The furthest I got in 1944 scenario as Germany with no exploits

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Adonnus

General
60 Badges
Apr 17, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • War of the Roses
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Pain. Pure pain.

I threw in the towel just now. No way to stop them. No speed, no IC, no manpower. Deth.

My casualties 5m. USA 2m. USSR 14m.

ScreenSave241.png

• 5Like
Reactions:
I threw in the towel just now. No way to stop them. No speed, no IC, no manpower.

Always highly interesting to see how players fare with the most difficult scenarios DH has to offer. So thanks a lot for sharing.
May I ask some questions? I am extremely curious...

This was DH full, no mod, 1944 scenario? Normal or difficult settings?
Am I reading this wrong or is it a glitch: 13412 MP??? Probably I am missing a dot there and it is 1341.2? Still quite good...
32% dissent: You started with 0%. How did it get this high?
TC load: 1957/558... this means only around 28% supply efficiency and almost quarters your combat efficiency if I am not mistaken. Besides the lack of oil probably one of the major difficulties of the scenario.

So, you managed to completly fence off the allied invasion in France, they are retrying in NL. And keeping the allies well enclosed in southern Italy. Good.
UK... is this a German invasion in Scotland or was the UK completly conquered and partly released as a puppet?

And what's this? You have full control of the Suez canal, Iran and the Baku oil fields? Remarkable. Bosporus, too?
Any chance to get all this oil ferried to Germany or is the main part of it lost at sea?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Always highly interesting to see how players fare with the most difficult scenarios DH has to offer. So thanks a lot for sharing.
May I ask some questions? I am extremely curious...

Ok, normal difficulty, no mods except DH Full, 44. I did total mobilisation which gave me 1400 manpower, will last me a year tops, but utterly destroys my TC which means my units take 1 month to move from prov to prov. Ie, I can't win.

I paradropped in Hull and then troop dumped on the beach 30 divisions which had been in Normandy previously.

I planned to fix the oil problem by getting all the oil fields in the ME and Caucasus, but as you can see it was too little too late. I ran out of manpower and the Americans also cut off my supply lines. At the height I had 100 oil produced per day, which was enough to beat the Soviets, but only if I had like 1k manpower in reserve and ok TC. Which I didn't. :/

I was counting on England to make me some more divisions, but they only made like 20 in a year and a half. The Soviets have an INSANE division production rate. I would destroy like 30-50 every few months, and then they would replace them. I lost so many men keeping that up just to hold the line.

• 2Like
Reactions:
thats very impressive, why did you decide to try this challenge?
Well, a challlenge is a challenge, I guess... without wanting to answere for Adonnus here.
Some even try and succeed (not I) with the even more difficult 1945 Endsieg scenario, eg Forlorn Hope - A Germany Endsieg AAR by Rolexovsky (although he uses a kind of exploit, but I don't want to belittle the deed because even with that it would be beyond my skill and especially... patience).

And I must say, I love DH for offering this extreme challenges. You can play for years and still...

• 1Like
Reactions: