• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A question: as I understand, right now, if you have several fleets in the system, only one of those fleets will be able to participate in combat in any particular turn (the fleet you have selected before the batle)? I hope it is a temporary bug.

I have one teeny issue with the awesome combat charts: they are a pain to print out. Can they be made white background with black letters? (I will try do it myself if someone will tell me how!)

The weapons ones or the Guides? Ill happily make you some printer friendly versions.

A question: as I understand, right now, if you have several fleets in the system, only one of those fleets will be able to participate in combat in any particular turn (the fleet you have selected before the batle)? I hope it is a temporary bug.

As I understood that is how its meant to work. Can't say I'm happy with it either.

Quick question. Is the bonus from magnoceramic and the reflective coating automatically applied? Or do we have to tick it like in the prime?
I cant find the tick box -.-

It should have tick boxes, but they dont show at the moment. Same goes for choosing shield type, etc.

The weapons ones or the Guides? Ill happily make you some printer friendly versions.

The Guides, primarily, but I will happily take the weapons ones as well. Thanks very much for doing this--I can tell you're busy.

Hey Elouda, love your work, but before you kill yourself on all the weapons we've got a way to automatically load the data into our wiki. Thanks to Evil4Zerggin You can reference all the information by any of the weapon pages in this table: http://sots2.rorschach.net/Weapons. Since it's automated E4Z just has to rerun his script if any of the weapon data gets updated by the devs.

Thanks for the heads up. Might just leave out the details then, and just do the grids, since those need visual representation.

I'd suggest you include details on if the power, crew and supply use is per bank or per gun/mount. Details on muzzle velocities and armour penetration capability is also important to know, as is firing duration for beams.

I meant the exact same armor damage system . . Beams eat a hole, other weapons do more cratering, some penetrate then explode, all recorded on a armor matrix for that side. not that I am complaining doing that on paper was a pain! :p

Yep. The old Crimson Skies and even older Renegade Legion both used this type of damage-templates for different weapons and ammo-types.

Heya

Ah, just a note Elouda that the work does include visual representations of the grids.
http://sots2.rorschach.net/AP_Heavy_Driver

Work on the per bank / mount requirements et al will progress as soon as I stop breaking E4Z's bot...

Ah, alright then. Guess that makes my weapon chart obsolete. Ill focus on the other stuff. Thanks for the heads up.

Is it possible not to use red on green on these damage grids? I (and many others) am colorblind and I can hardly see the difference in the grids on the rorschach.net wiki. I've got the same problem in game too... :(

Black on white would be perfect but almost every other color combinations would work too...

Heya

I'll see about including a link in each template that will switch the colours to something more stark, likely black for the Armor and White for the newly formed hole...

Given my workload today, it may not happen until sometime in the weekend.

Heya

I'll see about including a link in each template that will switch the colours to something more stark, likely black for the Armor and White for the newly formed hole...

Thanks! And I'm not in a hurry so take your time :)

Heya

You might want to read this and incorporate the information for beam weapons when you have the time. I noticed duration seems to be missing from the weapons pages by the way.

A couple of dead basic questions for you all:

1) When the tactical combat screen opens showing only the sun in extremely close up, how do you pull back so you can see your fleet? The usual mouse moves aren't working for me here.

2) What's the best way to find your enemy quickly? This flying around looking for something to shoot is getting old. Besides, I thought sensors came standard on FTL ships.

Any help will be appreciated by this tactical combat newb.

Last edited: