• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dadarian

King of Queen's
78 Badges
Mar 4, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
mvcs8G2LAWRAGo94nSVEoUn4Y-6vUCcxwnrK5l-N-jG5ekUngXT-aqIPWDHCvJRTd8cPXCe9jodnGu0_Lp7t4sYLoVl_eR0d32neX0XMzsRBmlDd-cu_Ky1k5XU2Rxxqd40H7OJC

Crisis in China; 1912
(aka Dadar’s Folly)

___

Welcome to Crisis in China, a game inspired primarily by the works of Noco, XVG, Frymonmon’s old Crisis series. Our story begins January 1st, 1912, right after the creation of the Chinese Republic - that poor creature formed in the aftermath of the Chinese Revolution. With the Qing all but destroyed, egos and power collide and anything can happen.

Rules and Procedures

The foundation of this game will be on voting and fighting, whether within the Government or on the fields of China, or both. This is of course where you - the player - comes in. You will fill the role of a character in this period, making an original character who you shall direct through the tumultuous aftermath of the Chinese Revolution and whatever government follows suit. Given the inherent chaos of this setting, we'll have to see just how China turns out and I'll adapt accordingly to its unique government or lack thereof.

As I plan it, a "normal" flow of events will begin with a Crisis Phase wherein I levy a specific issue to the player base, which you may tackle in whatever harebrained ways you wish. This is precisely how our game will begin, the crisis of course being the rise of Sun Yat-sen as President, but further Crises will be unscripted and dependent on how the game progresses. Following the Crisis Phase, I will then have two half-year General Updates, detailing the happenings both within Russia and abroad if notable, with the possibility of further Crises between them.

You may ask yourself, "But what do I do during these General Updates?" Good question. During each half-year turn, players will have to major actions they can take:

• Firstly, legislate. These are times when you should be debating, attacking and proposing legislation within the government, whether you are in the Government, or in the Army.
  • Secondly, orders. Each half-year, I will allow all players to send one order which I will determine the results of by GM magicks. As a rule of thumb, realistic and sensible orders that are backed by fellow players will tend to better, while crazy schemes ran solo will likely incur great risks and the potential for character death. Should any player reach the lofty office of President or Qing Emperor (AKA Emperor of China), they will be entitled to two orders unless otherwise stated. I will adjust this rule should such offices become defunct or changed.
Concerning stats, the only stats that there will be will be troop numbers. Any other qualitative or quantitative data will be reserved to my lonesome so I don’t have to actually make it nice and pretty for all of you.

Character Creation

I strongly encourage all players be a member of either the Government or the Beiyang Army, however, given my order policy, you can technically be someone outside of these institutions and participate. I will not tailor the game to those outside the government system - for instance, I will not model stocks if you insist on being a wealthy capitalist - but I will allow you some degree of autonomy so long as it doesn't annoy me.

With regards to how prominent your character may be, I say this: no one may start as head of an established party (see below for more details). Though I expect this to quickly change, I would rather players be simple members. As far as government involvement, I will allow players to have a backstory as an old government minister so long as said post was not major, such as Qing Emperor, President, Minister of Foreign Affairs etc. If in doubt, ask me. As a rule of thumb, make something fun but not something that can be considered over-powered or setting yourself up to dominate others because of your experience.

Without further japes, here is the sign-up.

Name: Ho Li Tit
Birth Place: Beiping
Birth Date: January 1st, 1878
Party: Tongmenghui
Biography: Born into a poor family, Ho worked hard to get an education. Having got it, he then overthrew the Qing and is now a bureaucrat.

The Government of the Republic of China

Born out of the Chinese Revolution which has de facto overturned the Qing Empire, overthrew the Manchu dominance, and brought about Han influence for the first time in centuries, China’s Republic is an essentially unformed entity. The sole entrenched law is the one the defines the creation of the Beiyang Army, headed by General Yuan Shikai.

There is none, have fun

Political Parties

Tongmenghui

• Republicanism and anti-Qing sentiment
  • Major Party
  • Headed by Sun Yat-sen.

Beiyang Government:
President: Sun Yat-sen @Cloud_Strife
Vice President: Li Yuanhong
Minister of War: Huang Xing
Head of General Staff: Huang Xing
Vice Minister of Military Affairs: Zhang Zoulin @Harpsichord
Commander and Chief of the Beiyang Army: Yuan Shikai @Korona
Minister of the Navy: Huang Zhonying
Minister of the Interior: Cheng Dequan
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Wang Chonghui
Minister of Justice: Wu Tingfang
Minister of Education: Cai Yuanpei
Minister of Finance: Chen Jintao
Minister of Communications: Tang Shouqian
Minister of Industry: Zhang Jian
Minister of Agriculture and Forestry: Song Jiaoren @MastahCheef117

Beiyang Army:
  • Commander of the Beiyang Army (Yuan Shikai @Korona) [60,000 men]
  • 1st Army (Yuan Shikai @Korona) [25,000 men]
    • 4th Division (Wu Fengling) [9,000 men]
      • 7th Brigade (Chen Guangyuan) [900 men]
      • 8th Brigade (Wang Yujia) [900 men]
    • 3rd Brigade (Wang Zhanyuan) [8,000 men]
    • 11th Brigade (Li Chun) [8,000 men]
  • 2nd Army (Feng Guozhang @aedan777) [25,000 men]
    • 5th Division (Zhang Yongcheng) [7,000 men]
    • 5th Brigade (Lu Yongxiang) [6,000 men]
    • 39th Brigade (Wu Zhenxiang) [6,000 men]
    • 2nd Mixed Brigade (Wang Ruxian) [6,000 men and horses]
  • 3rd Army (Cao Kun @Noco19) [10,000 men]
    • 1st Division (Empty) [1,000]
    • 37th Brigade (Cai E) [4,500 men]
    • 3rd Division (Wu Peifu @baboushreturns) [4,500 men]
      • Army of the Centre (Li Liejun) [1,000 men]
        • Anhui Brigade (Tang Jiayao) [300 men]
Governors and Posts of Import:

Chairman of the Manchurian People's Peacekeeping Council: Zhang Zuolin @Harpsichord [9,000 men]
Acting Chief Executive Officer of Kokonur: Ma Fuxiang [10,000 men]
Qing Emperor: Puyi [assorted eunuchs]
Shanxi Provincial Government Chief Minister: Yan Xishan @Thandros [3,000]
Admiral of the Guangxi Military Governate: Lu Rongting @Maxwell500 [3,000]
Commander-in-Chief of the Guangdong Army: Chen Kwing Ming [3,000]

Remember, this is a sign up thread. Choose a couple people so that you can be in the game. First choice doesn't exactly mean first dibs, although I will try to fit everyone where I can.

If no one chooses Sun Yat-sen, I'm disappointed in all of you.

Last edited:
1. Zhang Zongchang
2. Song Jiaoren
3. Yan Xishan

1. Feng Guozhang
2. Zhang Zuolin
3. Cao Kun

Ma Fuxiang.