• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

boeli

Second Lieutenant
95 Badges
May 31, 2010
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Ancient Space
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
is there a tech tree available? i usually try to get everything researched but it goes on and on and has no clear end, so is there a sort of tech tree for srcw?

I have not played Cold War too much, but I remember how on SR2020 it went on to like Dark Matter Power plants and Laser weapons, so I can only imagine how far out SRCW goes.

What's the point of some of these technologies anyway, particularly those with no direct benefit? They seem to do nothing - they're tradeable, but other than that there's seemingly no point in researching or acquiring them.

I have not played Cold War too much, but I remember how on SR2020 it went on to like Dark Matter Power plants and Laser weapons, so I can only imagine how far out SRCW goes.

Of what I have experinced, it does not go far at all... I researched everything possible for Japan before 1970 and never got any more tech... It was sort of boring and I just became rich on selling them to all communist states.

Of what I have experinced, it does not go far at all... I researched everything possible for Japan before 1970 and never got any more tech... It was sort of boring and I just became rich on selling them to all communist states.
You were likely being held back by an era tech. The techs do indeed go all the way to fusion/lasers etc. As a matter of fact.. the SR2020 techs are all still there they pretty much just added all the cold war techs prior to them.

IIRC there is something like 500+ techs all together. Although it's certainly possible to get to the end by 1970 if you're the type of player who builds lots of Research centers. Which is why some of us have insisted the need to re-balance research times for some techs.

As to the OP.. no there is no tech tree.. the fact that there is like 540 techs makes any tech tree a nightmare to create or even use. I started to create one after release and just decided it wasn't worth the time it would take to complete. Not to mention if you wanted to include things such as what techs unlock what units its even worse since there is over 4000 different units.

Last edited:
You were likely being held back by an era tech. The techs do indeed go all the way to fusion/lasers etc. As a matter of fact.. the SR2020 techs are all still there they pretty much just added all the cold war techs prior to them.

IIRC there is something like 500+ techs all together. Although it's certainly possible to get to the end by 1970 if you're the type of player who builds lots of Research centers. Which is why some of us have insisted the need to re-balance research times for some techs.

As to the OP.. no there is no tech tree.. the fact that there is like 540 techs makes any tech tree a nightmare to create or even use. I started to create one after release and just decided it wasn't worth the time it would take to complete. Not to mention if you wanted to include things such as what techs unlock what units its even worse since there is over 4000 different units.

Then it was as I thought. I build 20 research stations cause my gdp/c was 1000 more then US and my population was already huge... Everything just went my way, I even had a bigger army then the USA somehow.

... I researched everything possible for Japan before 1970...
I've seen no evidence that this is possible, certainly not with the update 3 beta. I've run a test as the US and used cheats to make money no object. I'm at Januarly 1970 and I've still got stuff to research with 18 research centres active. And that's not researching/building a single unit and I still lost my election and became a dictatorship in the early '60s.

Fistalis is correct that more work could be done to improve this, many of the SR2020 carry over techs do not have enough limitations to make them come in at a realistic rate, this is an area we hope to improve in the future.

I've seen no evidence that this is possible, certainly not with the update 3 beta. I've run a test as the US and used cheats to make money no object. I'm at Januarly 1970 and I've still got stuff to research with 18 research centres active. And that's not researching/building a single unit and I still lost my election and became a dictatorship in the early '60s.

Fistalis is correct that more work could be done to improve this, many of the SR2020 carry over techs do not have enough limitations to make them come in at a realistic rate, this is an area we hope to improve in the future.

I was on the other hand also playing on very easy difficulty if that effects it?

And I had 88% supporters to my party...

That might have affected it. Where you using the update beta? Some research times have been increased for a more realistic pace.

Nope this was during the last summer so it wasn't released back then.

Also just relised that I've researched all teches to the space. Quite early actually to be a non-USA or Soviet...?

ANd USA nor Soviet isn't even close to the second one.

The best thing to do, if I was North Korea, is to eschew nuclear weapons, not to have a manned space program, but to have a programme like the U. S. is supposed to have discontinued, where human manufactured heavenly bodies shoot down missiles, particularly ICBM missiles. I mean, it appears playing India, I can do this in 1960. North Korea can develop research and development to the degree, it appears.