• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Beagá

Banned
74 Badges
May 27, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • For The Glory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
One pattern I´ve noticed.

Previously, in vanilla and AHD, Prussia had the fetish to go after Denmark due to the initial CB it had. This has been fixed, sure. But...

Now the new prussian fetish is allying with Netherlands on day 1 and Netherlands DOWing Belgium. Results:

1- Belgium is swallowed
2- Silly war goes back and forth between UK and Prussia for some 3-4 years dragging both countries into a hole
3- Meanwhile, Austria and France LOL.

It is an issue that should be fixed, as IMO it has relation with both the fact UK is relatively weak and NGF fails later. If sorting AI behavior is impossible, then:

1- Either rework initial diplo values so that Prussia doesn´t auto-ally
2- Create an option for random diplo values at the start of the game.

Assuming you are playing the beta...

My experience is that the Netherlands allies with Spain 50% of the time, if not Spain then with a selection of other GPs including but not limited to Prussia.

The Netherlands does generally DoW Belgium very early regardless of it's alliances. It usually gets spanked and never recovers, have only seen it win that war once in about 30 games, quite often losing it's Asian coonies in the process. In addition, Prussia gets spanked by France and Austria combined if it allies with Netherlands and takes part in that war, as France and Austria seem to ally on a regular basis.

Who you play is a big factor in this. As someone who rarely plays in Europe - I prefer uncivs - I see the behaviour as described, if I am playing in Europe or as a GP then my own alliances dictate indirectly who allies with who.

So I think that unless there is a large consensus about one particular pattern of results then it is not a great idea to jump to conclusions.

Assuming you are playing the beta...

Sure :)

Well I did some hands-off games in the first 2 years and it does depend on whom they ally. If it´s Spain they stay quiet - but if it´s Prussia or Russia, it´s 100% guaranteed DOW. Guess I was just unlucky that in all games where I wanted a strong Germany, Prussia was the one who got bogged down.

One pattern I´ve noticed.

Previously, in vanilla and AHD, Prussia had the fetish to go after Denmark due to the initial CB it had. This has been fixed, sure. But...

Now the new prussian fetish is allying with Netherlands on day 1 and Netherlands DOWing Belgium. Results:

1- Belgium is swallowed
2- Silly war goes back and forth between UK and Prussia for some 3-4 years dragging both countries into a hole
3- Meanwhile, Austria and France LOL.

It is an issue that should be fixed, as IMO it has relation with both the fact UK is relatively weak and NGF fails later. If sorting AI behavior is impossible, then:

1- Either rework initial diplo values so that Prussia doesn´t auto-ally
2- Create an option for random diplo values at the start of the game.

Well, the problem I have with the way it is now is that Prussia pretty much never goes to war with Denmark, and instead just spheres them to unite Germany. It's rather unrealistic and completely ignores the two Schleswig wars that Prussia and Austria fought against Denmark. Prussia is forced to fight France to simulate a reenactment of the Franco-Prussian war of 1870 but not for the Schleswig wars of 1848 and 1864, which by the way played as equally an important role in the formation of Germany as the Franco-Prussian war did.

I've started 5 games tonight as Venezuela (don't ask) and I've seen 3x Netherlands + Russia and 2x Netherlands + Prussia.

Great Britain won once against Russia and once Prussia refused to join the war leaving the Netherlands to get owned. That was pretty hilarious. When I am playing in Europe I almost always see Netherlands + Spain.

Anyway, I think a funnier thing is that Bolivia is apparently awesome now. In all five games they have got DOW'd by Brazil, Argentia, and Chile in three separate wars within the first month and beat all of them. Every time. LOL. What? Despite having fewer brigades than any one of those nations. I need to play one with fog of war off to see how they're doing it.

Well, I just saw the craziest thing I've ever seen in Vicky II... I have messages set to pop-up any time someone declares war. I get a popup that says "Sweden has declared War on Denmark." I think, Oh wow the Sweden AI is going to take some colonies. That's nice. Don't see that very often. Wonder what they're getting...

edn5y.jpg

I swear my computer cheats to form Germany.

If you want to complain about the AI's bizarre war behavior, how about how trigger happy it is with that Liberate Country CB?

How many games have I seen Russia attempting to liberate California?

Last edited: