are close to being able to afford one. Also guessing there is quite a bit of high-value fur in those provinces.

Rastar said:
I liked the vassal creation a lot, both from a realistic and a strategic perspective.

Do you have a COT? With the huge cash haul from the last war would guess you are close to being able to afford one. Also guessing there is quite a bit of high-value fur in those provinces.

I do have a COT, I put that in the mod, just because I'm the only nation in N-America that has ships, it's in my capital.

that does help my economical situation of course quite a bit, I thought that with a Vinland in the region, a COT would seem plausible.

Thanks for the vassal comment. I'm glad you concur It does create problems though, I'm trying to mod that the vassals discover anything I discover aswell, it seems that they don't even know Abenaki, and Markland doesn't know about Grønland and vice versa. Could change that in the savegame each and every time, but a few automatic events would be better. If anyone could help me on this btw, pm me

Urcules said:
It does create problems though, I'm trying to mod that the vassals discover anything I discover as well, it seems that they don't even know Abenaki, and Markland doesn't know about Grønland and vice versa. Could change that in the savegame each and every time, but a few automatic events would be better. If anyone could help me on this btw, pm me

I have also seen that vassals do not get a call to arms on fighting countries they haven't discovered. They only need to know about the enemy capital to get the call.

I'm not much of a modder, but would guess that changing their known/unknown flags on other provinces would be easier than trying to somehow tie their discoveries to yours on an ongoing basis.

Since you created the vassals by event, it seems reasonable that you could include information on which territories they know. If you didn't specify otherwise in the event, they may only know about their own territories and your capital territory (since they are allied to you, they have to know your capital for diplomacy actions).

I am glad you started another AAR :D

The old one was very well done and it looks like this one will be also.

Urcules said:
I was just very lucky, ai could have made the war quite messy on me, but they didn't decide to go head on with me, or even try to lift the siege on the capital, and with their capital in hand, ending the war soon was easy for me:)
Since they have a mission on Eriksey, they'll probably attack me soon enough for revenge.

Hopefully they'll be as equally lacklustre as the most recent war... :)

demokratickid said:
Hopefully they'll be as equally lacklustre as the most recent war... :)

I'll let you know soon enough, update in the pipeline
I tackled the known province leaphole for markland and Grønland, so I have a real alliance, not a paper one, and they did attack me ...

The Eriksey lockup

Wermund had been a good Prince that had changed the fate of Vinland. That was the consensus amongst the nobles and especially commoners that attended his funeral.
He had stipulated in his will that his nephew Líulfr was the best candidate to succeed him. When Wermund was inaugurated more than twenty years earlier, law foresaw only an althing to elect the new Prince-for-life.
Not only did the nobles attend to this althing so did the jarls Magnus VII of Markland and Yngling VII of Grønland. As soon as Yngling arrived at Vinborg the debates started. The presence of Yngling and Magnus aided Líulfr’s case, for they supported him as they were enjoying the relative independence of their jarls (duchies).

On the 6th of June Wermund’s nephew was elected Prince-for-Life.
EU3_26.jpg

First thing first, he must have thought:
EU3_27.jpg

In February a few veterans were rewarded with territories south of Hvalvik, in an area named Hvítrfiskrland (land of the white fish). By June, Abenaki skrælings were spotted thereabouts and Líulfr sent more colonists (veterans, but also the odd criminal and a few mixed Innuit families) and the army, in order to try and create a defensive line to safeguard the region.

Unfortunately, the Abenaki had noticed the weak position of the Vinland army.
EU3_30.jpg
Many soldiers were still at home and supplies had not yet been fully organised, and the first Abenaki attack at newly erected Fiskrborg was a shock to Líulfr, and a lot of Vinlanders feared losing everything on continental shores.
It was late November 1421, the lateness of the season could explain the unpreparedness of Líulfr.
EU3_31.jpg
The fleeing soldiers fled to Hvalvik and Skalí, Hvítrfiskrland was confiscated by Abenaki. With the winter setting in, many died because of the harshness of the climate.
In August 1422 the assembled army was at full power, and on its way to Hvítrfiskrland. Halfway there, scouts spotted the entire army of Abenaki warriors and Líulfr was able to set an ambush successfully. Only 27% of the losses of the last batle were suffered. The fleeing warriors were tracked down and the second battle of Fiskrborg was won by Líulfr. At this stage, the jarl of Markland, Magnus VII was also participating in hostilities. The Abenaki were able to retreat in uncharted lands, which slowed down the chase. As Líulfr and Magnus advanced slowly, the Abenaki took revenge by assaulting Sigrsvik and take control of the area they had lost in the previous war. The entire warband then built a few rafts to cross the channel to Eriksey. The few inhabitants were able to escape with small fishing boats and sailed to Leifsey, where they alarmed the fleet. Within a week of the Abenaki cheering over their effortless captrure of two Vinlandic provinces, they were locked up on a small island with 8000 men for the next three and a half years.
In those years, the Vinlandic soldiers split up once they heard about the lockup and together with Magnus VII, who successfully besieged the Abenaki capital , the entire skræling territory was taken by the sword (or axe). After regrouping outside Sigrsvik, the demoralised warriorband was easily beaten, and with no means of retreat this time, they were slaughtered or driven into the sea. Later, the area around the former capital was renamed in honour of Líulrf’s uncle.
EU3_32.jpg
EU3_33-1.jpg
EU3_34.jpg

On the 21st of October 1426 Abenaki was fully annexed.

1422map.jpg

In the following years, widows, women, and possible dissidents were deported and missionaries sent to tighten control over the area.
EU3_41.jpg
(this event happened for all five of the Abenaki provs, the other option would have gained 10 a piece, other than the event itself, no spectacular consequences.)

Last edited:
Urcules said:
my english-old norse dictionary is far from perfect, It should say fight or die or something heroic like that.
Oss frekar deyjum ? I'll try and change that much obliged!

Blimey! Who would have thought there were scandinavians on this forum! :rolleyes:
Would you mind if I pm you the next time I have to make a conjugation?

I wun't mind at all, but don't listen to the damm swedes Icelanders found Vínland and they wrote about it.

what I wrote means: we would wrathere die

but don't trust me fully there may be 10-20 words that have changed in the last 1200 years.

also a lot of words end in ur and a like hvalAvik, sigURland and many towns had Staður(place) and Bær(town) in the back of there names, like Eigilsstaðir,
Garðabæ etc

no more weird o use the norse Æ æ

Last edited: