• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tilarium

Colonel
116 Badges
Apr 26, 2007
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • King Arthur II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
Anyone else noticing that all kids born between a set of parents are always born on the same day of the month? Like my current ruler, his kids with his previous wife were all born on the 23rd of the month and his kids with his current wife are being born on the 7th of the month. I'm not sure if this is still happening with the current patch as I'm still playing my previous game and reverted back to the previous version.

Just an odd thing I'm noticing and wondering if I'm the only one.

This happens for everyone. Children of a couple will always have children born on the same day. Typically it's a great way to find out if your kid is a bastard. The only exception I know of is for children born from seduction. In that case the child will be born the day of the seduction.

I never remember seeing this happen before and I'm one of those people that has a .txt file open on the side to record events as they happen (the chronicle is awesome but it is very unreliable.. it stopped working about 30 years into my current game). I thought it might have been something recent but I also usually play heavily modded games too, so that could be why I've never noticed it before (Playing an ironman run to get some achievements right now).

Almost certainly a programming optimization. You don't want to evaluate all of your events (both in the sense of literal game events and stuff going on) every day. That's just way too slow with thousands of characters interacting in thousands of ways. So instead you evaluate a bunch of things that aren't terribly time-sensitive once a month. But you still don't want to calculate it all on the 1st of every month (which would cause day 1 to be slow as hell and day 2-30 to be very fast), so you split a bunch of stuff up so that roughly 1/30th of things are calculated on day 1, 1/30th on day 2, and so on. This way you can get 3000% as much stuff done on the same CPU power without additional lag or stuttering.

This was indeed a programming optimization introduced about 3 years ago IIRC. The actual day is set by the mother and (true) father, so It makes it dead easy to work out who your bastards are. That's a bit of a cheat which is why i try not to look too hard at my kids birthdays.

This was indeed a programming optimization introduced about 3 years ago IIRC. The actual day is set by the mother and (true) father, so It makes it dead easy to work out who your bastards are. That's a bit of a cheat which is why i try not to look too hard at my kids birthdays.

Hmmm... guess the first wife didn't actually cheat after all. Kinda feel a bit guilty now for plotting her death since the Pope wouldn't grant a divorce.