• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If it was perhaps possible to seize Baku by some kind of miracle, it would be worth it! The drop in production of the oil fields should make the russian supply troubles even graver.
With all that armor they are throwing around you just know they have to be bleeding oil... So denting their oil supply might mean armored units slowing to a crawl when they move at all.
Also, the lack of oil might be felt by all those modern units they got...

Ofcourse all that is pure speculation, since I have no idea what kind of stockpiles they have, but based on my own experiences as Germany, its a nasty mess to suddenly have too much armor and too little oil... so... with a bit of luck (also known as stupidity on the part of the AI), and a fast grab of Baku, the Emperor might enjoy a nice cup of tea in Moscow before we know it. (Actually, no matter when he gets there for tea, it WILL be before we know it, since Remble wont post it until after the fact, ofcourse... :D )

remble would probably be better off just infra bombing baku. i dont think he has the forces to defend it properly as well as the rest of the middle east, i dont know if remble would consider it gamey or not.

just my 2 cents :)

keep up the good work remble, i dont normally like naval battles but lately i have been wanting to have some large scale naval action :D

i think that after thining the number of soviet divs in china and manchuria considerably you should redeploy as much of your troops as possible to persia and attack the soviets through the caucasus and central asia. walking through siberia even with no soviets present takes ages.

BobaFett696 said:
remble would probably be better off just infra bombing baku. i dont think he has the forces to defend it properly as well as the rest of the middle east, i dont know if remble would consider it gamey or not.

just my 2 cents :)

keep up the good work remble, i dont normally like naval battles but lately i have been wanting to have some large scale naval action :D

Yeah, just like the gamey allies bombed the romanian oil fields. ;) No, you are quite right, it's historically logical and extremely ungamey, only problem being that Rembles airforce isn't exactly strategically equipped...

The front seems to have just erupted hasn't it.

Winter has retired and the Soviets (and you) are on the attack.

Quite unlikely, but if you do attempt an offensive in Manchuria, maybe you could link up with the Cavalry supporting Operation Tedious.

Good updates, I was gone in Europe for two weeks, so I had a bit of reading to do.

harezmi - Offensive will not be immediate but I am thinking about it. The loss of Xilinhot can cause me some problems as it opens up the bombing area that for now just contains Erenhot. If the Soviet troops dig in to Xilinhot it could render my bombers useless in this area. Persia would give my bombers plenty of time to destroy advancing troops certainly but the AI gave me something else to think about as you will see in the update.

alan_le_cowboy, Murmurandus - There is still some snow around but I will change map mode in May and probably vary which I use. I do use the Political map a lot when I am playing but the red of the SU is not too good for screenshots so I tend to not use that.

Kurt_Steiner - It is probably too far from the front line but the Soviets could have worked out its just a diversion :)

Zvetiki - There are some possibilities but I only have six divisions to use so anything has to be small scale.

LordSlowpoke - Thank you and welcome aboard :)

robou - Correct. I won't be advancing if its going to cost me too much manpower. Somewhere I have to find enough manpower to build garrison divisions or any advance across Russia will grind to a halt when my TC gets crippled.

Ruodnane - I try to keep things interesting which is why I am allowing the USN to provide the odd spot of entertainment ;)

Delex - I might bypass Siberia if I can but we shall see.

elbasto - Fortunately my enemy in Asia also has old troops which makes things a little more even. I will need to upgrade this year which will mean oil problems later I expect.

Brad1 - Baku might be a bit of a problem as you shall see.

Nathan Madien - Thank you. texas is a little way off for now. Maybe some time in 1949/50 :D

Argus Eritarami - I could do that certainly. The ideal time to have invaded the US was right after Hawaii when the USN was almost non-existant.

Thurak - The loss of Xilinhot was a lot more expensive than I had hoped but that is for later in the month.

arch3223 - Yes its an encirclement in Baoding. Leaving the corridor open would break my gaminess rules. Vladivostok is a high priority target for its bases.

FlorisDeVijfde - Thank you very much. Welcome aboard and I hope you continue to enjoy this AAR :D

cosminus - Things become slightly clearer around Baku in the update.

Chipseal - Offensive will not be for a while as I still want to destroy more of the Red Army first to stop an attack being too costly. I am planning my opening moves though.

BobaFett696, E. Jünger, Argus Eritarami - I could bomb Baku but it would end up reducing my own oil reserves. It wouldn't be gamey at all I don't think and my TAC's could easily do it. Bombing Baku reduces the possible Soviet Oil reserves which they are kindly building up for me.

gooy - Walking through Siberia is indeed very time consuming and I will have several choices to make as to where I want to advance. The most likely is going to be through Mongolia and then north west to capture the closest Energy reserves but I could try something else when the time comes.

Maj. von Mauser - Welcome back :) Things have got a little more aggressive of late for sure.

Update to follow ...

The Bear

1500 April 5th 1947.
North China Army Headquarters. Lanzhou, China.

The Tactical bombers had cleared Persia of enemy troops and were now available to support further operations in Iraq.​

apr5471500gr1.jpg

General Abe led two divisions towards Kirkuk where they easily overcame the single Syrian Militia division. More Syrian troops were crossing the border but not in the numbers that had existed when Iraq had been annexed.​

0400 April 6th 1947.
Kwantung Army Headquarters. Mukden, Manchukuo.

Manchuria had seen some action now that the snows had left with both sides trying to make some headway in an area that had been almost a total standoff for a year.​

apr6470400gr1.jpg

Japanese Dive bombers targetted Liaoyuan province where eleven Soviet divisions were currently present. These troops had tried to dislodge the defenders of Andong and had allowed themselves to become vunerable to air attack as a result. The Dive bombers had a large choice of targets as Red Army forces retreated from Ulan Hot and Xinjing, both of which were in the same air zone as Liaoyuan.

Teruachi's five province front faced an equal number of Soviet held provinces. Two of the Soviet provinces were in full retreat with only one of Terauchi's moving forwards. The forces were still too evenly matched for either side to be able to advance with any confidence and the waiting game was likely to continue for some time yet before Terauchi would try to break his opponent.​

apr6471700gr1.jpg

The Soviets launched another assault towards the Cavalry divisions defending Khabarovsk at 1700 on April 6th. Odds of two to one would be too many even after Japanese bombers removed one division from the attack. The Cavalry headed back out to sea to the waiting Transport ships and would await further orders.​

0200 April 7th 1947.

The Soviet breakthrough in Datong province was slowly being dismantled by Japanese Dive bombers which were currently targetting the retreating divisions in Datong.​

apr7470200gr2.jpg

Damage was increasing rapidly and there was no sign of any rescue attempt by Soviet forces to try and free Rokossovsky and his divisions in Baoding.​

apr7470400gr1.jpg

Another attack occured in Iraq as Nishihara led an assault towards Karbala where another Syrian division had crossed the frontier. Victory would be swift as the Tactical bombers arrived to destroy the defending division.

The bombers would head north on April 8th on a reconnaisance mission for Higashikuni.​

apr8470400gr1.jpg

The report he received from the overflight of the Baku region of the Soviet Union was not particularly helpful as there were clearly a fairly large number of enemy divisions guarding this border. The possibility of enemy air cover was also noted even though it was more likely to be a rebasing squadron. Opening up Persia to the Soviets would certainly invite some enemy forces across the border but any progress they could make would be very slow given the very bad terrain in the region.​

apr8470800gr1.jpg

CA Division 3 was protecting the entrance to the Persian Gulf when it received visitors from South Africa in the form of a Naval bomber squadron. The long range of these aircraft allowed them to hunt in areas others could not but in this instance the bombers had made a fatal mistake.​

apr8471200gr1.jpg

Four hours after being scrambled from their base in Ahmadabad eight Japanese Interceptor squadrons arrived over Gwatar Bay. The Interceptors had moved back to Ahmadabad to recover from their battles over Persia as the airfields in that region had been so badly bombed that they were almost useless. Saboru led the experienced Interceptors as they attacked the single South African bomber squadron. It was not much of a dogfight and it was over inside an hour as the bombers disintigrated.​

apr9470400gr2.jpg

Higashikuni's right flank was being protected by Chandra Bose and his Infantry corps which had just arrived back in Guyuan province. He was attacked as soon as he started setting up his defences but would repell the three Soviet divisions heading in his direction.​

apr9471900gr1.jpg

Any chance of the Allies reclaiming Ceylon had been lost after BB Division 1 had removed the American Carriers from the area. The United States Navy still tried to land but with no naval protection the invasion was doomed before it started. IJN Musashi sank the Molly Pitcher Transport Flotilla with the remaining ships falling prey to Ichimaru and Genda's Naval bombers.​

0400 April 10th 1947.
Kwantung Army Headquarters. Mukden, Manchukuo.

Timoshenko had made the mistake of moving back into Xinjing where Terauchi would once again respond to prevent any build up of Soviet forces.​

apr10470400gr1.jpg

The already damaged Red Army troops stood no chance as thirty Japanese divisions swarmed all over them. The Soviets could not manage to move enough forces into any area in Manchuria to enable any sort of attack on the defending Japanese troops.​

1100 April 11th 1947.
The Skies Above the Gulf of Mannar.

Enemy Naval bombers operating from Diego Garcia had been harassing Japanese convoys around Ceylon. Mj. General Kato's upgrading Interceptor wing had been moved from Calcutta to halt the attacks.​

apr11471100gr1.jpg

Kato completely removed the threat as his Interceptors destroyed the Canadian bombers during two hours dogfighting.​

1500 April 11th 1947.
Naval Offices. Tokyo, Japan.

Osami had not finished terrorising the Red Army along the Siberian coast as he ordered another landing to take place.​

apr11471500gr1.jpg

The Cavalry that had been forced to withdraw to the north had merely moved south and began to make their way ashore towards the vacant Vladivostok. A second invasion was also ordered towards Tetyukhe to provide even more problems for the Soviets.​

0200 April 13th 1947.

One area of Higashikuni's responsibility had remained quiet since the War had broken out with the Soviet Union. Lt. General Tokunaga's report changed that.​

apr13470200gr1.jpg

Tokunaga had been guarding Srinagar province in northern India when eleven Soviet divisions crossed the border and attacked his position. Field Marshall Voronov's troops had recently captured Hotan, which was still snow covered, and he chose to advance south.​

apr13470300gr1.jpg

Higashikuni ordered a withdrawal from the border as Japanese troops headed south towards Delhi and Lucknow. The enemy Infantry advancing from Hotan would take weeks to move forwards but the armour to the west could move a lot faster. The attack wasn't unexpected and had been possible for months. Higashikuni had plenty of territory to withdraw to if needed and he had a Tactical bomber group operating near by in Iraq which he could utilise once the Soviets advanced into India.​

1000 April 13th 1947.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Musashi, Gulf of Mannar.

The South African Naval bomber squadron that had attacked CA Division 1 in Gwatar Bay had forced the cruisers to head to Ahmadabad for repairs. Carrier Group C had moved north to cover the mouth of the Persian Gulf when they encountered an enemy fleet.​

apr13471000gr1.jpg

Admiral Nimitz had rarely been spotted anywhere and it was a small surprise to see him in command of an invasion fleet. He would lose all of his ships but the 15th Destroyer Division would sink 17 Sensuikantai before falling prey to aircraft from IJN Hiyo. IJN Ryuho sank the Lew Wallace Transport Flotilla with IJN Hiyo accounting for the John Holland Flotilla.​

1300 April 13th 1947.

The Soviet build up close to Lanzhou continued which allowed the enemy to launch another attack against Higashikuni's weaker center.​

apr13471300gr1.jpg

Chandra Bose would not be able to hold Guyuan on this occasion and would withdraw south towards Pingliang. There were substantial enemy forces mustering along North China Army's western flank which could require some air support to be diverted to the area instead of to the east.​

2300 April 13th 1947.
Naval Offices. Tokyo, Japan.

Operation Tedious had been ongoing for some time now and it would claim two more Soviet territories on April 13th.​

apr13472300gr1.jpg

Both Vladivostok and Tetyukhe changed hands again as the twin invasions came ashore in the undefended provinces. The minor counter attack against Tetyukhe would be forced backwards and Osami would await the inevitable attack on Vladivostok to remove his Cavalry.​

Phax said:
You use subs in your CAGs?

Of course not!

Submarines can't fly!

Arilou said:
Of course not!

Submarines can't fly!

Never say the word "can't". Submarines can fly if someone is able to make it happen. :D

Remble said:
apr13472300gr1.jpg

Both Vladivostok and Tetyukhe changed hands again as the twin invasions came ashore in the undefended provinces. The minor counter attack against Tetyukhe would be forced backwards and Osami would await the inevitable attack on Vladivostok to remove his Cavalry.​

Hmm...this screenshot bothers me. You have a few divisions surrounded by an unknown number of Soviets divisions. Seems like a weak position for the Japanese to be in to me.

Should have left the Carriers to do the job themselves. Losing a submarine is headly deadly, but it is slightly annoying, no? Anyway, it seems that the part of the line between the Kwantung and North China armies is no longer the problem; Higashikuni now is getting the attacks coming at him head on in sizes he cannot match. It does not look good for the North China Army...

Good update, glad to see you destryoed the NB's.

are you gonna share the intelligence about how many squadrons you might destroy in Vladivostok? Operation Tedious is probably driven Stalin crazy, he can not even think of securing their shores. In Armageddon, the AI more tends to secure its beaches.

and are you gonna send any planes to North India or you`ll wait until they enter India?

Baku is closed for now but the time will come soon that your mobile forces will race for Moscow through the Caucasus Mountains.

it is more obvious that you need more aircrafts, you can not keep up with the enemy on every border.

:mad: and you`re late for one day. you owe us. you need to make two updates in the following 3 days :rofl:

good luck

Phax - The Submarine was the one that had provided the initial reconnaisance on the Persian Gulf and was loitering in the general area and not attached to my CTF.

Arilou, Inner Circle - :D

Nathan Madien - My troops around Vladivostok have the safest possible retreat path. Their Transport ships are waiting in Vladivostok Bay where the Soviet Navy is very unliklely to disturb them :)

robou - To be honest I forgot the Sub was there but it is a little annoying that a single Destroyer Flotilla could sink it with three CV's bombing it. The western side of Higashikuni's line is not as strong as it might seem, you are correct. North China Army is in for a long Spring and Summer I think.

Maj. von Mauser - Thank you. Enemy Naval bombers have been giving me headaches for almost the entire game so I take a little extra delight in shooting them down.

Onlyhestands - True but events transpire to thwart that possibility :)

harezmi - Unknown numbers of aircraft were destroyed but not many I don't think. The update will cover your India question. I will update again on Saturday night to get back on schedule sort of ;)

TheHyphenated1 - Soviets are always stubborn just a lot more so when you don't have open terrain and 30 Armoured divisions to break them into small pieces :)

Update to follow ...