• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter Eight: World Power Manifest
Part XXXVI: End to the Axis
10th of August, 1943 to 26th of August, 1943

While Italy, Japan and the rest of the Axis were underway preparing for an invasion of America, Hitler remembered how completely useless they had been in the past.
And Hitler had invaded countless countries quite well, he thought. Why not go for some more? The neutral countries weren't very industrial and probably useless. No. He needed countries with stronger industry. And there was only one faction he was going to get that from.

dfG1VGt.png

Japan was worried that Germany had suddenly cut off alliances with them. They worriedly sent out requests of alliances.

9r1CcXv.png

Hitler declined them. This had to happen in his mind. The world was going to be his.

After his forces were pulled out of England, replacing them with fresh infantry and garrison divisions straight off the production lines, he declared war.

yIKpbqn.png

The whole Axis, in one minute, trembled. They knew that Germany had good logistics. Good manpower. And tanks that could rip through their armies in hours.

Romania was spared from a Blitzkrieg fate as they had a wide river stopping the Germans from coming in.

PheJ2Jd.png

Hungary too was being saved only by its border rivers.

XZn58n5.png

But Germany wasn't going to invade through river provinces in those locations anyway. Hitler wasn't stupid, he knew that would be a useless assault. He just wanted to force reinforcements away from the actual invasion areas. Hungary would be invaded first, then those forces would be sent to Romania and Bulgaria. Hungary was being invaded through the north.

Finland was facing a blitzkrieg attack too. With three elite mechanised divisions.

KcTWvrj.png

The invasion of Hungary had begun, and the forces could barely stand against a single German division.

bY8273R.png

But then something came that made Hitler very angry again.

Yugoslavia had a corps worth of infantry. Where are they?

'THOSE DAMNED IDIOTS. I HAVE A MIND TO ATTACK THEM TOO. THEY HAD ONE JOB. ONE JOB. TO DEFEND OUR FLANK. ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS SIT AT THEIR CAPITAL!' Hitler screamed.
'Leader, they are our puppet, run by one of us!' a general tried to calm him.
'THEN HE IS A COWARD TO NOT ATTACK THEM DIRECTLY.' Hitler shouted.

He was going to have a big problem if Hungary would hold out for long. He had too many countries to invade - most of his armies were unable to do anything to stop the Romanians. Yugoslavia was going to fall and Romania might just be able to take a hundred thousand or so German men with them before Hitler can save them. The invasion was not going well and it had only been going on for a few days.

finally an update. bring out the fireworks :D also i know there's a bad border on Japan being declared war on. and I'll go fix that up tonight. can't be bothered at the moment.

And so we proceed to the next act. Will Yugoslavia survive thanks to German reinforcements or will they fall, only to be conquered by it...
And what of the USA, I wonder how they are doing. Are they kicking the Japs all around the Pacific or do they cower on their own continent? A massive American invasion could spice things up now:p

so sad to see the Axis crumble against their old leader

And so we proceed to the next act. Will Yugoslavia survive thanks to German reinforcements or will they fall, only to be conquered by it...
And what of the USA, I wonder how they are doing. Are they kicking the Japs all around the Pacific or do they cower on their own continent? A massive American invasion could spice things up now:p

I was hoping that, especially in either Japan or maybe England. Hm. I think I might have to give them an ally somewhere in South America, and use them to give the USA those 'please attack here things', so they actually do something.

so sad to see the Axis crumble against their old leader
It's Hitlers revenge for their combined incompetence :p

So it begins...

Could as well give them all the Americas as Allies.
I might do that, actually. I'll do it next update.

So it begins...
The beginning of the end, I think. Or the end of the beginning? One of the two :p

Part XXXVII: Finland Falls
27 of August, 1943 to 17th of September, 1943

Hitler's forces were pushing back the Italians slowly, but as more of their forces were freed in the north-east region, more forces were coming down to strike at Rome.

AGFXyBa.png

However, unluckily for Hitler, Hungary was using its rivers to good effect, slowing down the German attack while Romania completely flanked the German armies. Yugoslavia's division had retreated from their capital. He was very unpleased with this.

bF6TzST.png

The new fear of a Romanian attack on their flanks made the German divisions fight very hard, pushing all the way to the Hungarian capital itself.

uKXrWOL.png

Finland gave up the fight quickly. Hitler laughed at their weakness - three divisions beat their 200k strong army!

RGgJzGb.png

Hungary was falling.

1eBA3CX.png

With most of their supplies now in German hands, Hungary would soon be unable to stop the German forces from reaching Romania. Hitler might still have a chance. He was extremely angry with yugoslavia, of course. He was tempted to invade their country too, until he realised they'd probably take that as an invitation for tea and cake in his mountain home instead of a military-led attack on their cities.

The italian flank was failing.

WZnmnst.png

But Italy had always been stupid - they had hundreds of thousands of men in Africa and none of them had been sent to stop the German invasion.

The Germans were taking cities like Milan with not much effort.

sMoArVt.png

Hitler knew Italy would fall in days, probably. It was romania he was terrified about. And where was Bulgaria's forces? Hitler knew they had 150k men, and they were probably about to join Romania.

It's telling that he's more afraid of Romania than of Italy....

Part XXXVIII: Hungary Falls
18th of September, 1943 to 28th of September, 1943

Hungary, being in full retreat, quickly lost its territory to Hitler's panzers.

P9rr4bp.png

Which soon led to

4twJWUo.png

Now, with Hungary out of the way, Hitler was able to concentrate his forces on that annoying Romania.

It was time to take the Mediterranean into German hands. Hitler doubted that there was a single garrison in all of North Africa that Italy had kept over there.

qAaRPht.png

Two well-equipped Panzer divisions, led by excellent commanders, Hitler believed, could take over the entire northern region of the continent.

Romania was now suffering Hungary's loss - many divisions came and pushed through Romania's over-extended lines.

gFLh4Er.png

Small breakthroughs quickly became gaping holes. Romania's capital was now facing an armoured corps. Hitler was pleased.

WQqyuYI.png

However, the United States had launched a Pacific offensive, taking Iwo Jima and now presented a threat to Japanese mainland. This wasn't a big concern from Hitler, who told his generals that if the two countries destroyed each other navally, it would just be less work for him. The rapidly expanding German Navy, the Kriegsmarine, was becoming big enough to pose a challenge to the powerhouse of the US.

3jFMZsD.png

The United States quickly controlled large sectors of the Pacific.

2yth35G.png

Looks like cleanup in Europe, soon there will be nobody left to invade on this side of the world.
Has the IJN been smashed or is the AI just not interested in fighting the USN again?

are you planning to go down south the Cape City?

How is the naval build program coming along?

Well nothing happened in the time of that update of note. I'll make my next update (or the update afterwards) showing the new navy.

Looks like cleanup in Europe, soon there will be nobody left to invade on this side of the world.
Has the IJN been smashed or is the AI just not interested in fighting the USN again?
I can't access my computer to check, but to memory they're still hitting strong at the US, but the US is just spamming out ships to counter that so I imagine the IJN's soon going to fall to the US, leaving me to face the unrivalled power of the US navy superstacks.

are you planning to go down south the Cape City?
I plan to go down everywhere, eventually :p
Might as well do world domination. I'm going to need to take all of South America to beat the US anyway haha

Part XXXXIX: Romania Falls (yes I know, original title)
19th October, 1943 to 27 October, 1943

The disorganised motorised infantry quickly rushed to the capital of Romania, taking the oil fields surrounding it to the north with ease. It appeared Romania would fall before any lasting damage could be done to the rest of the German army.

Q7eBiJ4.png

The capital quickly fell, and Romania surrendered. Hitler was ecstatic.

'Finally, they are defeated!' he said in a speech to the public.

OG8mdWY.png

However, his happiness was once again shattered, upon discovering that in fact, Japan did have a small border with Germany (previously the Korean-Russian border), and they had sent some infantry to attack Germany. The only forces Hitler had in the far east were a few anti-partisan motorised single-brigade units, and they wouldn't stand up to the mighty Japanese marines.

SzFssN6.png

He quickly called another speech.

'Dear people of the Reich, we are moving armies I and III to deal with this threat.' he reassured the Germans, as the invasion had been mentioned in many newspapers the night before.

njsGZFZ.jpg

Hitler had also realised the inadequacy of garrisons to do anything. So, he ordered all French garrisons to be converted into proper, mobile infantry. The Spanish garrisons would soon also be converted.

yzH4yyz.jpg

Still, he was annoyed at this Japanese invasion of the far east. Sure, there was no way they could actually defeat Germany, but this would force valuable divisions to garrison the region from attack. Forces he could use in the upcoming invasion of the United States. He was still torn here - to invade Japan first or the US first. He hoped the US would invade France with most of their army, allowing the now sizable German navy to destroy the convoys while the lack of supply vulnerability of the German forces (France is connected to Berlin and the supply routes, after all) would create a situation where the US army could not function effectively.
He doubted the US would be stupid enough to attack Germany at all, and let them come to their own country - just like Hitler wanted the US to.

But Hitler's generals were unified in suggestion:

'Leader, you must attack the US first. They have complete superiority in the Pacific anyway, what good can you hope to achieve in Japan?' said Guderian.
'And the US is our main enemy - we would still have to garrison the far east anyway, to protect from long-range transport planes and landing craft by the US. Having to garrison Japan too? The US could easily hit Japan and give themselves a nice bit of industry, after we clean up the Japanese still left there.' Rommel noted, fearing the US could use an invasion of Japan by Germany to their advantage, forcing Hitler to divert men.
'Of course it would be nice to attack the US on two sides, but in reality we couldn't even ship enough men through the Pacific - the islands are small, the vulnerability of transport ships in the empty oceans is high, and there's no way we could get convoys through Vladivostok to any US naval base. It's just impossible.' said Dönitz, the great U-Boot commander.

So Hitler agreed to attack the US first, lightly garrisoning the far east.

If you're wondering what the point of all that was, I was just showing my planning, and pretty much everything said there is what I considered. Japan stays Japanese until the US goes German.