The Paradoxian Federation – Aurora Forum Game II, run by Rendap.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2079 Part 2:

18/5 - Cargo Group Return to Earth and the crews receive some wellearned shore leave. No new tasks are planned for the moment.
13/6 - Construction Factory recovered on Groomsbridge 34-B III.
15/6 - SCL Berlin and Captain Son of Liberty completes Survey of the Styx Black Hole. 4 new Jump Points have been located. Berlin will return to Earth for Overhaul.
18/6 - Commodore Forgiven improvers Fleet Maneuver to 180.

15/6 - SCL Berlin and Captain Son of Liberty completes Survey of the Styx Black Hole. 4 new Jump Points have been located. Berlin will return to Earth for Overhaul.
That was dangerous. I lost a scout ship to a class 4 black hole in my game.

That was dangerous. I lost a scout ship to a class 4 black hole in my game.

Wasn't that bad, but needed attention. The BH reduced speed from 12k to 10km/sec and the drop ship remained on station as well. However, the problem is that even when stationary, you use fuel which makes the situation a lot more interesting since the Heitmans are Fuelhogs! Running Flat Out they go through their 650k littres of fuel in less then 3 months.

So there was a quick refueling trip to Earth during the survey. I really think I need to get a MaryJane included in the Surveys......

And next I reach out to the councilors once more for a debate and decision.

Our Colonization of all potential colonies with cost less than 5 in Sol Sector is almost finished, as the colony ships are currently en route to Earth once again after colonizing Groomsbridge 34's 2 potential colonies. The Civilians are using their hulls to increase these colonies with both colonists and infrastructure. Additional ships are being launched as well.

So looking back at post #1384 (page 70) we have the possibilities:

Dysert Sector - I believe there remains a few spots available + what our exploration opens up from the Dysert Jump Points.
Nordkapp Sector - Nordkapp is center of our Exploration efforts at the moment and we have a Kox infestation that needs to be cleared before we move on in that system.
"West Sector" - Not many potential colonies out this way, but mining potential is good.
"North Sector" - A lot of potential colonies and good mining potential - Yet this will bring us into the Wolves sphere of influence as well as the Swarm/Kox Infestations.
Styx - We have found 4 JP in Styx and it is theoritical possible to move through. But not with the current colony ships.

No matter which way we go, I intend to design a new Colony Ship which is at least as fast as our freighters (3k kps+) and can hold at least 100k colonists each (current ship is 50k colonist and less than 2k kps)

What say the Council? Which sector should we expand into next? In the cases of the West and North Sectors, it will be likely that the sectors will be split up as we colonize our way through.

Which sectors do we already have a presence in? Dysert, and any others? Our first priority should be to consolidate our hold on those areas. After that, I say North Sector. As long as missile production is back underway, we're going to clear out those infestations anyway. The Fleet is eager to be put to work.

We have presense in Dysert and Nordkapp sectors at the moment. 2 colonies each. Populated/mining in Dysert and Populated/Outpost in Nordkapp.

Dysert Sector - I believe there remains a few spots available + what our exploration opens up from the Dysert Jump Points.
Finish colonizing

Nordkapp Sector - Nordkapp is center of our Exploration efforts at the moment and we have a Kox infestation that needs to be cleared before we move on in that system.
Root out the Kox.

North sector, I think. That sounds the most dangerous place for us to be, and this thread could use some excitement :)

The North Sector has the most opportunities, even if slightly risky. That is where I believe we should colonise next.

Ok, I'll clear the systems around Dysert First and then we'll head north..... That's the good news!

Bad News - My comp crashed yesterday and need some loving care. I hope that I can at least salvage my files, including the database, but my initial assesment is that I need to make a sacrifice to the computer gods and get either something upgraded or a new computer. I'll keep you informed.

Ok, my old computer is completely dead and only way to save it would be to invest more than the cost of a new computer. So I'm getting my new computer tomorrow.

Unfortunately, one of the things dead is the harddisk and therefore it was not possible to recover the latest database and while I do have a backup on a USB-Stick, that backup is several years old.

Add in the fact that we've been running on 5.53, then we'll see that it will be a problem getting it updated again.

Finally, Steve is currently working on a new 5.70 version where a lot of changes is coming, primarily to Sol and to the Engine design phases.

I will therefore call it a day on the Paradoxian Federation and pass on the baton to any other interested party to continue the Aurora Games here.

Should no one be interested in starting a new game, I will start a new game after 5.7 is released, but not before mid of May at the earliest. With the new computer it "might" be possible to make it a true multiplayer game for 8-10 players, but that requires some additional planning from my side, so I don't know whether it will be possible yet.

But thanks to all of you for following. It has been a blast going into space with you all! :)

Sorry to see it end, I was learning a lot from this and the one Emu did.

*applause*

Thank you for a fine AAR Rendap.

It's absolutely been a very nice AAR. And probably a lot of work to write all this. I salute you, rendap.

Sorry to see it end, I was learning a lot from this and the one Emu did.

*applause*

Thank you for a fine AAR Rendap.

Sad to see it end, it was a jolly good ride.

It's absolutely been a very nice AAR. And probably a lot of work to write all this. I salute you, rendap.

Thank you for the kind words all. Yes, it has taken a lot of time to write but I've also learned a lot from the process and will love to do it all over again when 5.7 releases and by current workloads lighten a bit again.

Next time I might try for a multiplayer campain like Diplomacy or the other forum games ongoing here at the moment. Starting with a number of players on Earth who will have to work together and compete, if it can be manageable. Maybe assign various NPC regions that can be added to the player country by diplomacy with various bonusses (population, labs, production and/or shipyards).

Yet it will probably not be for at least a month that I will be available to start working on such a campaign, so if anyone will take over, I'll just sign up as a Scout Captain to horribly die in outer space... ;)

Thanks for all the good work :)

We will prevail!