• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You are a marvel. I wouldn't have the guts to come back after a year of silence, you do it twice. A story worth telling, then.

I am pleased to see this focused Solomon. I sympathise with his reasons for the war he plans. I'm also finding the fact this is the focus which makes the dark recede very...well, medieval. I suppose it really was a time of wars as opportunities for escape and salvation. Their poets certainly seemed to believe it.

I'm back on track, and I assume you'll forgive me for missing your last year's update... this is a very rare and special AAR where years pass more or less at the same pace for the characters and the readers.

I like that Solomon has lost a bit of his gloom, if not a single bit of his burden. I wonder whether this easy ride the Christians are getting in Iberia will stop in the coming war, or if it'll take another 100 years for the Almohads to show up and give monarchs like Sancho a lesson in humility.

Digging through a server, and I found an itil.zip file containing all screenshots for this story, plus the whole mapped plot for it.

What's ten years? It's tempting.
Welcome back! Keep us posted :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Digging through a server, and I found an itil.zip file containing all screenshots for this story, plus the whole mapped plot for it.

What's ten years? It's tempting.
New activity in the CK1 forum? And by one of the kings of the forum himself, no less? Sign me up! I need to reread this then.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I was just perusing the forums when I saw a recent post on the CK sub-forum. Having never been fortunate to play it or even see screenshots of it, my curiosity was piqued. Come to find out an AAR that has been in hibernation for 10 years might suddenly be revived? :eek:

I gotta read it now.

It's also crazy that some of the people from back there are still posting in 2022, I been playing the games since around the time Divine Wind was released for EU3, 2011 IIRC, but I never bothered to check the forums back then.