Shouldn't Ardabil be a Lucky Nation?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dvd Avins

Second Lieutenant
31 Badges
Mar 7, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Age of Wonders
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
They are the Safavids. In real life, they survived temporary regional dominance by AQ and QQ to emerge as the long-term rulers of Iran, who gave it its lasting character as a religiously focused Shia powerhouse.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't think Lucky Nation status would save them from annexation regardless, though your logic does make sense. However, they don't include Persia as a Lucky Nation in general, and I don't recall the last time they updated that list, so I don't think an update is likely.

Reactions:
Hmm. Maybe it could be make something like they start as QQ vassal but if QQ and Ardabil are ai Ardabil cannot be annexed for 50 years. If ai QQ remain strong it can annex Ardabil but if QQ weak Ardabi become independent and gain all Azerbaijan province and become Iran while it's ruler change to Ismail from Ardabil mission ignoring the requirement(since forming Iran require expanding downward and i'm not sure about buffing ai Ardabil more than it already is like say inherit Shivran and Ajam for free for Ardabil ai for example)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Lucky is not given to lucky nations, but to nations that historically dominated.

This is to ensure a more historically correct and interesting outcome.

Personally I hate it, would love to disable it and still get achievements.

Reactions:
Yes it should.

I don't understand the Paradox mentality of giving buffs and benefits to already strong tag when they were at their height and most often than not ended up stagnating rather than snowballing as they do in the game, and not to the much smaller and weaker tags that actually did the unthinkable, punched way above their weight to become a great power against all odds.

Paradox was very clear they they didn't want to make the Ardabil start easier. That is ridiculous, Ardabil deserved far more bonuses than Persia. Adrabil punched superhumanly above their weight to be able to form Persia, but Persia itself did nothing outstanding for what would be expected for their size.

Reactions:
Yes it should.

I don't understand the Paradox mentality of giving buffs and benefits to already strong tag when they were at their height and most often than not ended up stagnating rather than snowballing as they do in the game, and not to the much smaller and weaker tags that actually did the unthinkable, punched way above their weight to become a great power against all odds.

Paradox was very clear they they didn't want to make the Ardabil start easier. That is ridiculous, Ardabil deserved far more bonuses than Persia. Adrabil punched superhumanly above their weight to be able to form Persia, but Persia itself did nothing outstanding for what would be expected for their size.

I think it is a relic from version 1.0. Without the mission trees and various other buffs these nations received.

Reactions:
Hmm. Maybe it could be make something like they start as QQ vassal but if QQ and Ardabil are ai Ardabil cannot be annexed for 50 years. If ai QQ remain strong it can annex Ardabil but if QQ weak Ardabi become independent and gain all Azerbaijan province and become Iran while it's ruler change to Ismail from Ardabil mission ignoring the requirement(since forming Iran require expanding downward and i'm not sure about buffing ai Ardabil more than it already is like say inherit Shivran and Ajam for free for Ardabil ai for example)
Ehhhh, these buffs are both ahustorical and more railroading than most would be comfortable with.
1. QQ and Ardabil never really clashed as much.
2. AQ indirectly did annex Ardabil during the game timeframe, when they, under Haydar, raided Shrivan, who was a vassal of AQ at the time. Ismail was in exile in Gilan before his conquests, before reclaiming the Safavid lands, then, through military genius and sheer numbers from the Qizilbash, conquering Shrivan shortly after in revenge, and then cutting through AQ, who were divided in 2 at the time due to an ongoing succession crisis, HENCE Ardabil punching so far above their weight, on top of Ismail's tactical genius. AQ wasn't exactly weak weak, they were divided in 2 with one holding all of starting AQ and Azerbaijan, and the other holding Iraq and Iraq-e-Ajam.

TL;DR: The issue is that Tribal Federations are too stable, not that Ardabil is inherently in need of AI buffs.

Reactions: