The Ansbach Succession mission for Brandenburg is close to impossible

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MachopPower69

Banned
48 Badges
Feb 18, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
The mission requires you to completely own or have a subject own all of Franconia. The mission triggers when you get the event to PU Ansbach. The problem is that the state is quite big. It also has two free cities, three independent nations who has a province in the state and Thuringia owns a part of Franconia. The big problem is that you have to do it within 5 years or you get a +15 AE debuff. The rewards if it is done is amazing: 25 permanent power projection, +1 to your ruler. If you fail, you lose your lands in Franconia and don't get the rewards. And the Ansbach event is random, so if you lose your heir or Ansbach's king dies, the event won't fire. The event is also linked to the unique reward so if you do conquer the region you would get the base reward of 100 mil power and acceptance of Franconian culture.

In BudgetMonk's video on it, the people in the comments said it is buggy, like they complete the requirements but still gets a failure.

The 5 year countdown is risky and could ruin your game. Oh, and the emperor can demand you to give back land during wars. And AE is harsher in the HRE.

Yeah I completed it just fine. You don't need all of Franconia, just 6 provinces. You are not meant to touch the free cities. Getting provinces from Wurzburg, Thuringia and Mainz didn't even spawn a coalition for me.

And you are also not meant to accept the event that releases Ansbach AND conquer Franconia at the same time. In that case it becomes impossible, yes.

Yeah I completed it just fine. You don't need all of Franconia, just 6 provinces. You are not meant to touch the free cities. Getting provinces from Wurzburg, Thuringia and Mainz didn't even spawn a coalition for me.

And you are also not meant to accept the event that releases Ansbach AND conquer Franconia at the same time. In that case it becomes impossible, yes.
Yeah owning 6 provinces is not very extreme at all.

The fact that event still fires in its current form even if you complete the challenge can be frustrating.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The fact that event still fires in its current form even if you complete the challenge can be frustrating.
I haven't observed this issue. I completed the mission within 4 years, clicked the mission, and never heard about the disaster anymore.

Oh I thought you meant the disaster event, still firing even after completing the mission.

Yeah, the "abandon our claims in Franconia" event should auto-complete the challenge mission without any rewards, so nobody gets the impression it's possible to release Ansbach/Bayeuth AND reconquer them in less than 5 years with a truce in place.

Last edited: