• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Splott

Second Lieutenant
13 Badges
Jul 3, 2012
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings II
I don't see why we only get one universal map size for ALL maps in the game, CiM2 is all about bigger cities and maps but who would want to grow an entire map with a city?

Having a big map also forces people to terraform the entire map and many decide not to.. meaning finished maps which look half finished.. Please give us small, med, large and huge (current sizes) so we can create different size REGIONS as well as cities!

Last edited:
Start out using the different filters to generate random terrain, then use the different Edit tools to manipulate where and if you need to. A new map can be done in less than an hour if you just wanna get going with something small and build as you go in-game.

Bigger maps please... Not smaller...

i like huge space :) no one dictate you, you have to build huge city :)

I am usually doing lots of cities connected :) it's like transport tycoon without industrial things, hehehe.
I really like to play with traffic, building highways and crossroads :)

I did a smaller map the other night, and what I mean by that is that I took about 1/4 of the map (one of the corners) and surrounded the entire area by a mountain range so that the area of play is inside of the mountain range, and then just worked on the inside of that area to terraform it and add towns etc. Worked out very well until or if we see smaller maps. Could also be done by simply marking off the edges you wish to play in with a dense forest of trees. Obviously it would be more elegant to have smaller maps (map variety sizes I mean) than do it this way but it works.

The main issue to me in this game thus far for me... Really small towns (I'm talking towns, not small cities) are not profitable or they have 0 riders of your transport. I placed a trolly route where I had created a small town and work area and there are 0 riders on any of the stops, and 0 cars on the road, yet in the small city areas of the map where I also have stops there is plenty of riders and traffic. I don't know if there is an issue with the game or if it's just too small of an area for the game to bother to simulate what's supposed to be going on. I let my trollies run for a long time and lose a lot of cash but there just wasn't anybody willing to ride it in the small town area nor any traffic that ever sprouted up there even though I set the traffic to 99 in the editor.