• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(138510)

Second Lieutenant
1 Badges
Mar 29, 2009
www.hergesgames.com
  • Hearts of Iron III
Hello. I am polishing up a game as Cuba with C.O.R.E. and No Time Limit. I have been taking extensive notes on the conquest, and would like to share in my AAR. Welcome aboard the S.S. Pride of the Caribbean! Next Stop, Conquest!

800px-Flag_of_Cuba.svg.png

cu-map.gif
(F11 is the screenshot key, correct? If so, where are they saved? I'm not finding mine. :mad:)

January, 1936

The tropic sun beat heavily upon Miguel Gomez, as he entered the hall to meet with his top cabinet members. It was realized that tensions were rapidly rising in Europe and Asia, and that soon, all hell would break loose. With Cuba's modest army size of only 3 divisions, she was not ready for any outbreak of war. Fulgencio Batista, the Head of the Armed Forces, demanded that new divisions be created, and that technological research be commited to land warfare. Despite protest by both Rodriguez Fuentes, Head of the Naval Forces, and Domingo del Toro, Head of the Airforce, it was decided that the majority of Industrial Capacity would be commited to the army. Rapidly, 4 divisions were ordered for production.

December, 1936
Two of the Four divisions were completed by the end of the year. On December 26th, Fuentes ordered the naval force, of two destroyer flotallias, to conduct exercises off the coast, trek through the bahama region, and return back to port. A few days later, the two flotallias returned to port, battered, and their crews exhausted. Soon after, the range and effectiveness of the Navy was questioned, and a slight amount of research was directed to the Navy, although even ten years down the road, little improvements would be made.

Through the year, little occured besides the completion of two divisions, and improvement of industry in the province of Camaguey.

January - March, 1938
Industry in the province of Camaguey was once again improved, providing for more production of military units and research. In February, the economic advisors began to notice a rapid increase in rubber usage, ultimately leading to a slow dwindling.

Miguel Gomez IMMEDIATELY convened with all of his advisors to scheme a plan to put an end to the crisis. After days of debate and bickering, and one man nearly bleeding to death, the group came to a final decision: A strike must be made on the island of Hispaniola! Rapidly, large amounts of transports were ordered for production.

April - December, 1938
In April, the government decided to provide economic help to the industrial sector, which caused a slight increase in dissent, followed by rapid growth of industrial capacity. Sadly, the lack of judgement in this decision only caused a stronger decrease of rubber supplies. On November 20th, 1938, the first transport Flotallia was completed.

Again in January, the industry of Camaguey improved, which, due to more lack of judgement, caused an even stronger crisis of resources. Through March, the situation in Europe became grim. On March 7th, the United States became so fed up with the German behavior that the diplomatic envoy to Germany was recalled, and no more relations were conducted. Soon after, Poland felt intimidated by Germany, and joined the alliance which was mainly led by the United Kingdom and France. In May, our second transport flotallia was completed. On August 30th, 1939, the Germans stated that either Poland would release the province of Danzig to them, or war would be declared. War WAS declared.

Soon, the Heads of the mililtary branches met with Miguel to discuss the situation for the attack on Hispaniola. After much exchange of ideas, it was decided that the United States would be the most problematic enemy if war was declared. They decided that joining the alliance with the United Kingdom and France would be the *only* way to ensure the United States would not intervene, and if she did, that she would not get far. On September 5th, 1939, we joined the Alliance. Just one month later, we finished our final transport, and the national armed forces began mobilisation...

I only just noticed this really late!It looks cool!

Great to see another Hoi1 AAr.

I hope you continue ,cant wait to see what happens?

Ahar! Cuban Pirates:)

Dr