• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

^_AC_^

Field Marshal
86 Badges
Feb 24, 2009
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • War of the Roses
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
Hello,
as the newly elected General Secretary of the Kaiserreich Mod for the Conversion to Darkest Hour, it is my pleasure to announce that the development team of the Kaiserreich Mod decided to make a conversion of their mod to Darkest Hour, to take full use of the new feature allowed by this great upcoming game.

At the same time, Flying Dutchie has been elected General Secretary of the Kaiserreich Mod for HOI2 Armageddon and will carry on the development of mod under our beloved HOI2DD:A.

Obviously, the development of these two new versions is an ambitious plan, but we decided to take full use of the opportunities offered by Darkest Hour, while maintaining a supported version for those of you who will stick to Arma.

I hope you will appreciate our decision. Feel free to ask any question. :)

Last edited:
I take it this is the last nail in the coffin of Arsenal of Democracy support? Was skeptical about buying this new HoI2 spin-off due to already owning the other one, but looks like I now have a reason. :p

Great! Hurrah for AC and Hurrah for Dutchie!

How long a process is this expected to be? Can we expect the DH version of Kaiserreich to come out soon after DH itself?

Kaiserreich is a much more interesting game than vanilla HoI2 to me, and I suspect even with DH, I'll prefer Kaiserreich significantly, so I'd like to know. I'm guessing since development of both is going on at roughly the same time, there shouldn't be a huge delay, but just checking. It could be more complex than I think.

How long a process is this expected to be? Can we expect the DH version of Kaiserreich to come out soon after DH itself?

Kaiserreich is a much more interesting game than vanilla HoI2 to me, and I suspect even with DH, I'll prefer Kaiserreich significantly, so I'd like to know. I'm guessing since development of both is going on at roughly the same time, there shouldn't be a huge delay, but just checking. It could be more complex than I think.
Our aim is indeed to have the DH version of Kaiserreich ready for the release of DH.
But let me point out that the current 1.2 version is already playable with DH (even if obviously it doesn't use the new features), so even if we will be late, you'll still be able to experience Kaiserreich for DH (with its bugfixing and performance increase). :)

At first I was like :eek:
At second I was like :confused:
But then I :D'd.

Three hurrays for AC! Three hurrays for Dutchie! Three hurrays for DH!
Thirty hurrays for Armageddon!

Long live Kaiserreich!
:cool:

Great!!!

It will be great to play it with the new map, but eh the names of the citites has to be changed on that map then so........:rofl:

No, not yet. Just USA and Europe.

But let me point out that the current 1.2 version is already playable with DH

How come? Won't the different maps (with the different numbers of provinces, that is) cause problems? Or is there a secret version of KR somewhere that is already made for that map?

How come? Won't the different maps (with the different numbers of provinces, that is) cause problems? Or is there a secret version of KR somewhere that is already made for that map?
There is no secret version of KR (we wish!). But DH is fully compatible with the Arma Mods, for example you can use the Vanilla Map with DH if you don't want to use the new map. So you could already use the current 1.2 KR map with DR. With the conversion, we are adapting KR to the new map and the new features.