• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I encountered this problem before while working on a mod project. The problem was having the same minister name more than once. So, if Eisenhower is Chief of Staff in the past and then somehow is killed ( I mean sleepminister command that is used for gameplay purposes) then your Head of State Eisenhower will also be dead. I am pretty sure that you had an event that slept Eisenhower the general in the past.

I think that event sleeps Eisenhower as the Chief of Staff/Chief of Army, since he wouldn't be allowed to hold those (military) positions as President. I guess some other method needs to be used for that, instead.

after having tested the game for the first (serious) time; I was wondering if the US could be more aggressive....they didn't start an amphibious invasion nor did they try to build nukes. 3/4 years ago I had one of the most satisfying experiences when I had messed up Barbarossa so I beat the Bear late in the game and failed to take the British Isles out in time, so I got nuked two times in 45 by the Americans (that was the Compendium Mod by Luxor)

after having tested the game for the first (serious) time; I was wondering if the US could be more aggressive....they didn't start an amphibious invasion nor did they try to build nukes. 3/4 years ago I had one of the most satisfying experiences when I had messed up Barbarossa so I beat the Bear late in the game and failed to take the British Isles out in time, so I got nuked two times in 45 by the Americans (that was the Compendium Mod by Luxor)

Unfortunately this is not due to SMEP but due to AoD AI files. AI is quite inactive as of 1.07 patch.

I love what SMEP provides to AOD :) I can't go back to vanilla events ...

I was however looking to see if a new thread by the SMEP developers could be started where users can submit requests & solutions for changes in cosmetic details. By this I don't mean "let's open the hood and gut the sucker"... I have written and tweaked events on my own accord and wouldn't want to force them upon people universally. I really just mean some fine details...

For example, when some of the key SMEP events fire the detailed historical backgrounds and options add to the immersion factor beautifully. In other (maybe less exposed) events I feel like that immersion feel isn't just off, but totally broken. Some random ones I searched with event ID's and detail:

70050: desc = "Man, they need to chill."
70100: desc = "Hitler is a jerk"
70720: desc = "This is gh3333y"

In this new thread, we could cite certain events and suggest changes in a future release. I'm sure there might be some in the community that would love to write up detailed alternate historical background for large chain-reaction events like the Russian Civil War. Others might offer a plain-speak alternative to something that today reads as "This is gh3333y" to reflect the same sentiment. Still more might simply suggest an edit so that a button that might by default say something like "OK" instead reads as something more descriptive to the resulting action.

So yeah, just an idea. I've tended to edit these one-off (in my perception) immersion killing points as I run across them and then save for later edits when a new SMEP update comes out...

Maybe if we just send our finished improvements & contributions to Atrujedi he could package it all together for the next version of SMEP while also making sure that the changes keep within the theme of the mod?

Maybe if we just send our finished improvements & contributions to Atrujedi he could package it all together for the next version of SMEP while also making sure that the changes keep within the theme of the mod?

We could do this as well, but I was thinking the benefit of a specialized thread might be:

• Folks who choose to provide input are collaborating openly and can see prospective changes to made. This would stop people from reinventing the wheel if a change has already been suggested and Atrujedi then says he'll include it.
  • Atrujedi isn't getting swamped with one-off messaged suggestions that might be overlapping.
... or maybe I'm overestimating the amount of folks who would look to make these suggestions. If it is really only a handful, the one-off messages would be workable. It's really up to Atrujedi how he wants to handle it; I don't mind sending a direct message for a suggested tweak here and there.

~~~
Edit:
Just tried to shoot Atrujedi a message with some updates, but could not reach as the mailbox was full. Below is link to an attachment of some running update suggestions I'm making:
View attachment SMEP event changes.txt
~~~

Last edited:
I think that event sleeps Eisenhower as the Chief of Staff/Chief of Army, since he wouldn't be allowed to hold those (military) positions as President. I guess some other method needs to be used for that, instead.

I've not noticed this happening in my games. I do want Eisenhower slept for the army positions as he can't be President and Chief of Staff/Army but I thought this worked fine.

I don't really play AoD anymore (prefer Arma after trouble with AI in AoD) but I will have a look and check back.

I've not noticed this happening in my games. I do want Eisenhower slept for the army positions as he can't be President and Chief of Staff/Army but I thought this worked fine.

I don't really play AoD anymore (prefer Arma after trouble with AI in AoD) but I will have a look and check back.

I can confirm that Eisenhower is slept for the HoS position (accidently). I have corrected this for Arma, and will be uploading a revised version in the next ten minutes. This version, I am fairly sure, will also work for Arma.

I simply changed the name of Eisenhower to Dwight David Eisenhower as suggested by Makif above.

Forgive me if 'm not exactly sure what SMEP does beyond it's a lot of new events and treaties. The reviews are all raving. Are these events treaties more realistic? or just more fun? I've already installed coldwar ext and don't want to lose any of that. I suppose loading 2 mods could be asking for trouble. Is it?

Forgive me if 'm not exactly sure what SMEP does beyond it's a lot of new events and treaties. The reviews are all raving. Are these events treaties more realistic? or just more fun?...

I think SMEP can have different meanings and benefits to different players. To me, it makes certain points more realistic especially when handling alternate history. Some examples:
  • If Germany invades the UK home islands after France is gone, they surrender much faster, and much more realistically without the US or USSR being involved than when if they are involved. This to me just makes sense. If I'm the US or USSR then I have more of a motivation to intervene sooner if Germany is steam rolling.
  • A follow-up to the above, once England is defeated, most of Western & Northern France reverts to Vichy control as the threat of invasion across the channel disappears.
  • A defeated USSR has the potential to devolve into civil war after they are beaten.
  • If Germany doesn't trigger war over Poland, or if they back down with Poland, other events kick in that can lead to war so the game has less of a chance to stall.

... these altered and added events help add to the game where the original AOD events come up short, or don't take into account the different directions a player may go.

what do you think about reducing Germany's IC substantially? and while I'm talking about IC's, what about a 'Morgenthau Plan event', reducing German IC and transferring them to neighboring countries?

I'm thinking about the starting IC; Germany should have maybe a little bit more than France.
When you take a look back in history, Germany wouldn't have had a chance against the combination of UK and France if the Germans would have waited for a year or more, there's a quote by Speer somewhere where he admits that the 3rd Reich was a lot weaker industrially than the Kaiserreich.

I'll try to look up some material which compares the potential output of the central/western european countries of that period

Last edited: