• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hee GaGa is it possible to use the 1.04 beta patch and install your mod over it ? or at least use some files of the 1.04 beta patch ?

Love your mod its for me the most realistic one :cool:
Haven't tried 1.04, so no guarantees. You can simply try it, but from what I have heard you will have to delete some files to make it work:
config.eu *might* cause trouble, db/misc.txt *will* do for sure. Apart from those two, the res should be compatible.

supply bug is killing germany in the middle east
an update ? 1.6 on the aod 1.4
Could you elaborate a bit on this one?
Since I don't have 1.4, I don't know of any "supply bug".

PS: It's called "Bratwurst" ("Roastsausage"). ;)

Hee GaGa i try to explain what i mean i conquered the whole middle east whit all its oil and protect it whit valuable armies but i making no profit from my conquered oil wells and still have an oil shortage ???

I concoured the middle east so that i was sure that i have the money and oil
to support the german war machine but that is not happening ?

Do not now fore sure but has it something to do with the supplybug where everybody is talking about ?
correct me if i am wrong it could also be me doing something wrong here
( stil a noob after 3 played games ; )

The russians out produce me they producing more than i can destroy and i can not replace my losses due to a serious shortage on ic (its starting to look bad at the russian front)

also the massed allied airforce is blowing me out the sky in france :rofl:

I like the game very much its looking very realistic the only thing i do not understand is the story whit the oil in the middle east the oil is not reaching germany ?

Last edited:
Hee GaGa i try to explain what i mean i conquered the whole middle east whit all its oil and protect it whit valuable armies but i making no profit from my conquered oil wells and still have an oil shortage ???

I concoured the middle east so that i was sure that i have the money and oil
to support the german war machine but that is not happening ?
The answer is simple:
First, the big oil fields in the middle east were not as heavily exploited in 1930 and 1940 as they are today, so there is oil avaiablle, but far less than today. Second, all occupied provinces that are not cores suffer a large penatly on IC, ressources and manpower to simulate resistance from it's population against hostile occupation.

If you need oil desperatly, you should build some synthetic oil plants or try to capture Baku and release Asserbaijan as a puppet, since it will get 100% ressource income from this province.

You could also post a savegame and let me have a look at your mess. ;)

i am very proud and honored that you will look into my mess

when i play a 36 campain this is my 3e one, it takes months just to reach 1940, hoop that i am not the only noob around ; )

What amazes me is that the (experimental) modding intrest is catching up whit myn addiction to the game so hopefully you can check out some of the stuff i do (wrong)

I do not understand why italy claims a country even if they have no army on it even not nearby that is bad for my supply lines so i did some owner changing

the nextworld map i tried to install went very wrong i struggled for a night to get my save game back actually it took some time before i realized i had a copy of the savegame

Anyway about the oil its not depleted had a reserve build up before the war which started in 41 , but i could not understand the oil minus
understanding it better after your explanation but I definitely doing something wrong with the reich : ))

So have a look see and hiver :eek:

Last edited:
I would like to announce that there will be no further updates on the GAGA TECH Mod until 1.4 final is released. My machine can't bear with later war slowdown, so testing most changes is not possible.

Ok just wanted to give you an update on this. seems to be a problem with steam, windows 7 and the 1.03 patch. tried it with a few friends. on vista the steam version is moddable. on 1.02 i could play all the mods myself. on windows 7 and the non steam version everything works fine too. gave that guy my steam account so he could download the steam version and then he has the same problem as i do.
Doesn´t help me ^^ but at least i now know the problem

Hee thx GaGa you look into it. and Thanks for the tips :D ... maybe ............... just maybe we can win it.
Its very thrilling at the moment !!

i am glad you will continue your work on the great techmod :) you have to work very hard to win GaGa's mod :cool:

Unlike in EU3 and HoI3, I see no option to load a mod via the game launcher. So if you want to use the modification, you will need a new exe that runs the mod. The regular AoD.exe will only allow you to play the vanilla version.

Or am I missing something?

Unlike in EU3 and HoI3, I see no option to load a mod via the game launcher. So if you want to use the modification, you will need a new exe that runs the mod. The regular AoD.exe will only allow you to play the vanilla version.

Or am I missing something?

there is some kind of Moddir for HoI2/Aod

just put the files in a folder inside the game dir and make a copy of the AoD.exe and set at the and of the path "-folder name" (without quotation marks)

CORE uses this feature.

Yes - and that's exactly what the instructions on page 1 recommend, ain't it? :D

Well, sometimes you get the impression that reading in general is considered being overrated by many... :(
:D

Version 1.2 has been released (link inside first post on page 1).

Changelog 1.2:

+ Compatibility:
- Ensured AoD 1.4 compatibility.

+ New units, techs and models:
- Added 1939 Heavy submarine model.
- Added 3 Fire Control and 3 Capital Fire Control models to electronic computer techs.

+ Balance:
- Mountaineer techs now also increase performance for all land units in hills & mountains by 2.5% per level.
- Marine techs now also increase performance for all land units in swamps and across rivers by 2.5% per level.
- AT techs now increase defensiveness and hard attack for all non-motorized units.
- TD techs now increase defensiveness, toughness and hard attack for MOT, MECH, ARM and L-ARM.
- R-ART techs now increase toughness and soft attack for all non-motorized units.
- SP-R-ART techs now increase toughness and soft attack for MOT, MECH, ARM and L-ARM.
- AA now increases air defence and air attack for all land units.
- Moved some AAA efficiency from Semi Modern and Modern techs to Early and Basic techs.
- Added some AAA efficiency to AA brigade techs.
- Removed AA speed reduction and added a small soft attack bonus.
- Rebalanced A-ARM a bit.
- Reduced AC supply consumption by 0.1.
- AC, L-ARM, A-ARM and ENG now also provide a small morale bonus.
- AC techs now also give 1% land unit ORG and 2,5% army detection chance each.
- Advanced and Semi-Modern L-ARM now give 1% land unit ORG each.
- Increased H-ARM basic softness reduction to -30% (from -20%) and reduced progression to -3% (from -5%).
- Slightly increases R-ART stats and reduced supply cost.
- Moved some submarine model stat increases to mid-war submarine techs.
- Reduced early sub model visibility.
- Assault Concentration: Added 5% morale for all land units, decreased ART bonus to 10% (from 20%), added 10% bonus to R-ART, SP-ART and SP-R-ART.
- Air-Land Combat: Will now activate Assault Helicopters (you still have to meet all requirements to research the tech).
- Assault Helicopters now grants 3% land unit ORG and MOR.

+ Tech and model years:
- Moved two Great War Artillery models from 36->18 and heavy Great War Artilery from 36->32
- Moved Radar tier II from 42->41 and Radar VII from 44->45
- Moved Semi Modern AT, TD and SP-R-ART tech to 45
- Moved SP-ART techs from 43->42, 45->44 and 47->46
- Moved air transport models from 47->45 and 51->49

+ Rebalanced research and tech difficulty:
- Techspeed changed to 175% (from 150% by patch 1.04).
- Moneycost per skillpoint reduced to 1.5 (from 1.65 by patch 1.04).

+ Surrender events changes and additions:
- Added Portugal, Nationalistic Spain and Republican Spain to surrender events.
- Most countries will now also surrender to England and Italy.
- Dissent hit for non-favored options reduced by 1%.

+ Typo fixes:
- Renamed Army-Navy Interaction to Navy-Airforce Interaction.
- Fixed incorrect tech activation for Infantry and Artillery Motorisation techs.

Last edited: