• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rythin

General
44 Badges
Apr 18, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Semper Fi
  • The Showdown Effect
Hi.
Changed some Text.csv thingies.
textspoiler.jpg

that is WWI stuff :^)

maybe something like this (this is from an American POV)
Land:
Modern Era (first world nations would begin with about lvl 8 already, everyone else would be somewhere lower) - sprite should look like 80s US soldier or modern third world, second world

Future War (began with introduction of Land Warrior system in the US - '93?) - modern us soldier, some other nations as well

War Without Man (around 2022 or whenever you all think humans will play less a role in combat, ie introduction of remote piloted tanks, more planes) - the Future Warrior battle system...black body suit, looks scary

Artificial War (when human infantry are replaced with robots/remote piloted - i figure around 2100) - something similar to the freaky mech warrior looking thing some defense contractor came up with for the gulf war but never made (far as i know). it's like 8 feet tall, covered with spectra and armed with a .50 cal machine gun in one hand

EDIT: just looked up the end date of 2200 (little far, eh?) anyway, i changed some dates.

-Matt

Last edited:
TheLoneTaco,
Planes and Tanks are only few first levels. After them there are some future-tech-thingies like 'AI wars' or 'Battlestations'.

Wilhelm VI,
Oh, thank you, you're so helpful, your contribution is unlimited.

the reason i bring this up is because i don't see how you could possibly model anything too sophisticated with the eu2 engine...how could you make for orbiting satellites-o-death with only infantry/cavalry/artillery? maybe i should just wait and see what you have in mind, i guess

-Matt

we have different theories about how war will be in the future, i guess :^)

i know this probably isn't where people want to go with this mod, but wouldn't it be easily to have it end before 2200? the way globalism seems to be going i really wonder if there will be wars or even countries as we recognize them. this makes little difference as far as we're concerned (both for the mod and for the fact that we all will have been dead for at least a century), but i just wonder if shorting the time scale could be better for the mod. since unit movement will be instantaneous (or nearly so) and each religion can (and probably should) get +6 diplomats a year, the gameplay will be much faster than in the eu2 timeframe. just something to look in to.

-Matt

The war hasn't changed for fifty thousand years - the vital thing is to splatter opponent's brain all over the wall.

just in the last 50 years war has changed dramatically...not in the most broad sense, but in eu2 terms it certainly has. in 2020 (projected) the us military will start pumping out what is now called "future warriors"... among other things they have a suit of armor that renders them invisible and a silent assualt rifle strapped to their arms. a war fought with a couple hundred of them would be COMPLETELY different than another eu2 models, and that is just 16 years from now. what will war be like 32 years? 64? 200?

-Matt

And please, design some unit skins, that should be top priority. I couldn't stand playing a Modern game looking at guys with halibards. :p

Kuwait should have a Sultan/King <-- Don't know which, sorry for ressurecting this thread but was too curious and I'm completly obsessed with MDS now!! :D

PrZ