• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you deploy, say, all four jammer 'pods' from a Growler in a particular area...is the affect cumulative?

IE., each pod deployed contributes to the overall noise, if the affected area nearly totally overlaps? Or is this more of a binary thing...the area is either 'jammed' (which some modifier to sensor accuracy), or not?

No, it is not cumulative in the overlaps. However, each lasts a limited time, so you extend coverage that way (but, again, not cumulative).

However, I am quite confident that with the latest patch fixing the jamming effect, those on the receiving end of a jamming can hardly see which way the wind blows.

No, it is not cumulative in the overlaps. However, each lasts a limited time, so you extend coverage that way (but, again, not cumulative).

However, I am quite confident that with the latest patch fixing the jamming effect, those on the receiving end of a jamming can hardly see which way the wind blows.

Ah, cool, thanks!

Do jammers effect 'friendly' units, too?

IE., if I want see a flight of enemy aircraft approaching my ships and I know I don't have much in the way of defenses, if I throw up a jamming circle around the convoy...that sounds like it will make a big difference on how effective the enemy radar is, but will it also impair my surface ships' ability to shoot back? IE., are ALL sensors in the 'jammed' zone effected? Or just enemy sensors?

Another question...I just tried using a Growler to place a "jam circle" over an air base while a pair of Taranis's moved in to bomb it. However when my bombers got in close, the base just fired SAMs and blew them both out of the sky. What gives? Does jamming only have a certain probability of blinding the enemy or something?

Another question...I just tried using a Growler to place a "jam circle" over an air base while a pair of Taranis's moved in to bomb it. However when my bombers got in close, the base just fired SAMs and blew them both out of the sky. What gives? Does jamming only have a certain probability of blinding the enemy or something?
It blinds the enemy radar by a certain percentage (detection is deterministic). A very powerful ground based radar system may still see through jamming.