• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tombricks

Sergeant
34 Badges
Dec 17, 2017
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Sengoku
  • Age of Wonders II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Magicka 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Howdy. I've never really looked into AoD until yesterday, focusing on HOI4, HOI1 and DH. However, I have been very intrigued by the game and will probably pick it up when I get the chance. How many devs are on the AoD team right now? And how active is the actual development? Like I said, I'm a newbie to the game but I see talks of big 1.13/1.14 updates which sound exciting!

How many devs are on the AoD team right now?
The team has 10 participates, of which 6 are active with the 1.13 release. There are 2 C++ developers (what some call the "Hardcode") and 4 others who can do "softcode" (modding AI, Events, units parameters, translations, etc.).

And how active is the actual development?
Very active. Currently, the team (less me) is testing the latest alpha developer release while I'm still doing fixes, updates, and enhancements to the AoD game code. I'm close (3-4 days) to releasing a new alpha developer release to the team for testing and we're probably (if no surprises arise) 1.5 months away for the major 1.13 beta release to the public.

The team is located all over the world, therefore we use a meeting app to communicate to each other to post bugs, updates each have done, discuss changes, and post the latest information. Rarely are all 6 active participants on at the same time, more like 4, due to the various time zones. We have:
  • 1 member from the UK
  • 2 members from Denmark
  • 1 member from Norway
  • 1 member from Russia (Yakutsk)
  • 1 member from the USA (Spokane, Washington)
One thing that does need to be mentioned, is that the release team is all volunteers doing it for free and after their normal jobs. The exception is me, I'm retired.

If you haven't gone through the 1.13 threads on the main AOD page, I would highly recommend it.

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: