Confirmed Stellaris - [3.12.2-open beta][d9d4] AI does not build buildings/districts or builds only few of them

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

rubert

Colonel
73 Badges
Dec 31, 2010
Description
[3.12.2-open beta][d9d4] AI does not build buildings/districts or builds only few of them

Game Version

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
AI does not build builds or districts. Occasional city district or commercial zone is built, but very few of them.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
1. Start the game using random empire.
2. Switch to observe mode.
3. Wait until game has progressed couple decades.
4. Check status of AI empires.

"Ugarlak Destroyers" built least one commercial zone to their capital. Other empires I checked didn't build anything as far I could see - other than some city districts.

Reloaded the same save game in 3.12.1 and all AI empires started building immediately. Saves attached, both the 3.12.2 save and same save loaded in 3.12.1 and progressed further.

Probably related to https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-beta-d9d4-ai-does-not-build-science.1675587/

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• AI building stuff 3.12.1.sav
    3,7 MB · Views: 0
  • AI not building 3.12.2.sav
    3,4 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.12.1 AI building.png
    3.12.1 AI building.png
    1,7 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.12.2 AI not buildin.png
    3.12.2 AI not buildin.png
    1,8 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
I can confirm this situation as well, AI only build some Strongholds, nothing else.

Anyway, I saw a mod before said it disabled the AI build strongholds on death planet, it claims that is the reasons freeze AI from doing anything but keep building strongholds.

I found the mod mentioned this:
-AI won't build fortresses in endangered planets (routine causes AI to get sometimes stuck in this and not build anything at all in their empire until the fortress demand is gone)

Hope it provides clues.

Last edited:
I came here to report an even bigger problem that people face when releasing vassals *after* becoming virtual.

The game is even more broken then, as the new virtual vassal is totally borked.

gonna cross post this elsewhere.

Reactions:
This also leads to subjects being completely useless, seeing as they do literally nothing. Most often, they will fall apart into feuding states, as they aren't able to maintain pop happiness and their empire falls apart. My current game is a constant battle to put out forest fires of my subjects breaking into a billion smaller empires.

Reactions:
I played about 10 hours of multiplayer yesterday, after the patch, and the issue persists. This is not fixed for 3.12.2.

The issue reported in this thread (AI not building anything - not related to vassals or multiplayer at all) was not present in 3.12.1. It was only present in the beta version of 3.12.2 and was fixed before the final release of 3.12.2. I confirmed this just now in observation game. If you have some other issue and want attention to it I suggest making it's own report rather than posting in thread for an issue which has already been fixed.