Smth strange with Naval Aircraft MIO

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Iwo Jima

Veni! Vidi! Calculi!
6 Badges
Mar 3, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
This MIO gives +10% range, while range doesn't matter to carrier planes, only to naval bombers. Little bit strange but OK.

The most interesting, it gives +5% to ground attack and +0% to naval attack. Naval(!!!) aircraft designer. Looks like absurd.

As I see, its the most useless aircraft MIO in the game.

• 2Like
Reactions:
This MIO gives +10% range, while range doesn't matter to carrier planes, only to naval bombers. Little bit strange but OK.

The most interesting, it gives +5% to ground attack and +0% to naval attack. Naval(!!!) aircraft designer. Looks like absurd.

As I see, its the most useless aircraft MIO in the game.
Another strange and unexplained decision. There is no reason for taking this MIO.

I understand what you mean but is there no risk that this units with naval attack or targeting bonus are to strong in seabattle? 10% range why not. Can be helpfull when you attack land with CVs, for example Japan. The 15% relaibility sounds very good for me. Only mediumplains get 20% from a other designer.

I understand what you mean but is there no risk that this units with naval attack or targeting bonus are to strong in seabattle? 10% range why not. Can be helpfull when you attack land with CVs, for example Japan. The 15% relaibility sounds very good for me. Only mediumplains get 20% from a other designer.

Maybe youu right. Maybe +5% naval atack could destroy balance, but then its a question to this balance. Moreover, some other MIOs give little bonuses to naval atack, while this gives zero (not Zero)
Now Naval Aircraft MIO is absolutely counterintuitive and have not much sense. Japan has better MIOs for aircraft, for example.

Reactions:

Well technically there is carrier CAS which benefits from both range and ground attack.

Well technically there is carrier CAS which benefits from both range and ground attack.
technically you right. but its one of the most useless planes, while workhorses Navs get nothing

• 1Like
Reactions:
technically you right. but its one of the most useless planes, while workhorses Navs get nothing
You can technically get more naval attack using 3x AP dive bombs (3x6) than a single medium torpedo (17) if you use CAS and lower production cost for the modules 3x1 vs 4

Reactions:
They're not completely useless, I use them quite often to support naval invasions.

Edit: not sure if enough people are aware of this, but CV CAS on carriers assigned the Naval Invasions Support Mission will automatically participate on the invasion battles.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: