• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Durotan

Recruit
Jun 1, 2019
I am 33 years old and I play strategy games since I was 12 years.I want to say CK2 is the best game I ever played.
The next things can make the game even better that it is.
Remake the ways that commanders and rulers can die in battle base on next :

combat rating 80> = wounded (33%)
combat rating <80 = severely injured (33%) wounded (66%)
combat rating <60 = maimed (33%) severely injured (66%) wounded (99%)
combat rating <40 = dead (33%) maimed (66%) severely injured (99%)
combat rating <30 = dead (66%) maimed (99%)
combat rating <20 = dead (99%)

The war zone need to have a huge impact on the Game and is a verry delicate topic,combat rating should be farm! Is not that easy to get and items like weapons and armors will be important and will make the real diference.The game is just way to soft when u spend 15g for a general or buy him with a favor 80+15 then send him also if u have no general but a larger army 10k vs 6k and same tech/culture u win 100% the fight.
The army lead by ruler should have a better impact (the actual bonus is like no diference at all) so u risk the live of him for altmost nothing.Also if army is lead by close kin (bother/son etc) should have bonus (base on relative)

Skills like brave/craven etc should have a decent impact but the true value of the commander should be the combat rating so when you find one high enough is mean he will survive in fights and will be a high value.Also if u try to bride one to join or take a favor the price should be base on te combat rating / skills (this rule whould be for every position where u plan to recruit).

So If I start a game and I have 1 county and I get a claim,I have 1k army they have 0.6k but If I see the ruler have better combat rating also on his court better generals I will things twice before to attack and take that claim.Since if the ruler will have a better impact on leading army (10% offence 20% defense 10% moral 20% pursuit) and also a high chance to survive in a battle (witch will make him to lead the army) that 0.6k will actualy win 100% vs that 1k army lead by altmost nothing.I will try to get a claim on a less good ruler/county also I will pray to get the claim before next succesor if I saw him verry high.This kind of "small" things will make the game more harder.

The game have a lot of future and good things,a REAL strategy/dynasty game but is way to easy it is all about the time only.Fabricate claims or ask from pope buy a general (really don`t matter that much in 80% of case) attack/take then next.The game is WAY TO EASY even on verry hard option,the only things that make the game harder is the revolts (easy to avoid them or the events for them to pop) the claimants/adventure easy to avoid them too also u can turn off revolts/adventures,the health events but u can reduce them by options and also If u have a huge dynasty will be pice of cake no way to get game over by this.

The real things that will make the game harder will be the extend/management system where players will need to over smart the AI not just to wait for time in game pass and do this and that.In some point after 150 years of play u can be overpower with any nation/culture/religion even if u start with 1 county.
Also if u do some research on history u will find out battle where 10k won vs 50k (not so common) but the terrain and generals ability made that.In this game even if u have best general (all good traints) and like +3 tech level u can`t do that.I had same tech level as Anglo Saxon (christian) vs Norse (pagan) I was 17 martial and under 30 combat rating with like 0 war traits 14k Army vs 8k Army...the Norse had 33 martial altmost 80 combat rating with a lot of war traits and I just crush him,it was really lame (my country in real history we had like 10+ victory when enemy had 3/1 the mans Romanians/Turkish fights)

Fabricating claims is for sissis and asking the pope for catholic sissis!
You steal the daughters of rulers, then marry them, then press their sons claims

If you have an army of 1k and are afraid to use it against 600 men you are doing it wrong. You put everything into the middle flank, avoid rivers (if possible), avoid mountains (unless defender), get combat traits that suit your army (e.g. tribal = light infantry; feudal = heavy infantry)
Avoid suicide traits like trickster and cruel
And for the love of Angra Mainyu avoid craven. If you are craven, don't lead armies. Anything else? Lead you armies yourself. The difference is MASSIVE.

I've seen battle with 1.5v1 men lost when my (high skilled as I am) commanders led the soldiers. Then I resign from the caliphs council and tell him to train his peasant soldiers himself and lead my men 1v1 into the battle. Flawless victory

also whats combat rating?

Dude I don`t work,Im not a casual player!! I play this game from last sumer and I play 12-14 hours daily!
I saved the game before fight and resign,load again an repeat 3-4 days 10-12 hours daily only quit/load fight quit/load fight!! and tested with a ruler with the bad traits and a ruled with good traits.The diference is like 30% my record was 7 figts won in a row without die with all the bad traits (even great pox/leper/).
The % to die in this game is base more on luck that on traits.The fight system and how commanders/rullers die need a strong rework! thats is what I say.

Dude I don`t work,Im not a casual player!! I play this game from last sumer and I play 12-14 hours daily!
I saved the game before fight and resign,load again an repeat 3-4 days 10-12 hours daily only quit/load fight quit/load fight!! and tested with a ruler with the bad traits and a ruled with good traits.The diference is like 30% my record was 7 figts won in a row without die with all the bad traits (even great pox/leper/).
The % to die in this game is base more on luck that on traits.The fight system and how commanders/rullers die need a strong rework! thats is what I say.

wha...?
Are you talking about duels, battles, duels in battles?

well my english skill is a bit low.I use "fights" for "battles".Duels look fine and much balance still I lost with a viking warrior at 110 combat rating vs a shieldmade who had less that 50 :) the thing is in battle if u have good traits or bad traits,even no traits at all the % to die is more base on luck.Some traits increase the % I notice but not that much! and there is like no traits that decrease the % except the berserek trait and rank4 in warrior league :) the game dice a roll and add some modify from traits and boom,if the dice is high u are dead,the only way to avoid that is the rule (#code) added rank4 (warrior league) "immune to dead".
If u are pagan ruler and farm xp to level up rank4 u can lead army and be "immortal" even with all bad traits.Go and make a character add all the bad traits but put 90 in martial to level up fast to rank4 and u will never die in battle/duels also if u do same with a character withhout warrior league u will die but less or more depends of traits (but the procent and diference is way to low) or maybe is just a bug in the game.It is just random u can`t make a strategy to have a strong ruler or heir to lead army since u will never know when and if u will die except pagans in warrior league :) in history all kings lead army (most of them did not fight and risk) but they was there and watch how the battle is carry on! In this game u can`t put the leader there without risk his life witch I say again is random base on events that fire or not.Also u can die in a battle 10k man vs a revolt of 1k :) no matter if u win or lose the battle or how many fights in it (the superiority of numbers).
This game need to have a better realistic events in battles and those need to be more base on skills/stats.The best stat to determinate that is personal combat rating because skills give + or - to that like brave/craven and so on.Also possesed should be immune to dead (protection from devil) and high piety (protection from God) but more vulnerable to wounds on the ideea that "good" mans don`t fights like "bad mans" someting like that :) or if u die as high piety character to be add like a Saint or someting like that :) anyway I hope this team will work on a major update just to remake and improve how the battle efect the characters.

Anyway if some1 can tell me how to edit the battle events and chance the ways like character die/get injured there pls help me! I know where to edit but don`t know how to add/chance the rules/code to actualy work that way!

well
actually
being craven makes it more likly to be wounded or even killed in battle
no wait, craven makes it more likly to be captured but less likly to be wounded or killed

anyways: the events you are looking for are in battle_events.txt