• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As well for engineers.
For police we could do different models for certain countries (military police for USA, Feldgendarmerie for GEr or something like that). Anyway, it's up to you.
Just tell me when you want to move to unitnames. Then someone else will go on the work on models.

Well,for the engineers/police I already gave them german names,I pm the file to you after I'm done with models 11.1-11.9/7.0-7.4 and 8.0-8.3,if it's fine with you.

Ok,this is for discussion,tell me what you think before I type it into the file:

SP Art
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_0;no idea
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_1;StuG III/L24
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_2;StuG III/L43 &Wespe
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_3;StuG III/L48 &Hummel
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_4;StuG III/(Stuk)L48 &Grille
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_5;StuG III/Le.F.H.18 &StuPz IV(Brummbär)
BRIG-MODEL_GER_2_6;no idea

Stat AA
BRIG_MODEL_GER_11_1;2-cm-FlaK30 &8,8-cm-FlaK18/36
BRIG_MODEL_GER_11_2;2-cm-Flakvierling38 &8,8-cm-FlaK36/38
BRIG_MODEL_GER_11_3;3,7-cm-FlaK43 &10,5-cm-FlaK38/39
BRIG_MODEL_GER-11-4;3,7-cm-Flakzwilling43 &12,8-cm-FlaK40

Mob AA
BRIG_MODEL_GER_11_6;Sd.Kfz10/4/5 &Sd.Kfz8
BRIG_MODEL_GER_11_7;Sd.Kfz6/1/2 &Sd.Kfz7/1/2
BRIG_MODEL_GER_11_8;Sd.Kfz251 &Pz IV(Möbelwagen)
BRIG_MODEL_GER_11_9;no idea

Hvy Mot
BRIG_MODEL_GER_9_0;Sd.Kfz250
BRIG_MODEL_GER_9_1;Sd.Kfz250 &Sd.Kfz251
BRIG_MODEL_GER_9_2;Sd.Kfz251
BRIG_MODEL_GER_9_3;MTW(Kätzchen)

Pol
BRIG_MODEL_GER_12_0;Feldpolizei-Bataillon
BRIG_MODEL_GER_12_1;Feldpolizei-Bataillon(mot)
BRIG_MODEL_GER_12_2;Feldpolizei-Bataillon(gep)

Eng
BRIG_MODEL_GER_13_0;Festungspionier-Bataillon
BRIG_MODEL_GER_13_1;Pionier-Bataillon
BRIG_MODEL_GER_13_2;Pionier-Bataillon(mot)
BRIG_MODEL_GER_13_3;Pionier-Bataillon(gep)

comments welcome

I thought for the forum this would be fine thatway,if there would be no changes,I'd going to type it in wright format in the models-file!?

Frank+Frei said:
Ok,this is for discussion,tell me what you think before I type it into the file:

SP Art
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_0;no idea
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_1;StuG III/L24
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_2;StuG III/L43 &Wespe
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_3;StuG III/L48 &Hummel
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_4;StuG III/(Stuk)L48 &Grille
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_5;StuG III/Le.F.H.18 &StuPz IV(Brummbär)
BRIG-MODEL_GER_2_6;no idea

Stat AA
BRIG_MODEL_GER_11_1;2-cm-FlaK30 &8,8-cm-FlaK18/36
BRIG_MODEL_GER_11_2;2-cm-Flakvierling38 &8,8-cm-FlaK36/38
BRIG_MODEL_GER_11_3;3,7-cm-FlaK43 &10,5-cm-FlaK38/39
BRIG_MODEL_GER-11-4;3,7-cm-Flakzwilling43 &12,8-cm-FlaK40

Mob AA
BRIG_MODEL_GER_11_6;Sd.Kfz10/4/5 &Sd.Kfz8
BRIG_MODEL_GER_11_7;Sd.Kfz6/1/2 &Sd.Kfz7/1/2
BRIG_MODEL_GER_11_8;Sd.Kfz251 &Pz IV(Möbelwagen)
BRIG_MODEL_GER_11_9;no idea

Hvy Mot
BRIG_MODEL_GER_9_0;Sd.Kfz250
BRIG_MODEL_GER_9_1;Sd.Kfz250 &Sd.Kfz251
BRIG_MODEL_GER_9_2;Sd.Kfz251
BRIG_MODEL_GER_9_3;MTW(Kätzchen)

Pol
BRIG_MODEL_GER_12_0;Feldpolizei-Bataillon
BRIG_MODEL_GER_12_1;Feldpolizei-Bataillon(mot)
BRIG_MODEL_GER_12_2;Feldpolizei-Bataillon(gep)

Eng
BRIG_MODEL_GER_13_0;Festungspionier-Bataillon
BRIG_MODEL_GER_13_1;Pionier-Bataillon
BRIG_MODEL_GER_13_2;Pionier-Bataillon(mot)
BRIG_MODEL_GER_13_3;Pionier-Bataillon(gep)

comments welcome

i think it's very good, but instead of bataillon it should stand batallion.

To Graziani:sorry but thats the way it's spelled in german!

Now for the rest:

Light mot
BRIG_MODEL_GER_4_0;Infanterie-Bataillon(mot)
BRIG_MODEL_GER_4_1;Infanterie-Bataillon(mot)
BRIG_MODEL_GER_4_2;Infanterie-Bataillon(mot)
BRIG_MODEL_GER_4_3;Infanterie-Bataillon(mot)

Light Tanks
BRIG_MODEL_GER_7_0;Pz I
BRIG_MODEL_GER_7_1;Pz II
BRIG_MODEL_GER_7_2;Pz 38(t)
BRIG_MODEL_GER_7_3;Pz II Luchs

Hvy Tanks
BRIG_MODEL_GER_8_0;Pz IV
BRIG_MODEL_GER_8_1;Pz VI Tiger I
BRIG_MODEL_GER_8_2;Tiger II (Königstiger)
BRIG_MODEL_GER_8_3;Maus

any comments?

Ah, I didn't know it was allowed to represent different types of unit in the same model, that of course changes things. :)

Some suggestions on Germany: For the '47 FlaK, how about the 5-cm version they were planning? Germany could "use" some solid, medium calibre AA.
For '47 SPAA, how about the Kugelblitz and the FlaK-Panther (I'll try to find some details on that one)? Also: how about the Flakpanzer 38(t) for the mid-war model?

Anyway, one question springs to mind: should Assault Guns really be lumped in with the SPA? They should be somewhere after all, but I for one would prefer for them to have their own attachment. Anyway I have the following suggestions for "pure" SPA, ie no StuG/sIG:

BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_0;
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_1;
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_2;Sd.Kfz. 165/1
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_3;Wespe
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_4;Hummel
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_5;Heuschrecke 10
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_6;Grille 15
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_7;Grille 17

It feels a bit odd to have SPA units for as early as '36... Perhaps those slots could be used for a separate Assault Gun attachment instead? ;)

If not...

BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_0;Pz.Sfl.III
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_1;StuG A
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_2;Sturmpanzer I Bison
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_3;StuIG 33
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_4;StuH 42 / Grille 38 (t)
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_5;Sturmpanzer IV
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_6;Sturmtiger
BRIG_MODEL_GER_2_7;Grille 42

If Assault Guns do not get their own attachment, I think later model StuGs (long barrelled, F8+) should be covered by the Tank Destroyer attachment instead.

Last edited:
Ok,
Heuschrecke 10-only 3pcs were delivered
Grille 15+17 -just projects,only a handful were in testphases
PzIV Kugelblitz -only 5pcs produced,but could be included,as war ended until production really started

As for the StG's:
They have been invented especially for SP-Art purposes,came to front in 1940,and have been THE german SP-Art par excellance,until there was a need to use them as TD aswell(T-34 in russia).After that point they've been used for both,and germany started to compensate this lack of purely used SP-Art with Wespe/Hummel/Grille(which btw has nothing in common with Grille 15,17or42).
So I would tend to leave it like it is,but will like to take BRIG_MODEL_GER_11_9;Pz IV(Kugelblitz) in

I wouldn't call the close support StuGs "artillery" (well, "close support artillery"), but within the confines of HoI I suppose it makes no difference. I've never heard of any design connection between the StuG and the Wespe - one being a close-support vehicle for infantry assaults (hence the name), with a low profile and heavy armour and a tank gun, while the Wespe was open, poorly armoured and equipped with an artillery howitzer...? They certainly could not replace each other on a one to one basis - they didn't even serve in the same units (Sturmartillerie vs. Pz. Artillerie).

As for the Grille 15/17, Heusch etc., obviously they were only projects, what of it? If you're OK with Maus/Kugelblitz, why not Grilles? All German late-war models will obviously have to be more or less "fantasty" stuff if we want to stay close to the years in question. The StuH 42 and Sturmpanzer IV are from 42/43, after all... not 45.

@anti-strunt
1)Well,even if there's no design-connection,and they did serve in different units,both are self-propelled+both are artillery,and both were used by OKW+Hitler for this reason-it's a fact,not my idea!
2)If this is trying to get a historical mod,then we should get historical and real produced models in there and not projects(even if some of us like them more then the real used models).
If you like Heuschrecke/Grille more then StuGIII-fine,but 20pcs produced from them opposite of 1200 produced of StuGIII at the same time-guess what's more historical to be in the models-tag to represent?
3)When we come to '45+,then we could do projects in,'cause we don't know what developments would have been produced,if war took longer, That's why I'd liked to have Kugelblitz in(and the fact that its production already started).
greets F+F