• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They shouldn't have lost much, they still posses most of the East Coast.

They have about 230IC(effective) left. That's because Canada took New York and surroundings for a short while. Now US have taken it back, but it will take some time to regenerate the IC.

They have now started to pump out infantry like mad; I have to bomb them 24/7 in order to advance. You can't see the real difficulty from the images: I can only advance if I manage to capture a nearby airport, because my cheap CAS are out of range. Luckily American planes are fighting in Europe, or else it will become a big problem!

Last edited:
The situation at October 30, 1941:

chapter6-21.png

What happened since last time? West Coast has been fully secured. Most of AG West has been redeployed to the east, while the rest are mopping up any provices with some IC to them. But what is this? US Tanks are rolling through Canada!

chapter6-22.png

Freyberg: Oh shit, Patton himself is coming to get us!

Carr: DEY BE ROLLIN', THEY HATIN' *bobs head*

Freyberg: :mellow:

Carr: ...

Freyberg: :mellow:

Carr: ...

Freyberg: :mad:

Carr: Alright, alright, I'll bomb em...

-----------------------

Savage: So, what happened to Army Grop Oz? Did they make it? Are they heroes?

Freyberg: No, Australia revoked control and they deserted to Canada...

chapter6-23.png

Savage: ARGH FRICKIN OZZIES! :mad:

Freyberg: And they would just have needed to march through empty provinces...

Savage: It seems my prejudice was justified after all :D

-----------------------

However, even Australian sabotage can't stop the Kiwi onslaught. The All Blacks (NZ Cavalry) have made a bold dash and managed to cut off USA even further east.

chapter6-24.png

Savage: USA is cut off! Very good savage! But what is this? Italy is killing our horses!!

Freyberg: NZ cavalry in USA are being bombed by Italy?? Nobody back home will believe this...

Savage: Do something, for god's sake!!

Carr: Sorry, I don't have fighter planes... only bombers...

Savage: WHAT??? Why did't you build any??

Freyberg: It was your orders, sir. For 3 years, NZ has produced nothing but bombers.

Savage: Of course if I say ONLY BOMBERS, I mean BOMBERS AND ALSO FIGHTERS TOO!! Do I have to do everything by myself??

Freyberg: :wacko:

Thus Kiwi industry turns to building fighters. They cost only 1MP, so NZ can afford it.

chapter6-25.png

But it is too late! The All Blacks are not dug in, and there are 3 bombers on top. Thus the only option is to quickly disband them before they are wiped out.

Freyberg: The All Blacks... What a sad day...

Still, troops are advancing on Chicago, which houses 20(TWENTY) IC!

chapter6-26.png

Freyberg: Holy crap, that's more than New Zealand in total!!

Savage: SILENCE!! :mad:

Freyberg: :D

-----------------------

Big problems are arising in the east, however. Freyberg is still making progress, but the main advance has been stopped.

chapter6-27.png

Freyberg: USA are concentrating... and my troops are tired from marching. I can't attack now... even worse, soon there will be frost and USA will outnumber me...

So Carr is sent to the rescue. But even his magic airplanes can't save the day this time...

Freyberg: I wonder why the idiot always attacks the smallest force in the region? He's supposed to help my troops! And even worse, his targets are dug-in garrisons! We're not making any progress at all!!

chapter6-28.png

Carr: Sorry, I took the wrong turn...

landing.jpg

Freyberg: *sigh*

----------------------

While all this is happening, Savage is performing shady deals in the background.

chapter6-29.png

Savage: Yes... more troops... if we buy them, we need only 8MP to reinforce them, as opposed to 10MP to train them ourselves.

Freyberg: Wow, not bad! But why take troops away from Canada? They are helping us against USA!

Savage: Exactly! I'm weakening Canada so US can take their land back! Right now Canada owns too much! First they will lose it, USA will take it, then we kill USA and then we get the land! Wuhaha! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Freyberg: :wacko:

Last edited:
I know, it is crazy! Since US is at war with Commonwealth, they are allied with Nazis! And because of that Italy are their friends. So Italy is sending reinforcements. While US airforce is bombing England. Haha.

Just wait what will happen when Japan declares war... and if I annex USA what will happen to their mighty fleet? It will get much weirder than this :D

P.S. note in the last picture I am buying the 6th Australian Infantry Division from Canada!

Savage: That's what they get for deserting... frickin' Ozzies!

You'll reinforce a lesser australian division with brave and courageous kiwi warriors? That's more than they deserve!

Yeah! But you could say that I'm converting them to Kiwis (and they have to stop talking silly!). You'll see later in this AAR that my only chance to win the war is with foreign manpower. How else do you think Freyberg can field 25 divisions in 1941, considering MP growth is at 0.08/day?

But MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone! I am very unlucky and underwent shoulder surgery last week. You, however, are very lucky because I don't have to work ánd can play HOI all day :D So stay tuned for updates!

December 18, 1941
It is a great day for the glorious Empire as New Zealand's first transport plane is finished!

chapter6-30.png

Carr: WHUT

Freyberg: We have transport planes?

Savage: Yes! And it looks like this:

sheeptransport.png

Freyberg: WHAT IS THIS!!

Savage: It's a transport plane! We'll make sure that our soldiers always have fresh mutton at the front! :D

Freyberg: But it costs 25 IC! And 4MP!

Savage: But mutton is important! Don't you agree Carr?

Carr: I like mutton :)

Freyberg: Didn't you say to build only bombers and now also fighters?

Savage: Of course if I say "only bombers and now also fighters", I mean "only bombers and now also fighters including a mutton cargo sheep transport plane"! Do I have to spell everything out for you??

Freyberg: :confused:

--------------------------

Mumbling a curse under his breath, Freyberg sets to work.

chapter6-31.png

The situation is looking grim for New Zealand! While Freyberg finally managed to rally enough troops in the south, suddenly in the north 6 motorized US divisions appear out of nowhere!

Freyberg: What the hell! How can they deploy so fast? Our northern flank is completely unguarded!

-------------------------------

Luckily though US forces don't arrive in time, and Kiwis manage to capture Detroit just after Christmas. The whole situation turns in NZ's favour:

Freyberg: Baha! Americans are too fat! Merry Christmas, we take the 10 IC! That's about 3 less infantry divisions every month for Americans!

chapter6-32.png

Freyberg: The city is frozen, they must cross a river in Windsor, or walk into an ambush in Cleveland. Plus we got air support from Detroit! I believe we are quite safe now!

Savage: Who would have thought, the winter is actually working to our advantage... AHEM ERM I MEAN I PLANNED IT ALL ALONG! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

Freyberg: :glare:

Last edited:
Oops, I almost forgot:

chapter6-33.png

chapter6-34.png

Savage: Yippie!

Freyberg: What is wrong with you? Now we have to fight the Japs too!

Savage: Easy Freyberg! Like this we don't have to pay dissent for declaring war! So that means we get a war for free :D

Also,
chapter6-35.png

Savage&Freyberg:
totlach.gif

Last edited:
So Germany ends up inheriting what's left of the USN?

Pictures not showing for me :(

I can guess what's happening in everything except the last.

January 5, 1942

Things are looking bad. In a surprise 3-way pincer movement, US Army uses 9 divisions to to dislodge NZ troops from frozen Columbus, thus dismantling Freyberg's trap.
chapter6-36.png

Freyberg: Crap! How come Americans suddenly have good tactics!? It was so easy until now!

Meanwhile they've deployed surprise reinforcements in the south and beat back 5 Kiwi divisions!
chapter6-37.png

Freyberg: Argh! Raleigh is too far south and it's not frozen! Americans can easily attack! Now my troops are red and I have to wait forever until I can attack again!

------------------------

January 9, 1942

Finally, AG West is deployed east and reinforces Freyberg's forces, bringing him up to 14 divisions in the south alone! Some of these divisions are NZ's own, some bought from Allies, and some are Expedition forces from Canada. Sadly, allies won't sell us any tanks ;)

chapter6-38.png

Freyberg: Fricking Canadians are sending expeditions to the middle of nowhere! But I simply redeploy them to where I want, so they have no choice but to fight :D

As a result, Americans get really scared and pulll back to the capital. Freyberg quickly rushes in and retakes the lost territory!

chapter6-39.png

Freyberg: What? Are they stupid? Attack!!!

------------------------

January 13, 1942

Suddenly Italy sweeps in and completely demolishes NZ air force!

chapter6-40.png

Carr: WHY WE HAVE NO FIGHTERS LOL :(

Freyberg (mumbling): Why does he say "LOL" when he's sad... seriously...

As a result, half of the air force is grounded and has to make repairs. Air support is very limited...

The army fares much better, and Freyberg can fully capitalize on the American's mistake.

chapter6-41.png

Freyberg: Enemy mistake + friendly reinforcements = happy Freyberg :D Our forces are equal, but up here the ground is frozen! So everything we take, we can easily keep! Let's go!!

The north is also looking slightly better, as a steady stream of reinforcements is arriving at the front line.

chapter6-42.png

Freyberg: Occupy Cleveland! With air support, we can defend the frozen plains!

-----------------

January 25, 1942

A British spyplane flying along the coast reveals the full extent of US forces. NZ is outnumbered and US still has 169 IC left!

Savage: Quick, now is your chance! Strike at Washington!!

chapter6-43.png

But Freyberg has other ideas...

Savage: Baltimore?

Freyberg: Baltimore.

Savage: Baltimore?

Freyberg: US fought well until now, but that one mistake cost them the war. Now that we are near Baltimore they might as well give up. Once we have Baltimore then it's Game Over.

Savage: Are you sure about this.

Freyberg: Completely sure.

Savage: Not Washington D.C, but Baltimore?

Freyberg: Baltimore, sir.

Savage: :huh:

Freyberg: :)

Why Baltimore? How could this win the war for NZ, when they are outnumbered and outgunned? What about the unstable northern front? Isn't Freyberg too fast in proclaiming victory?

Freyberg: See for yourselves!

Last edited:
With Baltimore captured you cut them off from supply lines to their capital I assume? If so, you're probably right.

Yeah but Washington is undefended and much more defensible and . . . Wait a moment. If you take Washington DC, their capitol would move, probably to New York right. So you are purposly encircling Washington, and not taking it in order to starve American military?

Yeah but Washington is undefended and much more defensible and . . . Wait a moment. If you take Washington DC, their capitol would move, probably to New York right. So you are purposly encircling Washington, and not taking it in order to starve American military?

That's what I had assumed. It's been a while since I've played HoI2, but I was fairly sure that's how the exploit worked. All those stacks of American divisions in New England will starve once they're cut off from the capital... Although I can't remember of HoI2 required you to cut off sea routes as well.

The enemy can send convoys as far as I can think, but does he have enough of them to support his entire army? Also while all cut off divisions get cut off malus, it's only usefull once they actualy run out of supplies since the all do carry some with them.