Stellaris - Overtuned: Edict: Damn the Consequences

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ShalkDragon

Recruit
17 Badges
Apr 28, 2024
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
Description
Overtuned: Edict: Damn the Consequences

Game Version
Eridanus v3.11.3(f537)

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
Plantoids, Humanoids, Synthetic Dawn, Utopia, Leviathans Story Pack, Apocalypse, Megacorp, Distant Stars, Ancient Relics, Lithoids, Federations, Necroids, Nemesis, Aquatics, Overlord, Toxoids

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Damn the Consequences:
I noticed this issue playing with the Overtuned origin for the last couple months where when I selected the edict, my base unity would go down dramatically. I began to focus on a harmony tradition path to get the bonus leader lifespan and edict unity limit assuming something about the increased upkeep was causing me to go over my edict unity capacity. After considering other playthroughs with other origins and how edicts only ever cost unity specific to the edict until you supersede your max edict unity and not reading anything in the Overtune description that specifies it also penalizes your base unity, I decided its time for a bug report. This happens in every game regardless of species, government, how long I wait before engaging the edict, how few planets I have, how many traditions I have, how much unity production I have both specific to edicts and in general. I did not note whether or not superseding my edict unity cost my base unity both the base edict unity amount and the amount over the max edict unity as I have been focused on seeing if there was a way to eliminate this effect.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Simply start an Overtuned origin species and turn on Damn the Consequences edict. I have currently tested this with a corporate xenophilic government of lithoids and necroids, dictatorial fanatical purifiers both lithoid and molluscoid, hive minds both lithoid and plantoid both devouring swarm and generic, and just a classic democratic xenophile militarist faction. I have kept my galaxy builder settings constant in every playthrough as well. In every instance no matter how much I increase my edict unity or how long I wait before starting the edict, it will always cost me both edict unity and generic unity of the same amount. The specific set up being shared is a Molluscoid species dictatorial militarist fanatic purifiers-anglers with Overtuned origin and harmony tradition maxed.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Shows edict unity is more than sufficient.jpg
    Shows edict unity is more than sufficient.jpg
    372,3 KB · Views: 0
  • Shows edicts are costing unity.jpg
    Shows edicts are costing unity.jpg
    373,7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0