• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We still have plans for Cities in Motion 2!
we will give you guys something new for Cities in Motion 2
So... What happened? Let me guess: We will never ever see anything new for cim2? So you lied directly to your paying customers?

Hopefully a patch for bugfixes?
Keep dreaming. It looks like in the last 12 months they fixed 0 bugs. You see: Happy customers is nothing they care about...

I'm also hoping we get to make plenty of new games in the future, one of them being a new transport simulator :) There are so many games we want to make and so little time... :(
So you're rushing games (which mean less time for QA), then abandon them ASAP to make a new game? Thanks but no thanks, I'll vote with my money and never ever buy something from you again. :mad:

//EDIT:
unfortunately some design choices are too deep in the code and therefore it's impossible for us to build a city builder on top of CIM2.
Are you kidding me? How's that possible then:
CIM2 has already becoming a city builder game, with the help of mods.
If you install eis_os's latest CIM2PatchPlus you will have the ability to place buildings manually 'in game' (I know it's not perfect yet, it's still a work in progress, but it will get better.). You can also run trams on metro tracks both on viaducts and in tunnels stopping at metro stations. As the game already gives you the ability to build new roads and other transport lines, it transforms the game into a viable city builder game with massive transport options: exactly what I want!
So please, stop moaning and enjoy what we have.
Seriously, when others are able to do it without knowing your codes and you can't do it with the codes... Well, that says more then enough... Also: 3rd lie! I start to want my money back...

You're all blaming the wrong people. CO does not decide what it will or will not do. That decision is made by Paradox, the publisher. The devs work for them and they have them working on CSL. Hopefully they'll let them come back to this game in the future; but for now Paradox has them working on a game that has a lot more people interested in it than this niche game.

Business is business.

I have never SEEN so much bitching and whining on one forum. The sheer amount of drama is getting ridiculous. Don't get me wrong; I understand the complaints, but holy sh*t.

I'm sorry you think that it's negative, but sadly it happens to be true!
CO are totally committed to developing their new CSL city builder game, that's occupying all their time at present. I guess they recon that this will bring a greater return, rather than developing CIM2 any further. I doubt that they will ever now return to adding to CIM2; if they ever return to the city transport theme, it will most likely be in the form of a new CIM3 game.

Edit:
This was the last post I can find from CO on this forum:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...kshop-Bugs&p=15661878&viewfull=1#post15661878
This was over 6 months ago! That says it all.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you think that it's negative, but sadly it happens to be true!
CO are totally committed to developing their new CSL city builder game, that's occupying all their time at present. I guess they recon that this will bring a greater return

Exactly. Have you people seen the amount of hype and promotion that game has been getting compared to the last two Cities in Motion games? I'm sorry to all who liked the CiM games, but this series has always felt like the ground work for a much bigger game, and that game I believe is coming soon.

If they ever return to CiM, they will have to do something extraordinary with the transportation simulation to make as much of an impact as C:SL has had so far. If C:SL proves to be a success (which I hope it is), this could take a long time.

Last edited:
Some good news from the CSL forum:

I think there are 10 game ideas for each of the developers here and probably in all possible genres :D My personal wish is continuing Cities: Skylines and Cities in Motion in the future and maybe make some awesome simulation games about amusement parks and ponies and maybe a historical city builder at some point.

And I have a plan to making all this happen: So if all the people in the world get a copy of Cities: Skylines we will be able to grow Colossal to a super mega simulation game development corporation making all the games we have ever wanted to. Until that happens we just need to work on one game at a time...

So if all the people in the world get a copy of Cities: Skylines we will be able to grow

I'm so sorry. It's not possible, since CO wiped customers ;) @Jinzor could you say the same about cars? Model A was just a trial. Model B is for serious :D