• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jordarkelf

01_TITLE_STRING
164 Badges
Jul 13, 2005
erbkaiser.nl
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Galactic Assault
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Legio
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Ancient Space
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
Compatible with AGOT version 1.9.1

Last update: 2019-06-23
-------------

Features

This mod will turn the Valyrian lands into ruins that you can colonize. It splits up the land in two kingdoms and several provinces, most of which can be colonized. The terrain of Valyria has also been made green, using the pre-doom terrain as a base.

The kingdom of Valyria is an island nation: there is no land route to Essos. The Lands of the Long Summer are still connected to Essos but unpathable as they are in the main mod: there is a block below the Howling Bogs and Melior March.

Special events:
  • the Smoking Sea effects (silly events) now also apply to the two straits surrounding Valyria
  • you have a small chance to find a Dragon Egg
  • you may get greyscale
  • you may find old treasures
  • you may encounter a Firewyrm
  • More coming
-------------

Differences from the old version:
  • Far fewer provinces: the old version had 43 provinces, this one has 20
  • Added some holding slots to provinces (based on removed province names)
  • Revised duchy setup
  • No more unusable provinces in the sea, except for one island
  • Blocked some sea traffic through the straits
  • Mantarys effect was removed, I will replace this in the future with something more lore consistent

-------------

Download

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/el5zv7p5wh7jalf/AGOT Colonizable Valyria Revised.zip?dl=0

Click on the DOWNLOAD button on the top right to download, then unzip in your Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod

-------------

Images

Album: https://imgur.com/a/TWryYaf

w45HGVV.jpg

GgDUgTL.jpg

-------------

Compatibility:

Not compatible with any other mod that changes the map or landed titles. IS compatible with Century of Blood!
The map has not changed from the old version except for the provinces, so any terrain etc. mod that was already compatible will still be.

Holdings+ compatible version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/intgva89pdxgi8j/AGOT Colonizable Valyria Revised - Holdings+.zip?dl=0
Enable both Holdings+ and this variant of the mod.

All credit to the AGOT team for the official sub mods, especially the Valyrian Freehold.

Last edited:
Hey, I started as Aegon the Conqueror with your submod, and a few (like 2 or 3) provinces in Valyria are inhabited, and not ruins. Is it canon or a mod conflict on my side ?

You probably downloaded it directly after I posted here, I had accidentally misnumbered a few characters. It's fixed by now (and has some other changes/additions). Unfortunately you'll need to start a new game to get the history changes.

Very small suggestion: since ruins generate courtiers, maybe you could make them Essosi Valyrian instead of High Valyrian, so that there isn't an abundance of High Valyrian nobodies roaming the world ? And maybe create a decision to set the culture of the county to High Valyrian again when the colony is complete if you are HV yourself ? :)

I have a......complain about this mod. Not that it is bad, in fact I like the idea of colonizing the ruins of Valyria, it is in fact the sole thing that makes me continue to play CK2 AGOT, but I realized that even when I only have the basic AGOT mod as well as the More bloodlines submod.....or even with any compatible mod at a time there are provinces that DOES NOT appear on the map, like the in North, there are many counties in many high lordships that are not there (Ex: Burley Vale and such) which cause a lot of noble houses to go homeless and it bugs me off because I feel like it take a big part of the game and just throw it away like trash, if I may just propose a 'Review' of the mod and maybe doing a map like the one it the Dragon of the East mod then it would become perfect (without the mechanics of course).

(I am no modder so I can't do anything BTW)

I know that this thread is pretty much dead and that there is a very unlikely chance that someone see this post one day, but I, and I am sure many others as well, hope that it could be fixed.......even with the upcoming arrival of AGOT on CKIII I believe that its predecessor, CKII, should still be taken care of.

My respect to all modders who did an excellent job throughout the years on Paradox's games.

• 2Like
Reactions: