• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Darkhosis

Nogleg
76 Badges
Apr 12, 2001
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • War of the Vikings
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Dungeonland
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Forts should stop adventurer/raider movement, unless fort is destroyed. Fort fortification level would need to be tied to appropriate techs. Includes all of them, even these 'non-hostile' bands of hundreds or thousands of armed peoples.
  • Male children in dynasty (or possibly just offspring) of liege should be able to become commanders (& receive honorary titles) at 12. Skill wise, you should have better commanders, but there would still be the prestige, piety, & events that may make it worthwhile. This wouldn't have been uncommon historically in time period (ofc things like loyalty would figure in there, which isn't as much of an issue in CK2 since we can 'see' how loyal they are).
  • Women should be 'adults' and able to marry at 14. 16 is awfully late, considering era of game.
  • Ruler should be able to transfer duke vassals to whomever they choose, regardless of de jure kingdom they belong to. If I have a duke ruling the duchy of Barcelona, I should be able to transfer this person to, say, the Kingdom of Aquitaine -- instead of being forced to revoke the Duchy, then give the Duchy itself to Aquitaine. Even if I held the 'proper' Kingdom for the duchy, I should be able to assign it to whomever. Presumably you're punished enough by having the internal conflicts because of opinion malus from the person that is 'supposed' to have it.
  • When a direct vassal goes into debt, they should request a loan from liege to take them out of debt (if liege has enough gold). If debt isn't repayed in x period of time, then it should give liege reason to revoke titles. Having half the Empire turn into a den of thieves happens way too often & taking any action against it as things stand now will usually result in some severe negative opinion. I suspect most other vassals wouldn't want a bunch of highway robbers bordering their territories either.
  • Courtiers should utilize their gold on useless things, instead of just hording it. The game doesn't even need to say what it's used on? In recent game, I found some lowborn Han commander I could invite to court with nearly 20,000 gold, ~1000 AD. I think with this funding, the guy wouldn't want to be invited to my court to just sit around as a courtier til he dies.

At this point I think the marrying age for children is not going to change. Allowing both daughters and sons to marry earlier makes sense historically but it has been this way for seven years so I doubt it will change now.