Stellaris - [3.11.3] [f537] Fallen Empire Ship Design names Mismatch, Materialists don't get Custom Colony ship added as Construction option

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Duxatious

Recruit
Apr 22, 2024
Description
Fallen Empire Ship Design names Mismatch, Materialists don't get Custom Colony ship added as Construction option

Game Version

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?

Do you have mods enabled?

No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
In 00_fallen_empire.txt line 53: it gives the Materialist Fallen Empire "Name_Seeker", which is an event ship used in anomalies, not a fallen empire colony ship. The colony ship which should be listed for materialist FEs is "NAME_Archivist".
Ultimately this is inconsequential as all FEs generate a colony ship design anyway, but I just spotted it and thought I'd mention it.
They also generate their own random construction ship design, so every fallen empire gets two colony ship designs and two construction ships, bar the Materialists who only get one randomly generated colony ship design.

Also in fallen_empire_tasks_events.txt line 554, 560, and 566 as well as fallen_empire_ship_designs.txt line 3265 the name of the ship is NAME_Surplus_Warden, but it appears as though the design name should be NAME_Surplus_Overseer, as the Xenophile FE no longer has a design named Warden, and the only entry for NAME_Warden that I can find is in fr_custom_loc_keys_l_french.yml, line 635, which appears to reference a leviathan named Wally, according to line 650. Thank you to whomever named Wally, as it was a delight reading that.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
You can see the in-game difference by playing as the fallen empires and looking in their shipyard designs, which no player will do unless using commands.
The code end of it is unnoticeable to the player unless they go code-diving. I did and I am glad I found Wally Warden, that really made my day.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• 20240422214541_1.jpg
    20240422214541_1.jpg
    542,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240422214603_1.jpg
    20240422214603_1.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0