• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nov 28, 2011
I recently downlaoded this game, (Take Command 2nd Manssas), through which I purchased through Steam and it does not perform as it should. I pick a division command and it gives me a brigade command. I have had this game on my computer before, (through Steam), and it performed very well. My computer had problems and I had to wipe it clean and start over. So when I downlaoded Steam and the library of my games again this game does not perform as well as it used to. Could anyone please help me remedy this situation. I really love this game very much and would love to continue to enjoy it again. Thank you for all of your help

When I use the arrow keys it switches me to other commands of which I have no control of. Please allow me to explain further my problems. When I pick open play and pick for example the division of John Gibbon, after it has loaded and I begin play, the only control I have is the 76th Brigade in Abner Doubleday's division. When I choose to play battles for instance I will pick the first one of Jubal Early and when loaded and begin play I only have control of the 5th Viginia Stonewall brigade. I wish I knew what is going on with this game. Thank you for your resposne and I look forward to some kind of solution to this situation.

When I use the arrow keys it switches me to other commands of which I have no control of. Please allow me to explain further my problems. When I pick open play and pick for example the division of John Gibbon, after it has loaded and I begin play, the only control I have is the 76th Brigade in Abner Doubleday's division. When I choose to play battles for instance I will pick the first one of Jubal Early and when loaded and begin play I only have control of the 5th Viginia Stonewall brigade. I wish I knew what is going on with this game. Thank you for your resposne and I look forward to some kind of solution to this situation.
Hm. If i remember correctly, both Gibbon and Early are brigade commanders in TC:2M.

Try, for example, A.P.Hill`s scenario if you want to play division-level mission.

Thank you avee for your reply but unfortunately you do not understand my situation. Even when i pick a tutorial i have no control of the brigade picked. Please can anyone help me. I have even tried to unistall the game and re-download it but to no avail. Please I really enjoy this game and would like to continue to do so!!!!

avee:s explanation does imply that the scenarios you are picking will only allow you to command a very small part of the available forces, while the computer will control the remaining forces on both sides.

I'd suggest you should try playing the A.P.Hill`s scenario mentioned and see if you can command more forces there.

I looked around at the Mad Minute Games site, and it seems they still have an active forum for the game - they might be able to help you out?

-

According to this thread, for example: http://www.madminutegames.com/MadMinuteBB/viewtopic.php?t=9961

Steam has not patched the game up to the current state, so you are actually playing a non-working version.

Download the patch #3 from that thread, and see if it helps?