• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

Doomdark

Chief Creative Officer
Paradox Staff
61 Badges
Apr 3, 2000
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
With the release of Crusader Kings II: The Republic expansion today, there's no need to hold back and be secretive! So if anyone has any questions regarding the expansion and the patch, ask away in this thread and we will do our best to answer them during the day!

Here is the dev diary archive for the expansion:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...Kings-II-The-Republic-Developer-Diary-Archive

Here are the patch notes for 1.09:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?657220-1.09-Patch-Notes

The expansion is 9,99 USD and buy links will appear hear as soon as it goes live:
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/crusader-kings-ii-the-republic

So... Fire away!

Can heads of patrician families own any landed titles (other then palace\trade posts) when they are not doge?

Yes they can. In fact, most of them are actually scripted to hold a city or similar in 1066.

Do Muslim Costal Republics use the new republic gameplay, or is it restricted to Christians?

They use the same mechanics: your capital must be on the coast, it must be a city, and you must hold a duchy or higher title.

Have duchy republic vasalls of kingdom republics ther own 5 families? So can we play a republic vasall of a republic? For exemple the Republic of Pisa as Vasall of the Serene Republic of Genoa (Only as a exemple).

No, merchant republics cannot have merchant republics under them.

Too bad, but okay.

Another question: Can one family be in the Patriciate of two Republics? For Exemple:
Republic A has Families 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Republic B has the families 11, 12, 13, 14 and 5. So family 5 is in two Republics. Would this possible to mod without problems?

And one more:
Is there a event command to change a family in the republic? So depose Family 1 as patricians and make family 6 to a new patrician family?

No and no.

Cool, so let me get this straight.. I can play as a republic for 100 years, having my family in power at some points and then I can decide that "enough is enough, I've had it with these pompous merchants in this pompous merchant republic!" and go full feudal? Awesome!

If you like, yes. :)

Will my save games be compatible or do I need to worry about losing them?

I once landed a member of the Scottish Royal Family in order conquer a Duchy he had claim to, and I landed him with a city, which turned him into a Doge.

Were this to happen now, would he become a new family, or would the Dunkelds also have a Patrician branch?

Save games will be semi-compatible as usual. I.e. you can load them, but the balance could get upset. All republics that should be merchant republics will become so after you load an old save.

Any chance this will change sometime? Especialy the second one would be nice for the modders.

Next question:

Is there a start date with the Hanseatic League? And if yes... Which are the five families in the Hansa?

The Hanseatic League first shows up in 1227 in the historical database. The new Mongol bookmark (1241) can be a good starting point for playing them.

Their Patrician families are the von Bardewik, Vorrade, Warendorp, Lüneburg and Wittenborg dynasties.

The Hansa can also show up through events if you start playing before 1227, though then they will spawn with random Patrician families.

Could you provide more background about the 1.09 changes to bastardy/pregnancy? The patch log mentions that married women will now "cheat" on their husbands and claim that the child is not a bastard. How will it work? Will there be an event to find out later on that the child is a bastard?

Sometimes the husband will discover it, and sometimes not. Currently, there are no events for a later discovery. The child will have a stored "real father", though this is not visible without debug tooltips.

Is there more than one succession law in republics? (My apologies if this was already answered in a DD).

There are only two; "Patrician Elective" for the republic itself, and Agnatic Seniority for the Patricians.

What happens to a patrician, when members of the family live outside of the merchant republic, and some of them have their own feudal titles?

I.e. if I am a patrician, and my nephew is a count:
- Does he also get money from my budget for being related to me?
- Can he have claims on the republic, and press them?

Also what happens if a member of my patrician family becomes a muslim ruler?
I.e. I am a patrician and my nephew is a Muslim emir:
- Does our family get decadence? (And decadence revolts?)
- Would the merchant republic also be affected by decadence?
- Does he have a chance at all at managing decadence? (Most of the family would be in my republic so I think my nephew would not last long...)

Your dynasty can exist anywhere, including feudal realms, but some dynasty members are barred from inheriting. E.g. if it would make you, the Patrician, a vassal of someone other than the Doge. All adult men of your dynasty still get a cut of your income.

Muslim Patrician families get decadence as normal, and yes, this could affect the Republic itself.