• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It looks great, Still had to wait a month to get that f***kin game!

The Japanese troops have golden stars above them?
That be meaning that they are experienced veterans? :confused:

I think it was mentioned somewhere that the gold stars are the equivalent of the X's on counters, so it's showing the size of the forces that sprite represents.

In the Battle of Nenewe we actually have no way of knowing what the terrain is. The province looks half mountains, and half jungle/forest so the province might not be classified as mountain. Remember each province is only one terrain type, and there is no indications on the screenshot what that province has as it's terrain type. Also when were the last screenshots that actually showed the combat window? The other terrain types might of had their frontage values upp'ed, and it's probably all still subject to slight changes anyway.

Your screenshot sparked a question.... I noticed a militia unit and it got me thinking. The old means was that all units that are newly created are generated from the capital. Which might make sense for all standard units. But generally militia are locally recruited and untrained in the conventianal ways. Is it possible now or in the future to raise militia anywhere? This make alot of sense for those countries with alot of islands. I'm pretty sure at least some of those militia are indigenous peoples. If you wanted to get even more complex tie them to a region and they would get ambush bonus for that region :)

I think it was mentioned somewhere that the gold stars are the equivalent of the X's on counters, so it's showing the size of the forces that sprite represents.

In the Battle of Nenewe we actually have no way of knowing what the terrain is. The province looks half mountains, and half jungle/forest so the province might not be classified as mountain. Remember each province is only one terrain type, and there is no indications on the screenshot what that province has as it's terrain type. Also when were the last screenshots that actually showed the combat window? The other terrain types might of had their frontage values upp'ed, and it's probably all still subject to slight changes anyway.

Other than the gigantic picture of a mountain in the combat report.