• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You mean why, in the old system the revolts were much stronger? Because they were all independent and have full 100% of their levy. I thinks this makes more sense than having a temporary title and not get 100% levies of your co- rebels. A lot of time you even see the revolt leader trying to revoke a county and then when the revolt ends the count or duke has become independent. Plus you can't do a lot when having a temporary title, like marriage or kill them in jail...

Moreoever each rebel vassal can drag their allies in, which make the faction war a serious matter in the past.

But that means is country A has 100 counties and 50% of them revolt, that revolt will have far more troops than the liege they're fighting despite being nominally equal. That makes no sense.

Why? The liege still has vassals and those vassals have wills of their own. The laws state they have to give x% of their troops so they do that. When your vassals have a high opinion of their liege they also give more troops. Anyway even with the roi faction system, if your realm is big and half the realm revolts you're still up for a challenge.

Yes. Because with the RoI faction system, you and the revolt have an equal amount of troops. If you use levies and they use a nomad/tribal style alliance system, they get a bigger army for no conceivable reason. I'm not sure what part of this is unclear.

Yes. Because with the RoI faction system, you and the revolt have an equal amount of troops. If you use levies and they use a nomad/tribal style alliance system, they get a bigger army for no conceivable reason. I'm not sure what part of this is unclear.
I didn't knew that you meant that. Well tribal armies are big but they mostly are LI wich with the recent patch have become useless. I haven't had a feudal vs nomad revolt so I can't say what will happen.

I didn't knew that you meant that. Well tribal armies are big but they mostly are LI wich with the recent patch have become useless. I haven't had a feudal vs nomad revolt so I can't say what will happen.

I didn't mean that. I have no idea where you're getting that from. Under the feudal system, you get a percentage of your vassals levies. That is also the system a revolt uses, which makes sense. What doesn't make sense is the claims that instead of that revolts should all be allies and therefore have each revolter bring 100% of their troops, which would mean an equivalent size revolt brought far more troops than their liege would have.

I didn't mean that. I have no idea where you're getting that from. Under the feudal system, you get a percentage of your vassals levies. That is also the system a revolt uses, which makes sense. What doesn't make sense is the claims that instead of that revolts should all be allies and therefore have each revolter bring 100% of their troops, which would mean an equivalent size revolt brought far more troops than their liege would have.

I don't know if you played before roi but pre- roi revolts meant that every king, duke, and count who joined the faction would become independent when the revolt fired. They would all have a war with their old liege for example: To lower crown authority. What sometimes happend was that an outside force was called in by some small count or that an outside force would press their claim on a small independent count and none of the co- revolters would come to their aid.

The pre- roi revolts where dangerous because they had a lot more troops and could call outside forces. Wich is something ck 2 needs to break up big blobs and make the game harder late game.

Reactions:
... The pre- roi revolts where dangerous because they had a lot more troops and could call outside forces. Wich is something ck 2 needs to break up big blobs and make the game harder late game.

No. These revolters were much easier to manipulate and exploit. They were a joke; any revision back to this would only serve to make CK2 even easier. How anyone thought these were harder, idk.

No. These revolters were much easier to manipulate and exploit. They were a joke; any revision back to this would only serve to make CK2 even easier. How anyone thought these were harder, idk.

Well they had more troops and could call old vassals of the old liege and had the carrion for the vultures event wich was godly for the revolters. Making the revolt bigger. Anyway the roi revolts are the most easy revolts I've seen mostly because they resort to revoking their own vassal counties and loosing all their troops

Reactions:

Not sure if we are playing the same game.
In the pre ROI version i always need to keep my vassals extremely happy to prevent them to join faction. You need to keep the big vassals have around 80 opinion to keep your ass safe.
Now In the current faction system, i never give a fuck to any faction formed because they can never threaten my throne. The opinion of the vassal will only affect my levy size that use to declare war on other state. I always have "raised levies" at about -50 level and still very safe.
I really dont see the current version is harder than the old one.

Reactions: