• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Best of em all

Sergeant
73 Badges
Apr 3, 2011
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
Im playing as tuscany bound on uniting Italy i became a secondary power France declared war on me and Austria refused to help so i was out of their sphere but a few months later right before my invasion of Naples and Sicily i got sphered by spain causing my entire economy to collapse i allied with them before i realised i was sphered and now the option to break their sphere isnt avaliable. I cant become a great power because the least powerful (the ottomans then the spanish) still overpower me not to mention my economic crisis. It took the disbanding of 2/3 of my armies and 50% of my navy to even start geting green instead of red witch again kills my overall score due to not having any military points. any help would be appreciated

You never need to disband navy, or at least not transports, to save money. Just disable clipper/steamer convoy purchases. Artillery too if you'd like to spare warships but can't afford to fund them just now.
This of course doesn't work if you need to fund land artillery.

100% admin. eff, full taxes and 0% national stockpile when in peace and not building anything. Civilized country shouldn't run decifit with these. If you do, then you must be subsidizing a whole lot of unprofitable industry or have heavy loan interests.

Your military score comes mainly from the size of your soldier pops (not actual units) and number of generals. You almost never have that many big ships pre-1900 that those would make more than few points.

Next time go for prestige techs if you aim to become GP. This time you just need to stabilize, survive and perhaps hope for "crown from the gutter".

Last edited:
but thats how i went in the red, i had my taxes all on high (i have 0 industry) but almost immediatly after being sphered by spain 97% of my artisans went without any needs just killing my middle class tax and after a couple months of that my poor classes started to go without their needs