• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So do I. You already said it: The forum has a multi-quote feature. Please use it.

If that means that a post cannot be (dis)agreed upon anymore with a simple reaction so be it. You have a keyboard. Use it.

Just to be clear, I don't think I've said anything against combining messages and using the multi-quote. And I very much support the idea of using the keyboard instead of reactions, with the possible exception of replacing "me too" messages with agrees or likes.

As mentioned, this behaviour is against the CoC. If you encounter such a thing please report it so we can investigate.

How does one report a reaction? Click Report on the message that was reacted upon?

Just to be clear
No worries :)

How does one report a reaction? Click Report on the message that was reacted upon?
That's one way. Better to just report the user, however. You'll find the button on the profile page of each user:
1710756800994.png

Note that this option might not be possible if the user's profile setting are set to "private". In that case just report the post that was reacted upon, like you said.
The most important thing would be to make clear in your report that it's not about the post but the reactions of a specific user towards you.

• 1Like
Reactions:
reactions of a specific user towards you.
Some are wired such that they might get triggered from reactions towards others. Sometimes more than from reactions towards themselves.

Are you suggesting that instead of one longer post containing multiple ideas, each user should divide his ideas into multiple short posts?
I'm saying that distinctly separate ideas should be in separate posts.

If someone has twelve separate ideas then there should be twelve separate posts.

Of course, only after they've searched the forums and ruled out the possibility that any of their ideas are relevant to any existing thread. The CoC asks us to do this too. It's just under the bit you quoted:

You can search the topic you want to discuss in the “search in forums” bar (top of the forum) to make sure it wasn't already addressed recently.

Some are wired such that they might get triggered from reactions towards others. Sometimes more than from reactions towards themselves.
It's meant for situations when someone is "following" you with (negative) reactions.

Reactions:
If someone has twelve separate ideas then there should be twelve separate posts.
How about when commenting a long DD, with comments for twelve ideas presented there. Should there be twelve replies?

Is there a guideline for the multi-quote function, when is it supposed to be used and when avoided?

How about when commenting a long DD, with comments for twelve ideas presented there. Should there be twelve replies?

Is there a guideline for the multi-quote function, when is it supposed to be used and when avoided?
I'm not talking about muti-quotes. My point was to address the issue of someone posting a dozen ideas in one OP and then not knowing what's being disagreed with when they get an x.

I'm not talking about muti-quotes. My point was to address the issue of someone posting a dozen ideas in one OP and then not knowing what's being disagreed with when they get an x.
I was trying to make the point that posts that contain multiple ideas may not be the original post in the thread.