• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Who is the dark blue in italy? INSANE EMPIRE BUILDING SKILLS:rofl: I just found this post and read the entire thing under an hour. I have attempted the establish the Greco-Iberian Empire and i think it would be interesting if you went for territory in Iberia since the greeks were early colonizers there.

Nice work. I initially had doubts about how far you'd get, but you've greatly surpassed all my expectations. Heh, I would've been defeated within the first 10 years. :rofl:

While the Portuguese aren't technically in California, their presence in Oregon is greatly disturbing. As the self appointed representative of Oregon, I hereby request the aid of the Victoglorious Hellenic Empire of Trebizond in throwing off the oppressors from the most heinous kingdom of Portugal-Honduras. (Still baffled about that capital move of theirs).

Can't wait to see what happens next.

νίκηδόξα!

Hail, o representative from an alternative future! His Imperial Dudeness is quite inclined to honor your request for assistance, although he is quite puzzled why you'd want your own timeline to be undone.

The Portuguese are allied with Castile though... I'm waiting for a chance to pick on them alone.

I know nike means victory, so I think I can guess what dotza means :p Thanks!

Who is the dark blue in italy? INSANE EMPIRE BUILDING SKILLS:rofl: I just found this post and read the entire thing under an hour. I have attempted the establish the Greco-Iberian Empire and i think it would be interesting if you went for territory in Iberia since the greeks were early colonizers there.

It's Aquileia and indeed I'm quite impressed by how they rolled. They keep attacking and then not annexing the Pope though, so one day they're going to be excommunicated and fubared for sure.
About Iberia, I don't know. I might if an opportunity arises :)

Update coming up!

Yay your back :)

Part XVIII - Hunting the sunrise
(1590-1600)

Well the episode title is just a poetic way of saying we're expanding and exploring eastward. We even cross the international date line! A line that's rather arbitrarily but conveniently placed in the middle of the ocean. It's just a side effect of our time system, but not one people were initially aware of. Magellan, who is a pretty cool dude, crossed it in 1522 or so. So we're behind schedule!

Then again, 1522 seems pretty early to cross the Pacific in EU3. I think it's only possible with a very high maneuver explorer. Which are hard to get except with historic rulers.

Anyway, back to business.

Here's our reputation and a list of friends
467.jpg

Note that the Syrians are still occupying the Mamluk's Arabian provinces. It annoys me to no end. They are actually still fighting Syria's war for independence that started in 1562. There has been no change of control, don't even mention fighting, since 1568. Why doesn't their stupid war end after 20 years? I don't even know who to dow to get the Arabian provinces, Syria or the Mamluks?

We get a slider move, we go Free Subjects and lose some inflation. Very effective, I like that.

468.jpg

I just love it when you can scheme a war where a single declaration nets a neat set of targets you all wanted to fight anyway, and no extra annoyances. Here's one. Majapahit has one province left on Java, Assam has two inland provinces in Bengal and Madurai is in the south of India.

469.jpg

It takes only little effort and 18 months to subdue all three.

470.jpg

In 1592 our explorers find Guam. In real history, Magellan, again, was the first European visitor. But I'm pretty sure that Trebizond is first in this game. And it's a cool stepping stone to the Americas.

Weird stones on Guam. Supposedly, they supported buildings of some kind. We don't really know.
Latte_stones_in_Hagatna.jpg

Well, cutting a long story short, we discovered it.

471.jpg

The military was pretty pleased with the easily obtained vassals (and glory) in the last series of wars against the pagans, so we decide to have some more. We won't be able to reach all of them this time, so we'll just peace out with those. Mysore is next to our expanding area of influence at the tip of India.

Note how the Timurids still hold quite a bit of Indian territory. Ming too has a presence in the area.

472.jpg

Red territories are to be defeatoshamed, green is Trebizond plus vassals.

473.jpg

That's plus two vassals in 10 months!

Some wiseguy back in the capital was really trying too hard to get promoted...
474.jpg

Still a free lvl 2 fort is pretty cool.

Our explorers in the pacific decide they want to be the very first to greet the new year! They crossed into the Western Hemisphere for the first time. Only a billion more miles to America!
475.jpg

Suddenly, the realization came that while the recent expansion in India surely went well, the ease with which we conquered somehow took the glory out of the victory. Not good!

Immediately, generals were called together and told to dust off their swords. So here we go stereo! Trebizond vs boundless Timurea again!
476.jpg

War starts on September 26, 1595. It turns out that our wider front and greater knowledge of the area helps a great deal. We can see them coming, have better mobility and less attrition.
Let's have a schematic of our advance!

477.jpg

Red lines indicate our advance over the course of 2 years.
The orange areas are the last Timurids holdouts when they surrendered, and the yellow line is their 1595 counteroffensive. Fighting was particularly fierce and awesome along that line and along the Indus river, where they just kept sending reinforcements. In the north there wasn't much opposition at all.

But no matter how you put it, the victory was decisive and very glorious. We'll have to find a solution to the tradition to instate a national holiday for every glorious victory we obtain, or else wel'll soon run out of working days.

A 5 shock general helps greatly
478.jpg

Just a few weeks before the end of the war. I like teal stripes.
479.jpg

We greatly consolidate our Persian holdings and can now attack into India overland. Great, because I think amphibious attacks are rather tedious.
480.jpg

"We have a rather bad reputation". Until 1650, we only get half BB points from any action against pagans. We'd better use that while we can, against Ming, and against the major power in India we are now bordering. I'm not sure about their name, Rajasthan I think.
481.jpg

We now have more provinces than anybody else.
482.jpg

But you can never have enough! A blitzkrieg in the Punjab adds another happy vassal.
484.jpg

It is decided to sponsor some nationalists while Timur's armies are still depleted. Most of their provinces have revolt risks about 15-18% now.
483.jpg

Rampant rebels rudely rock red ruffians, rallying revolution!
485.jpg

Arrrrr. Soon after they get what they had coming and the Timurids are FINISHED as a major power.
486.jpg

Interesting situation, isn't it?

I think I feel like declaring war on some or all of these revolters right as I restart the game, before even unpausing...

1590-1600 summary:
- Gained 11 provinces (10 from Timurids and 1 from Majapahit)
- 5 new vassals (Assam, Taungu, Punjab, Mysore and Madurai)
- Explored awesome islands in the Pacific, colonized Sumba

Pretty cool, huh?

Here's the same information in a map. Expansion this last decade is in bright cyan. Haven't mentioned it before, but some Ethiopian provinces defected to our vassal Adal.

expansion1590-1600.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure he's not in the new world yet........

Well that sucks. Still, you can take it from them. It just might not necessarily be Greek.
Unless you take it from them before it reaches 1000 population, of course. Then you can use a colonist to change it to your culture/religion. But I'm sure you already knew that, and I'm just stating the obvious.

Right, I keep forgetting about that. That's from a fairly recent (By which I mean within the last 6 months) update, yes? I haven't played for a while, and I keep forgetting that you can do that and other stuff like renaming a province after it's no longer a colony. My mistake.

Edit: I'll stop wasting space with frivolous responses now.

Wow, you have gained a good foothold in India and China is in your reach. I'm looking forward to their tries at withstanding you and the inevitable confrontation with France and Russia (afterwards?).

Hey there, semi-lurker here just popping in to give my support. Go Trebizond! To victoglory!

The Victoryglory Strikes Again :D

Ze Empire iz Ztarting Zto look like Alezander ze Greatz! :D

EDIT: Wait a sec... You got have received alot more provinces from those sucky Timurids :eek:

Last edited:
I played through three games as Trebizond but all have failed to the point where i dont want to play (surrounded by either OE, Timmys or those cursed Egyptians) but they were never at 1401 was it? Maybe ill try it again.

And i forgot to name my army as the Glorious Army. Obvious cause for my failure.