• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I notice Ireland joined the Allies. The Republic had a fairly (though not completely) strict constitutional policy of neutrality at the time, I hope Paradox will take that into account with the next patch.

@Txini
Civil War was quick and without surprises.

@Nikolai
Italy got f*cked, no other way to say that. They basically conquered France on their own and got sh*t.

@Pass
Yeah... even Himmler bitched about Ireland being bound by the catholic church and therefore useless. He had previously hoped to get them to join the war against Britain.

-------------------------

October

Two major incidents:

switzerlandseptember1940.jpg

Australia and Sweden annexed Finland, with the Aussies getting 2/3 of the pie. Foreign minister Johan Andersson is being blamed for the deal. He supposedly was distracted by the ugly Aussie accent and a cherry-cream cake...

switzerlandoctober1940.jpg

Well... Sealion, pretty much. In October 1940... Don't wanna sound like a party pooper, but the channel crossing later than September was considered impossible.

That's it for today. I will stop playing for now. Expect updates tomorrow afternoon.

I know, lol. MOAR! MOAR! MOAR!!!!

Brilliant! Go the Aussies! Might be a touch difficult for them to defend considering mainland Australia is about 10000km away from Finland. This just shows us that Johan and the Paradox team love Australia and that the Swedes and Aussies should always be united and allied.

... I hope you were doing a terrible job at being patriotic... lol

Brief update:

December

London fell in mid October, Brits recaptured it in November. One month of siege. In December the last German troops on English soil destroyed.
Only the Channel Islands still under German occupation. Could be important for future invasions from either side.

New Zealand joined the Allies.
Aussies getting merced by Rebels in Finland, dawn of the age of pirates?

Edit: Bigger update

January

Second sealion!!!
Germany now desperately trying to kick Britain out of the war with brute force. The Channel Island proved to be a vital asset.
This time the landing is not in Dover, but on the south-west coast of Plymouth, completely catching the defenders off guard. Germany quickly captures four provinces.

switzerlandjanuary1941.jpg

If second sealion succeeds, the war could be over soon. If it fails though, Germany will have lost a good amount of their army and could be doomed.
However it goes, the war will soon reach a keypoint.

Last edited:
März

Bolivia joins the Allies. Italy captures Malta and holds a few provinces in NA.

British counter-offensive all but destroys the German beachhead around Plymouth. Wehrmacht holds on to one provinces, but will soon be destroyed for lack of supplies.
Then out of nowhere the real invasion begins... you know like D-Day. I don't know about you guys, but I'm still waiting for the real thing. Normandy was just a distraction and soon I shall be proven right.

Germany lands in Dover again, with the bulk of the home guard probably near Plymouth. Wehrmacht blitzes through south-eastern England, capturing London and Cambridge. Now deeper on English soil than ever.

switzerlandmrz1941.jpg

Yeah, but on his game he have..

Yes, but he was clever enough to cover it. Anyway, if you want it you have to mod it yourself, or ask someone to do it for you. But you are not allowed to show it on this forum. Google is your friend in this case if you understand what i mean.

May

German beachhead near Plymouth got relieved by yet another landing in Plymouth. Then everything goes very fast. German pincer movement from Plymouth and Cambridge closes the gap and traps several provinces in southern England.

switzerlandmai1941.jpg

Switzerland aligns closer to the Axis, 118 points away (50 necessary).

Okay, f*ck it! I'm a little bit pissed right now.

Saved the game in August 1941 because the a.i. seemed to get too passive. So I thought I'd try the old reload trick (HoI2) to refresh the a.i.
Game crashes once I select the save game. Tried it twice more, then the last autosave (July) -> crash again.
My last two save games are corrupt. I could reload the autosave from January 1941, but I don't really want to.

I came close to joining the Axis, I was 92 points away (50 needed).
Stalemate in England. Axis a lot closer to victory than Allies.

That makes it so bad that the save games are corrupt.

That is a damned shame.

Note to all readers - Swastikas are banned in this forum as per forum rules, and any discussion thereof is liable to result in infractions being handed out. You have been warned

That sucks hard...

At least this short lived AAR showed the greatness of the AI. Germany completed Sealion! And lot's of randomness, so this isn't going to happen every time, meaning the Axis can win, and the Allies can win with just Ai help.