• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I lost battle, Western allies lost war.

Well then, we may have lost the war, but we won the banners. They shall hang in the Hall of the Mountain King at Dovre to remind us of the glorious victories of the men who marched to save Georgia. Make demands of the government at Baku, if you choose; at New Bergen your emissaries will be laughed out of the Storting. Your army is no longer in the field; your navy is best suited for target practice. Claim to have won the war all you like, that costs nothing. But if you want your banners back... come and get them.

Sorry to interrupt your thread gents. However, I am in a Great Game as well and I am playing Malacca. We are in 1738 and I had a question for KoM and Danomite about political parties for Malacca/Indonesia. Did you guys have to create those or are they in the Ricky database? I looked in the database last night and didnt see them. Just wanted to make sure I didnt miss them.

The Chinese Minister of War is able to state happily enough that Chinese troops performed valorously against our European opponents preventing them from gaining any further ground lost by our Indonesian soldiers while brave and fearless were just too poorly equipped and undersupplied to handle the burdon of handling the whole front. So much like General Pershing we had to have our army at the key point to anchor the line.

That's not in response to your peace terms, but to Georgia accepting them. I tell him we can win the thing and dictate the peace (at least with Indonesia and Japan; China, admittedly, would be a tougher nut), with experimental data to prove it. So what does he do? Turns around and accepts the loss of two big states!

Muahahaha!

Now how would it be if I am a tougher nut, how is winning vs Japan and Indonesia possible if all I have to do is reinforce them?

I reckon you'd have a hard time reinforcing the various archipelagos, containing roughly half the industry of the nations in question, unless your soldiers are really good swimmers. (There were Chinese time travellers at one point, but I assume you're not running secret breeding programs, Yngling-style, to produce Chinese/fish crossbreeds? If you are, I must admit - curses, foiled again! - that all bets are off. :D ) If necessary we could just sit about occupying them for the next fifteen years and scoop up a nice amount of extra rares when we hit HoI. Naval supremacy for the win!

Peace? Noooooo! The audience demands BLOOD!

KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL!

DEATH TO... uh ... whoever...

Seriously, someone please post naval statistics...

Naval statistics:

Code:
    | NOR | ITA | CHI | IND | NIP |
IC  |  4  |     |  1  |     |  15 |
PDN |  2  | 12  |     |  1  |     |
PC  |  2  | 10  |  5  | 20  |  13 |
CL  | 10  | 20  |     | 20  |     |
DN  |  1  |     |     |  1  |     |
CA1 |  1  |     |     |     |     |
BC1 |     |     |     |  5  |     |

Additionally, France was at one point selling a Dreadnought and 10 PCs to the highest bidder, but that won't happen now, it seems, with peace breaking out. Of course, not all ships are created equal - quite apart from the issue of being old, Japan's PCs are un-impressive even for their class, due to a lack of naval techs. And the Norwegian Dreadnought is clearly superior to the Indonesian one - KNM Ormen Lange is the biggest, baddest thing on the water.

China still intends to purchase the French navy as a stop gap measure until we can launch our own models.

Does seem evenly matched to me, or do i have no idea about VIC naval classes anymore?

I think the 5 Indonesian battlecruisers would sink the Norwegian Dreadnought within a day of combat.

Your navies are REALLY small though. Anyone willing to pay for 30 battlecruisers could dominate the seas in a few years and well into HoI.

Not to mention that you could already start construction on aircraft carriers. They will be old models in HoI, but are old models not better than no models?? You can get really good service out of them for the first few HoI years!

In Vicky you do not have to pay any IC or resources for ongoing naval construction. In HoI it will become different, there you will have to make compromises about whether you should spend IC on navy, aircraft or ground troops. Vicky requires no such thing so you really should use the opportunity to and build the ships you need in the early HoI years right here.

I think the 5 Indonesian battlecruisers would sink the Norwegian Dreadnought within a day of combat.

Your navies are REALLY small though. Anyone willing to pay for 30 battlecruisers could dominate the seas in a few years and well into HoI.

Not to mention that you could already start construction on aircraft carriers. They will be old models in HoI, but are old models not better than no models?? You can get really good service out of them for the first few HoI years!

In Vicky you do not have to pay any IC or resources for ongoing naval construction. In HoI it will become different, there you will have to make compromises about whether you should spend IC on navy, aircraft or ground troops. Vicky requires no such thing so you really should use the opportunity to and build the ships you need in the early HoI years right here.

The mod makes navies extremely expensive, and you still have to decide whether to spend maintenance on navy or army.

Story of Japanese Empire​

Here you can see Japanese Empire at it is at year 1919. Japanese is one of 3 rank nations, if strength is measured by population. China is class of it own and France, Norway, Georgia and Indonesia having big advantage over 6th place.

Japan currently first among equals. If you can consider Germany with it's 270 million aryans equal.

Ant here you can see how it is done, only 9% of working class haven't been sent to factories and those are mostly inhabitants of Manchurian region.

While one of smallest nations of earth, if measured by territory, Japanese controlled territories is far flung and offers good bases for power projection. Japanese archipelago is core territory. Of it's 6,852 islands Hokkaido, Honshu, Shikoku and Kyūshū is by far the largest ones. Here is concentrated half of Japanese population and over 61% of our industry. Loosing those territories would effectively spell doom to This country, and that's why strong navy is one of our priorities.

Sahalin, Formosa, Kamchatka, Korea and various Pacific islands is considered to be inner ring of Japanese conquests . Keeping these territories is vital to secure naval and air bases in close proximity of core territories. Of above mentioned territories one have crucial role - numerous and industrious Korean citizens have long been conquered and pacified. These territories holds exactly 15% of Japanese manpower and industry, as well as minor coal fields.

Lastly there is Manchuria and our Indian holdings. As these are most recent acquisitions Immortal Emperor takes great care to tighten his grip on those territories. Manchuria has always been disputed territory between China and Japan. In these 1,8 million square km lives 13 million people, mostly of Manchu origin. They have been accepted as a loyal citizens of Empire and causes no trouble. Nevertheless Chinese still see part of Inner Manchuria as theirs. In the beginning of 1901 part of these territories were sold to China as a sign of good will reducing Japanese territory by 3 provinces.Only 4% of our Industry is located there, but that is soon to change.

Further south and good deal to west is Japanese India. Bordering superpower of our time it was viewed as precious but vulnerable asset. It turned out that Indonesian ruler have more virtues than power. Our two nations were able to negotiate alliance allowing us to enlarge our oversea territories. These, outlined with blue, were bought from Prussians for 900 000$, and the one, outlined with yellow was promised to be handed to our control if favorable peace deal with Georgia and Western allies is possible. About 27% of our subjects live in India, though only 7% have been granted citizenship rights. Those live mostly by subcontinent West side and is considered loyal enough. On paper impressive 21% of our national product is produced here, though, in reality only 8% is being exported from Imperial ports, 11% if Governor of India is brutal enough, to be called Prince of Terror. Rest is used to appease ungrateful.

I have heard rumors, that Georgia will have to part with Socotra and Seychelles islands. If that is the case infrastructure of these islands will be built up to serve as forward bases.