• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finally with achievements there are targets to reach not only imagined one ;) like in Civilization V.

I hope there will be a lot of them ;D
If you're bored look in the ones currently added in the achievements folder of your CK2 dir.
There's stuff like forming the kingdom of Rus (change that to the Empire of Russia, creating Rus is laughable now).

Consider it a tax on foolishly using GG in the first place.

Like hell. I knew nothing about the whole Steam/GG argument. I was told I would get the same game, I paid for the same game, I want the same game. And I'm not going to give a cent more for things I already own (even if, of course, anything new is going to end on the Steam version).

Ironman relies on the steam cloud to work. It is more of a steam feature than a CKII feature. I'd be pissed if I had the GG version too, but I don't see it as a snub. It just isn't possible without the steam cloud (though technically they could have their own cloud, but that would be so expensive that it would be pointless for them to implement. CKII saves grow to be about 60megs after all).

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Ironman relies on the steam cloud to work. It is more of a steam feature than a CKII feature. I'd be pissed if I had the GG version too, but I don't see it as a snub. It just isn't possible without the steam cloud (though technically they could have their own cloud, but that would be so expensive that it would be pointless for them to implement. CKII saves grow to be about 60megs after all).

The problem is... We, the gamersgate users, didn't have a chance to switch over to steam... Without rebuying the game. What's a problem. I preordered the game on gamersgate... And I knewer know that the steam version would get new extra features more then one year later. And know it's to late to switch.

The problem is... We, the gamersgate users, didn't have a chance to switch over to steam... Without rebuying the game. What's a problem. I preordered the game on gamersgate... And I knewer know that the steam version would get new extra features more then one year later. And know it's to late to switch.

It's not like these features are fundamental changes to the gameplay, they are features that only make sense to the version attached to Steam (Steam achievements, taking advantage of Steam cloud). It's not like they announced that it will use Steam for multiplayer and GG users can't multiplay anymore.

Paradox didn't know this either. A year ago the plan was to have 4 big DLC: SoI, LoR, TR and ToG. Now the plans changed, but GG isn't enough for some of the new stuff.

If you don't like "savescumming," why do you need a special mode? Just don't reload when things go sour. It's what I do.
Some people are too weak to do that. :p
Anyways, it could be done without Steam Cloud, but then the saves would be alterable. Like Mount and Blade.

Paradox didn't know this either. A year ago the plan was to have 4 big DLC: SoI, LoR, TR and ToG. Now the plans changed, but GG isn't enough for some of the new stuff.

Then let people shift to Steam. I am not saying to give alms - I am asking for a "give receipt, get DLC". It's not like they were physical copies - they don't have to burn, package and send a second copy. We all paid for those, and having to either pay AGAIN or going the way of Captain Morgan to get it on the now preferential platform is not nice.