• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i can confirm - its completely unplayable. I just found a localization typo - can't play anymore!!!!!:rofl:

The 2.1.4 temporary titles thing is really strange... the titles are incredibly durable. I put down a revolt and like 300 years later I still had Princes of the Ummayad Revolt running around

I don't think being unable to plot to revoke title qualifies the game as broken and unplayable.

That's not the only issue; spymasters can't convince vassals out of factions, etc...
But I think he just should've said that the game's far too buggy right now and just patiently wait for the official patch. :)

With that said, for those that do encounter any issue with temporary titles, you can always opt in to the open beta patch available through Steam. If you already have inherited a temporary title in an existing save game, it should be fixed as well by loading that save in the beta patch. Unfortunately, the latest update contained a bug with some plots being removed with daily ticks (as mentioned, plots to revoke a title is affected by this). We are already working on the issue and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you are still able to enjoy the game even with the current issues.
I would just like to say I inherited a temporary title on the normal game and some nice person on this thread told me if I opted into the beta that save would be fixed. And I just wanted to let you know that, indeed my game is now fixed and I don't hold a temporary title. THANK THE GODS, Danmark is no longer a shadow of it's former self! LOL

ahahah, i love paradox, people here white knighting their asses off (for what ever reason) saying its not a bug, and bla bla bla, then a pdox representative comes, and say" its a serious problem we apologise and we are working to fix it", leaving all the white knights apologist like, well white knights who defend everything without solid ground

after so many post where pdox representative basically tell the white knights that they are wrong, one would have guess they would stop defending everything

also from experience once you hit 1300 mark and you have a rebellion the game basically dies

ahahah, i love paradox, people here white knighting their asses off (for what ever reason) saying its not a bug, and bla bla bla, then a pdox representative comes, and say" its a serious problem we apologise and we are working to fix it", leaving all the white knights apologist like, well white knights who defend everything without solid ground

after so many post where pdox representative basically tell the white knights that they are wrong, one would have guess they would stop defending everything

also from experience once you hit 1300 mark and you have a rebellion the game basically dies
Way to twist reality.

First of all, of course Pdx would acknowledge the bug as serious - anything else would invite hellish amount of abuse to rain down on them.
Secondly, no one ("white knight" or otherwise) has claimed the bug to not be serious. Check the thread name, people are clamouring for "unplayable", which clearly is false.
Thirdly, this was stated:
I'd like to apologize if you feel that the game is unplayable. The issues with temporary titles that can be encountered in 2.1.4 is indeed serious. With that said, for those that do encounter any issue with temporary titles, you can always opt in to the open beta patch available through Steam. If you already have inherited a temporary title in an existing save game, it should be fixed
You still want to claim "unplayable, broken game"?

EDIT: And please, show me a post of anybody saying "it's not a bug". Hyperbole and false statements is not a cute way to argue.

Way to twist reality.

First of all, of course Pdx would acknowledge the bug as serious - anything else would invite hellish amount of abuse to rain down on them.
Secondly, no one ("white knight" or otherwise) has claimed the bug to not be serious. Check the thread name, people are clamouring for "unplayable", which clearly is false.
Thirdly, this was stated:
You still want to claim "unplayable, broken game"?

EDIT: And please, show me a post of anybody saying "it's not a bug". Hyperbole and false statements is not a cute way to argue.

way to nit pick on a statement that was suppost to transend just this thread, and refer to in general (for the its not a bug, please look at the PU lithuania post in EU4, where people claim it make sense that value, yet johan stated it was an error)

way to nit pick on a statement that was suppost to transend just this thread, and refer to in general (for the its not a bug, please look at the PU lithuania post in EU4, where people claim it make sense that value, yet johan stated it was an error)

Then why didn't you post in that thread in the EUIV forum rather than the CKII forum, or at the very least explicitly state in your first post that it was a general, over-arching post not directed purely at this thread?

Then why didn't you post in that thread in the EUIV forum rather than the CKII forum, or at the very least explicitly state in your first post that it was a general, over-arching post not directed purely at this thread?

thought it was clear, seems i was wrong, and because it seems to be a generalize issue on pdox forum, not just one part of the forum

thought it was clear, seems i was wrong, and because it seems to be a generalize issue on pdox forum, not just one part of the forum
I see. Well, I have no idea what's going on on the EUIV forum, sorry.

The plot bug is however a bug, and somewhat serious (more from Pdx perspective, than from players, I'd wager) and it's good that it'll be fixed in the final patch and is already fixed in the beta patch. However it's miles and miles from broken and unplayable even with the bug.

I'd like to apologize if you feel that the game is unplayable. The issues with temporary titles that can be encountered in 2.1.4 is indeed serious. We have been hard at work to fix many of these issues in the beta patch. Unfortunately, the patch has been taking longer than we anticipated to deploy as a live patch. This is because we have been doing a lot of memory optimizations in order to ensure that as many people as possible can play Crusader Kings 2 as smoothly as possible with the RoI patch. We also had to work on increasing overall stability alongside the optimizations to avoid any possible side effects (which is also one of the reasons of the delay).

With that said, for those that do encounter any issue with temporary titles, you can always opt in to the open beta patch available through Steam. If you already have inherited a temporary title in an existing save game, it should be fixed as well by loading that save in the beta patch. Unfortunately, the latest update contained a bug with some plots being removed with daily ticks (as mentioned, plots to revoke a title is affected by this). We are already working on the issue and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you are still able to enjoy the game even with the current issues.
I love everything about this response. Informative, respectful, thorough, professional, and ends with a proposed solution.

Thank you.