• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hm, interesting. I played as USA twice and didn't have any issues. Maybe it is related to an event or annex, like CHI surrenders to Japan and crashes the game. Any non-historic event choises by you or an AI? I know that save games can rarly become corrupted to crash certainly at a later stage (happened to me two or three times in my HoI2 career), but I want to make sure it is not related to any changes from my mod.
If you have the time try a hands-off game and see if the crash happenes in a newly started campaign.

In one of the reloads Czwchoslovakia decided to fight back when I tried to give it to Hungary and Germany, but the game crashed anyways

NAT China is almost destroyed so it could be something about that.

I don´t think it´s a corrupted save, I´ve tried 4 of them, the 2 automatic ones, one Jaunary 1939 and another in Jaunary 1938

Graphics are dependend on client, so no problem. I think that would be the best solution.

Here it goes, it´s the save that will CTD faster, thanks for the quick reply

Last edited:
Loaded it and got a CTD after one day. At the same time a intel message reported that JAP and CHI signed a white peace (plus 2 other event masseges that were covered by that box). So it is indeed related to the JAP-CHI theatre.

However, the mod did not alter any events involved here except for the US oil embargo, so I can not be sure it is "my" fault. I will try loading the save as Japan, China and maybe even with vanilla AoD and check the history for ahistoric CHI behavior.

edit: confirmt it is related to CHI surrender. Loaded as JAP and got the crash even before choosing an event option.

edit2: I resolved the issue by loading as JAP and firing event 3815 ("Fate of China") via console. Attached the fixed save game, you should be able to continue your campaign.

Last edited:
Thank you very much sir!!!

So it is a vanilla bug then, knowing you didn´t touch the CHI-JAP events?

Maybe I should post it in the bug reports forum then.

Anyway, thas is what I call a fast response, and even with an included fix!!

A pleasure. ;)

And, yes, maybe you should post this in the bug report forum.

Here is a screen of my Steam Folder as you wanted. Hope it will help somehow.
Vanilla Game works fine btw.

Attachments

• Steam Folder.jpg
    Steam Folder.jpg
    213,9 KB · Views: 64
Looks good so far.

Please post another screen of your AoD scenarios folder and one of the mod-GAGA scenario folder.

Looking at them, I have no idea what could be the problem. Try to copy/paste the AoD scenario folder inside the mod-GAGA scenario folder and see if that does the trick... :eek:o

Did you try any other mods? Maybe steam isn't that mod friendly...

Honestly, apart from that I have no idea what might cause this issue, nor do I have the slightest clue how to fix it...

A very last idea from my side: Give me a screen of your empty in-game scenario folder.

Well it doesn´t. Sending a screen isnt needed. its just the normal szenarios screen, just with no szenarios to choose. But i have been having problems with other mods too. since patch 1.03 to precise it. Wenn i install Broken Star for example, i always get a CtD wenn i start the Broken Star Szenario.before 1.03 everything worked fine.

the mobilization of infantry technology... I think i made a mistake in researching it. My infantry divisions are all reporting they are out of fuel and they have no fuel storage!

arghhh

the mobilization of infantry technology... I think i made a mistake in researching it. My infantry divisions are all reporting they are out of fuel and they have no fuel storage!
arghhh

That could very well be an issue. I thought that storages depend on actual consumption. If that is not the case (as it looks like), it would lead to the problem you describe. Can you upload a save game, please?

Sending a screen isnt needed. its just the normal szenarios screen, just with no szenarios to choose.
Well, it would help, since I could check a few things, for example the exe command line configuration.

Thank you, I will take a look at it today.

edit: Confirmed, the fix should be trivial. Thanks for the report.

Last edited: